Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Jets - 10/31: WIN 9 - 0

jetstream1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all good.

My policy is, you are guests. That doesn't mean you can't trash talk, that doesn't mean you won't defend your colors.

But be polite, like all you Jets fans have been. Come here, introduce yourselves, start with some quality opinions.

THEN, if you want to trash talk, there's an area for it, where everything's valid, except namecalling and personal attacks..

BTW, to all Jets fans, our D isn't only CM3 and Woodson.

Here are 4 players you ought to take a look at:

1) Cullen Jenkins. He didn't play against the Vikes, but he's a monster. 4 sacks in 6 games played, having starting 3, and playing with a cast the whole time. FOR A 3-4 DE! Watch him.

2) Tramon Williams. Our poor man's Darrelle Revis. The tops a WR has achieved with him was Randy Moss last game, with 3 catches, 30 yards and a TD (where Woodson slipped and bumped Williams). That was the only TD he has allowed this season. I don't know why Capers doesn't put him against big guys and keeps on puttng Woodson. He has shut down DeSean Jackson, Devin Hester, Lee Evans. Then Capers put Woodson on Santana Moss and Brandon Marshal... Well, thanks God he got his senses back and put Williams on Moss. I expect him to cover Santonio Holmes.

3) Nick Collins. Well, you should know him. He is the best Safety the Packers had since LeRoy Butler. INCLUDING Darren Sharper. He was a bit of a gambler in 08, 09 he improved, and now he's a leader. He is hitting hard, tackling well, making plays and shutting down. A complete S.

4) Desmond Bishop. He has been Mr. August for the past 3 years, never getting playing time, and when he did, he got burned in coverage for his overly aggressive play. Well, with the loss of Barnett, someone had to step up. It was this guy. He is playing as good as, if not better, than Barnett. He hits hard, he plugs the run well, and he has great hands. It was him who returned the pick 6 last game.

So, what do you say, Jets fans? Who are the unsung heros you guys have that we Packers fans may not know of?

SS Jim Leonhard is so under rated...he is incredibly athletic...a gamer....excellent on special teams.

our entire ST gets little respect and for years they have ALWAYS made big plays....especially Brad Smith in the Jets version of the wild cat

LG David Harris....always around the ball....never says a word.....always tops in the league in tackles

John Conner FB....a rookie this year but is awesome blocking FB and plays well on st

Im aware that the GB secondary is good....but I just think the Jets have so many weapons...Holmes, Edwards, Keller, J-Co...LT, Greene and Brad Smith. In games where the Jet WR are covered well.....Keller has big games. Im curious how good the GB linebackers are in coverage on a TE ( I really dont know)...are they any good

jetstream1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far this season...never have TRUER words been spoken! I think the Ref's should have a 6 game expanded pre-season because so far they've been poo! Maybe they can ref a couple of Arena league games to get up to speed!

I am looking forward to this game quite a bit. Coming off the bye last year the Jets really stunk up the joint for a couple weeks...I'll be interested to see just how focused they are this year...Anyone heard yet who the Pack are starting? I heard they signed a couple players...who's going in the secondary? Probably too early to tell as most teams do not let their hand "show" until Friday when it's mandatory for the injury report. I THINK, other than the possibility of Westerman not playing, the Jets are at FULL strength. We shall see...

And to comment on some of the posts about we Jets fans...I never did understand how another fan can go to another teams board only to Troll...disrespectful etc... Heck, the good natured bantering is what half the game is all about. Why have Fans if they can't debate. But I feel you on Trolls...go to the Jets board the week of a Dolphins or Pats game...oh they are out in full force! Good luck this weekend...you're gonna need it. <---------- had to get a lil' shot in there. ;) he he he he he:Heristical:

Yep...It's crazy how bad some of the trolls are....Dolphin fans are the worst. But im sure, like here....its fun to keep them around a bit and own them....but the Bengal fans are prob just as bad as the fin fans

jetstream1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way to throw him under the bus...then pick him back up from under it. Poor Man's Revis? Puhleez. the man has been outplaying revis at every juncture this year, and is on par if not better than revis was last year.

