Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Patriots - 12/19 - LOSS 31 - 27

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw that a couple of you guys already looking towards next weekends game so I thought it I would put up this thread.

Since its on NBC most of us should get is, RS do you get it too?

I am predicting a win. Feel free to call me a homer but this screams trap game for the pats, and they will go against a desperate packers team. Plus the Pats D isnt that good in comparison to the rest of the league, and its bound to bite them in the rear.

Go Pack.

Gerard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a great shot at it if Rodgers can go. If not, we are playing for 10-6...

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should we worry about the pats trying to cheat their way through this game too?

"A similar incident happened when the Patriots played in Green Bay last year, according to the Packers’ director of public relations, Jeff Blumb. A member of the Packers’ security team spotted a person on the field carrying a video camera who was wearing an official Patriots credential — those are usually given to members of a team’s staff — but not wearing the colored vests given to photographers.

The Packers asked the Patriots employee to put away his camera. After some initial resistance, he complied, Blumb said. The employee stayed on the field, taking still pictures, Blumb said.

“As to what he was doing, I couldn’t say,” Blumb said.

Blumb said the Packers did not seize his videotape, and nothing came of the incident. The Packers and the Patriots rarely play each other and there would be little competitive advantage to be gained if the Patriots stole the Packers’ signals."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/11/sp...1patriots.html

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they don't cheat. They have true talent and competent coaching staff, they don't need to cheat. This is going to be a trap game for the Pats. The Packers are going to be mad coming off a loss to Detroit. I hope they take it all out on the Pats. I'm looking forward to this game. We can win this. We have a really good team, if our offense plays where they should be, then Aaron can stand up to Brady any day. Brady is going to meet our D line. CM3, Tramon, resume your path of destruction. Go Packers!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The Bears game screamed trap game for the Pats to me coming off a demolition of their main rival and being on a short week. And look what happened.

I'm not sure the Pats can fall victim to things like "trap games". Belichick won't let them.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears game screamed trap game for the Pats to me coming off a demolition of their main rival and being on a short week. And look what happened.

I'm not sure the Pats can fall victim to things like "trap games". Belichick won't let them.

I think I will be posting this video a couple times.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqErnhihQFQ]YouTube - Tom Brady response to Plax prediction of Giants winning[/ame]

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Devin Mccourty is injured. Status unclear. didnt play in 2nd half

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw that a couple of you guys already looking towards next weekends game so I thought it I would put up this thread.

I am predicting a win. Feel free to call me a homer but this screams trap game for the pats, and they will go against a desperate packers team. Plus the Pats D isnt that good in comparison to the rest of the league, and its bound to bite them in the rear.

Go Pack.

Yup, we have no chance of winning, which is why I agree with you. The O-line learns how to block, Flynn throws no interceptions, the defense rebounds and stops the Pats' offense. Simple.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, we have no chance of winning, which is why I agree with you. The O-line learns how to block, Flynn throws no interceptions, the defense rebounds and stops the Pats' offense. Simple.

Rodgers will start, and the defense is the highest rated in the NFL, give it some credit.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Go Pack.
I do! Don't have to watch it through crappy internet stream! So happy!

In Brazil, we get SNF and MNF every week.

We also always get one or two sunday games, and it varies greatly. But it's almost never the Packers game...

Regarding the game, Packers 24, Pats 23.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we win this one,I won't take any thing from the pats they are good,but I think we are better I know we lost to the lions,but I think M.M didn't want to lay all his cards on the table think we make mush of the Pats,hope CM gets a couple sacks d-line flattens him like a pan cake meaning Brady go pack go

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the pats were losing to the lions at halftime on thanksgiving if anyone remembers.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers must show they have an offense that can play all 4 QUARTERS...None of this slow-start-crap we have been seeing all season...how many scoring drives do we have in our first possession? I don't know for a fact but I bet the # is awfully close to zero! The patriots are a machine this season & Brady is playing out of his mind, OUR D has played very well, but the STEELERS & JETS didn't slow the PATS down...we need to collapse the pocket! CM3 has to get his thumb out of his *** and start smacking QB's down...I'm so F-in disappointed from that loss to the Lions...THIS HAS TO BE A W or you can almost kiss the season GOODBYE!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many people are advising the Packers to not even make the trip to Foxboro.

Just call-in, take the L, and rest up for the Giants and Bears games.
Not only will it allow us some extra rest, it will most likely prevent 2 or 3 more guys from suffering season-ending injuries.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patsies lost to the Browns and Jets. We can win this game if the O-line gets it's five heads out of Campen's butt and Rodgers plays.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patsies lost to the Browns and Jets. We can win this game if the O-line gets it's five heads out of Campen's butt and Rodgers plays.
No, the Patriots are unbeatable. They are in a league of their own.
And Brady never loses at home.

Everyone else is playing for 2nd place this year.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to WIN this game more then anything, need a statement game...a confidence boost after losing to a team who started their THIRD string QB! Defense OLINE SPECIAL TEAMS must PLAY their hearts out! MM has to get this team ready to play, whatever he did to prepare for the JETS when the JETS were rolling like the best team in THE LEAGUE, whatever he did for that week of preparation he must do it again!

SANDMIKE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How does the play-off picture look after the packers loss in Detroit?

Using the interactive playoff machine on espn we see that there are 14 games remaining that could affect the packers chances in the next three weeks. There are lots of scenarios out there but I’ll focus on three key games this week and how the playoff picture will look come Tuesday morning.

PHI @ NYG Noon
GB @ NE Sun Nt
CHI @ MIN Mon Nt

If the packers can win the final three games and finish 11-5 they should qualify as either the division winner or the sixth wildcard. If the bears lose to Min or NYJ we will win the division and could qualify with the 2 seed if the giants beat the eagles this week. Two bears wins drop us to the final wildcard spot unless TB wins their final three games(det,sea,@no), the only way we could stay home at 11-5.

Does anyone think we can beat NE? Me either. So where do we stand after that loss? If the bears lose Monday night to the Vikings we regain control of the division and life is good. If the bears manage to beat the Vikings they clinch the nfc north and our fate will be determined largely by the phi-nyg game. If phi wins believe it or not we still have a realistic shot. We then need only one tampa loss to sneak in at 10-6. If the giants beat philly we will need help.from an underdog or two.

Bottom line: I will be rooting for Phi over the giants Sunday afternoon and a little help from Detroit in Tampa. Hopefully we will see at least one upset in prime time but regardless of all outcomes we will still be alive in week 16.

All scenarios assume GB beats the giants and bears.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This situation reminds me of last year after Tampa beat us, to make our record 4 and 4. Next was the powerful Cowboys, who no one thought we could beat. MM rallied the team, we killed the Cowboys, and went 7 and 1 the rest of the season.

We can play with and beat any team if we play to our potential.

After the season, MM then hires an offensive coach to turn the softie 0-line into madmen.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope we win this one, I'm just down on our offence there so up and down and all year they been slow starters. Plz win this packers, I hope arod plays.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I posted this elsewhere, but I want to make sure she sees it. Please "ilovemypackers", do not accidentally jinx us again. j/k

Members online

Latest posts