Dont base anything on Revis' performance this year...he was a selfish baby...held out...was not in game shape...and has been hurt for 7 weeks. Last week was his best game of the season...and with the bye...he is supposedly at 100 %. If so, from what I saw last year...he is the best CB in the league. I have never seen your CB so i can't compare....If he is that good...I'll guess he's going to cover Holmes...possibly Edwards depending on his height. Edwards is a big dude

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[/COLOR]

SS Jim Leonhard is so under rated...he is incredibly athletic...a gamer....excellent on special teams.

our entire ST gets little respect and for years they have ALWAYS made big plays....especially Brad Smith in the Jets version of the wild cat

LG David Harris....always around the ball....never says a word.....always tops in the league in tackles

John Conner FB....a rookie this year but is awesome blocking FB and plays well on st

Im aware that the GB secondary is good....but I just think the Jets have so many weapons...Holmes, Edwards, Keller, J-Co...LT, Greene and Brad Smith. In games where the Jet WR are covered well.....Keller has big games. Im curious how good the GB linebackers are in coverage on a TE ( I really dont know)...are they any good
They were AWFUL, until last 2 or 3 games. Hawk and Bishop are covering very well (WHAT??).

Our secondary is good man. Really good. Woodson and Williams might be the best tandem in the league, though Woodson isn't playing as well as last year. In fact, a lot will argue that Williams is the best corner in the team right now.

We have an undrafted rookie, who was brought in just for his speed (4.2), and to try to return kicks. He was a complete failure. Then he played CB at family night, and he was lights out. Played preseason and was lights out. He has started at nickel when healhty, he had his rookie slumps, but he has been phenomenal. Comparing him to Kyle Wilson, it's not even close. That's not to say he's gonna be a better CB, but right now he is. And you all know Al Harris, if he's back.

Our problem is the SS. We had Morgan Burnett, the rookie, but he went out. And the starter Bigby is still out. We have been playing Charlie Peprah, but he's a liability 1on1, though he's a hard hitter and sure tackler.

As much as the secondary was the main reason we lost games last year, the secondary, IMHO, is the sole reason we've been in every game, and haven't lost a game by more than 3 points. It's them who are keeping us in the game (and the pass rush, CM3 and Jenkins), not the offense.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK...here's the checklist
1. The Packers beat themselves 3 times so far (Bret's first team)
2. The Packers just beat the Vikings for the first time since Bret signed with them
3. The Packers will be beating Bret's previous team this weekend.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont base anything on Revis' performance this year...he was a selfish baby...held out...was not in game shape...and has been hurt for 7 weeks. Last week was his best game of the season...and with the bye...he is supposedly at 100 %. If so, from what I saw last year...he is the best CB in the league. I have never seen your CB so i can't compare....If he is that good...I'll guess he's going to cover Holmes...possibly Edwards depending on his height. Edwards is a big dude
I have no idea why, but Capers has been putting Woodson on the bigger dudes, and Williams on the speedier ones.

This has failed so far, so Capers put Tramon against Moss. Like I said, 3 catches for 30 yards and a TD, but the TD catch was a fluke play where it was Woodson's fault.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8emnwSbZwHM]YouTube - Vikings vs Packers Highlights 2010 (week 7)[/ame]
(3.06 mark)

jetsknicks1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget, our line is gonna need to hold up for ARod. The Jets have a good pass rush.

I really think our pass rush is a bit overated. We don't get much pressure on the QB unless we blitz and against a good QB like Rogers, we're gonna need to make him uncomfortable in the pocket and make him rush his throws. The problem with doin that with the blitz, is that it leaves our safetys & LBs in man coverage, which could be a problem.

jetstream1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were AWFUL, until last 2 or 3 games. Hawk and Bishop are covering very well (WHAT??).

Our secondary is good man. Really good. Woodson and Williams might be the best tandem in the league, though Woodson isn't playing as well as last year. In fact, a lot will argue that Williams is the best corner in the team right now.

We have an undrafted rookie, who was brought in just for his speed (4.2), and to try to return kicks. He was a complete failure. Then he played CB at family night, and he was lights out. Played preseason and was lights out. He has started at nickel when healhty, he had his rookie slumps, but he has been phenomenal. Comparing him to Kyle Wilson, it's not even close. That's not to say he's gonna be a better CB, but right now he is. And you all know Al Harris, if he's back.

Our problem is the SS. We had Morgan Burnett, the rookie, but he went out. And the starter Bigby is still out. We have been playing Charlie Peprah, but he's a liability 1on1, though he's a hard hitter and sure tackler.

As much as the secondary was the main reason we lost games last year, the secondary, IMHO, is the sole reason we've been in every game, and haven't lost a game by more than 3 points. It's them who are keeping us in the game (and the pass rush, CM3 and Jenkins), not the offense.

Jetnation is not pleased with Wilson's performance...he is lost when he is out their....always with his back to the QB.....I really think the Jets will be run heavy in this game and should be able to run effectively. The GB rush attack is not very good and it's up against the #2 run defense....but you do have Rodgers who is tough to contain

jetsknicks1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those trolls you are talking about... do they happen to be Viking fans? :happy0005:

I welcome those of you who are Jets fans. I wish your team sucked, but it doesn't and this means that my team has to play extremely well to have a chance in your stadium. Cannot wait until game time. The fridge is already stocked with my favorite brew.

Also, here is something I am sure we can all agree on:

I hope the referees call a fair and balanced game while keeping their heads out of their behinds!

Amen brother! Is it just me or have there been some really bad officiated games this season?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think our pass rush is a bit overated. We don't get much pressure on the QB unless we blitz and against a good QB like Rogers, we're gonna need to make him uncomfortable in the pocket and make him rush his throws. The problem with doin that with the blitz, is that it leaves our safetys & LBs in man coverage, which could be a problem.
The loss of Cullen's big brother has really hurt you, right? Because last year you didn't have a LB with double digit sacks, so I conclude that it's the DL who brings in more pressure...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, just wanted to say, maybe thanks to Kissing Suzy Kolber, I love your coach. I hated his guts last year, for talking **** about Woodson (to which he later came to his senses), but now I love him and root for you!

NYJET624

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Revis having a huge impact? He wont even be the best cover corner in the stadium come sunday. tramon williams holds that honor. yes revis is one of the best, but THIS season, tramon is the best of the best, and he's doing it under the radar. he held randy moss (who he covered almost exclusively) to 30 yards receiving on 3 catches, and while favre is not brady, thats still saying alot comparing him to what we've seen this year. the TD he 'gave up' to moss was on the cheap little pick play harvin ran where he ran over woodson blocking tramons path.

Poor Man's Revis? Puhleez. the man has been outplaying revis at every juncture this year, and is on par if not better than revis was last year.

I know Williams has been great this season, but he is no Darrelle Revis.

Revis' first game this season he allowed 0 catches after missing all of TC/Preseason.

His 2nd game he allowed that highlight reel TD to Moss after injuring his Hammy.

He missed some games, came agaisnt Minnesota...allowed 0 catches through 3 quarters, then fatigue hit him and he allowed some completions to Harvin.

Against Denver, he wasn't 100% yet, but was LIGHTS OUT. He allowed 3 catches (2 if Rex challenged one), and they were crazy throws by Orton.

It is now reported he is 100%.

Like I said, Truman Williams has been awesome this season. When you look at the season as a whole, then sure, he's better...simply because he's been healthy and played more.

To say he's on pace to have a better season than Revis was last year is just silly, Revis had arguably the greatest season a corner has ever had, in man coverage every game, all game, against the best WRs in the league week in and week out.

Revis is 25 years old, great corners don't just forget how to cover...now that he's healthy expect him to be back.

Your QB just said this btw...

"BobGlauber Bob Glauber
Aaron Rodgers calls Darrelle Revis-Antonio Cromartie the best 1-2 cornerback combo in the league."

NYJET624

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also want to just state that there is a misconception on most opposing team's fans that the Jets HAVE to blitz a lot because they can't generate pressure without doing so.

In a 3-4 defense, you don't expect your linemen to put up sacks, they are just eating blockers up. (I'm sure you all know this, I'm just saying)

Rex's defense is built from the back to the front....the reason we blitz so much is because of his confidence in the secondary (Revis, Cro, etc...) to hold their own without any help.

His defense is built to blitz....Bart Scott had a great quote last year "We don't blitz because we have too, we blitz because we want too."

Also, I wouldn't look at sacks to determine how effective our pressure is...we force a lot of QBs to quick throws because of our pressure. (A reason why we lead the league in opposing QB's completion % by a large margin.)

That being said....it still wouldn't hurt to have an elite pass rusher like Matthews on this team.

The only thing that can stop Clay Matthews is when he finally gets busted for PEDs (I kid....kind of :icon_rolleyes:)

Mezzavo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all good.

My policy is, you are guests. That doesn't mean you can't trash talk, that doesn't mean you won't defend your colors.

But be polite, like all you Jets fans have been. Come here, introduce yourselves, start with some quality opinions.

THEN, if you want to trash talk, there's an area for it, where everything's valid, except namecalling and personal attacks..

BTW, to all Jets fans, our D isn't only CM3 and Woodson.

Here are 4 players you ought to take a look at:

1) Cullen Jenkins. He didn't play against the Vikes, but he's a monster. 4 sacks in 6 games played, having starting 3, and playing with a cast the whole time. FOR A 3-4 DE! Watch him.

2) Tramon Williams. Our poor man's Darrelle Revis. The tops a WR has achieved with him was Randy Moss last game, with 3 catches, 30 yards and a TD (where Woodson slipped and bumped Williams). That was the only TD he has allowed this season. I don't know why Capers doesn't put him against big guys and keeps on puttng Woodson. He has shut down DeSean Jackson, Devin Hester, Lee Evans. Then Capers put Woodson on Santana Moss and Brandon Marshal... Well, thanks God he got his senses back and put Williams on Moss. I expect him to cover Santonio Holmes.

3) Nick Collins. Well, you should know him. He is the best Safety the Packers had since LeRoy Butler. INCLUDING Darren Sharper. He was a bit of a gambler in 08, 09 he improved, and now he's a leader. He is hitting hard, tackling well, making plays and shutting down. A complete S.

4) Desmond Bishop. He has been Mr. August for the past 3 years, never getting playing time, and when he did, he got burned in coverage for his overly aggressive play. Well, with the loss of Barnett, someone had to step up. It was this guy. He is playing as good as, if not better, than Barnett. He hits hard, he plugs the run well, and he has great hands. It was him who returned the pick 6 last game.

So, what do you say, Jets fans? Who are the unsung heros you guys have that we Packers fans may not know of?

I saw some other Jet's fan postings so I'm going to add a couple more....

1. James Ihedigbo = This guy hits like a truck and has some ball skills. He is basically a line backer playing at safety. He can cause some havoc.

2. A lot of Jets fans will kind of throw Kyle Wilson, our rookie CB, under the bus...but I don't see it...in is current position now. He had to play a bit of starting CB due to Revis' situation and it showed. But, as a nickle and dime back he has been pretty good...and I suspect he will get better. One thing there will not be, though, is YAC. He hits you as soon as there is a catch made.

3. David Harris - it was mentioned earlier but demands a repeat. You want to talk about unsung? This guy is the epitome of it. I'll give you Clay Matthews and take David Harris over the rest of your ENTIRE linebacking corps...that's right you heard me. He is a 4 down...whistle to whistle, tackling and covering machine. M A Chine babyyyy!!

4. Some Jets fans may call me out on this one too...but only because of where he was drafted. But I also add Bryan Thomas, our outside LB...moderately underrated. Rex has this guy playing at a level that he should have gotten to naturally...but hey, some need coaching up. This guy is solid as well...

I haven't even gotten to the backups...of which we have a few that would start on most teams. But, and I saw it mentioned, again, before I will close with this guy...probably the most underrated guy in all of the AFC.

BRAD SMITH - Don't go to sleep on him Pack fans...if you do he will kill you either in the return game, the run game or the passing game. You all should know him well from his Missouri days...or at least heard of him. In my opinion the single most valuable player on the Jets because if he goes down so many different things are impacted. Mark my words...if you don't stop him he'll be good for at LEAST a single TD and possibly 2 from some/anywhere on the field.

Cheers!!!

NYJET624

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll give 4 key role players as well.

1.) DL Mike Devito/Sione Pouha - Pouha has done an unbelievable job in filling for Jenkins for the 2nd straight year, and Devito has been a very nice surprise as well. They both started to show signs last season...and earned their starting DE/NT roles this year. They are elite in run stuffing, and great at occupying blockers. Pouha can't get penetration like Jenkins did, and Devito doesn't have the physical talent to be dominant, but they are both great anchors in this defense.

2.) CB Drew Coleman - This guy used to be a punchline for Jets fans. He was that bad....but somehow, this season...he completely turned his game around. He passed Kyle Wilson for our Nickel role and has been great. He even started a couple times when Revis was out, and held his own. He's a little undersized, but very physical and fast...expect him to be on Jones/Nelson.

3.) MLB David Harris - He is a star, but he's so unsung I'll add him to this list. I don't need to say more, as others mentioned him....but NO ONE talks about him. Pro-Bowl means nothing to me, but it was sickening how he gets no recognition in things like that. He made 2nd Team All-Pro last year, in his 3rd year (2nd healthy one). He's a quiet guy, but just plain violent on the football field.

4.) Brad Smith - Our STer/QB/RB/WR/TE/FB/Singlewing QB will be used all over the place. He has returned a kick for a TD, caught one, ran one, and passed for one within the past year. Amazing ST gunner, and great kick returner. Expect to see him maybe 5 times running the option/singlewing/tiger/seminole. (we get insulted when it's called the wildcat, stupid dolphins fans thinking they invented that....)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You lead the league in QB percentage, we are 5th in QB rating.
Just sayin...

About Rodgers saying Cromartie-Revis, well, he's about to face them. He's not exactly wrong, I'm just saying there's reason for him to say it...

About Matthews and PEDs, he didn't come from New Jersey, like the other kid. Yeah, I said it.

Anyway, we've just had ANOTHER guy going to IR (Brad Jones LB), and we've adquired an ex-Jet in DT Howard Green. Any word on him?

NYJET624

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You lead the league in QB percentage, we are 5th in QB rating.
Just sayin...

About Rodgers saying Cromartie-Revis, well, he's about to face them. He's not exactly wrong, I'm just saying there's reason for him to say it...

About Matthews and PEDs, he didn't come from New Jersey, like the other kid. Yeah, I said it.

Anyway, we've just had ANOTHER guy going to IR (Brad Jones LB), and we've adquired an ex-Jet in DT Howard Green. Any word on him?

Howard Green is nothing spectacular, but he's solid. He is just a big body that can eat up blockers, he won't get much penetration.

The Jets waived him a couple days ago to activate DL Jarron Gilbert from their PS.

Green has been cut 3 times this season now, he is a solid player and played a role in last year's success...but he is what he is, an older role player at best.

Some gamesmanship is definitely involved in that claim, but with your injuries I think he may be a little more useful than that.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shout outs to all the Jets fans up in here! I'm really impressed with you guys, you offer an unique perspective, a very valuable one. It makes us see things from an objective point of view, which we might not of seen. Just makes me sad one of us is gonna be unhappy this Sunday. Now it doesn't make me want to like the Jets but I can still like and have great respect for their fans, right?!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully our O-Line can play lights out again in pass protection like they did against the Queens.

I'd like to hope so but the Jets are a totally different team. They don't have the same problems (virtually non-existent secondary) as the Vikings did. Surely they played very well against the Vikings, excellent pass protection, no sacks on Rogers, etc. But we can't expect the same from the Jets.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2. A lot of Jets fans will kind of throw Kyle Wilson, our rookie CB, under the bus...but I don't see it...in is current position now. He had to play a bit of starting CB due to Revis' situation and it showed. But, as a nickle and dime back he has been pretty good...and I suspect he will get better. One thing there will not be, though, is YAC. He hits you as soon as there is a catch made.

Cheers!!!
Havent heard of the others, but heard of this guy, and he's pretty good, itll be interesting to see how he fares against Jones whos just huge and physical or nelson whos the speedster, theyll be mixing it up.

Id say we have a counterpart on D in sam shields. the kid is raw (cliche i know) but he's shown improvements every week to the point where he isnt getting picked on at all. like clay matthews hes so insanely fast that even a misstep can be fixed before it matters..~ 4.3 speed in pads i think

NYJET624

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Havent heard of the others, but heard of this guy, and he's pretty good, itll be interesting to see how he fares against Jones whos just huge and physical or nelson whos the speedster, theyll be mixing it up.

Id say we have a counterpart on D in sam shields. the kid is raw (cliche i know) but he's shown improvements every week to the point where he isnt getting picked on at all. like clay matthews hes so insanely fast that even a misstep can be fixed before it matters..~ 4.3 speed in pads i think

Drew Coleman has been the Jets Nickel CB the last few weeks..he earned his way into that spot.

Kyle Wilson has great talent, and coverage ability, he just hasn't translated his ball skills to the NFL yet...he's coming along but is our 4th CB now.

Coleman should be the one matched up on Jones..he's a little undersized but very physical and fast.

EauClaire_Jetfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Ladies and Gentleman. I am not here to talk trash or ruffle feathers however I would like to state what I think the Jets stregths and weakness are.

I have read a few posts and most are fairly acurate but let me elaborate if I may. Sanchez is a young (23) guy who can play either lights out or poorly. Example would be he played great against the Pats, Bills and poorly against the Broncos and Ravens. I believe this is the doing of the OC. He sometimes out smarts himself. Mark is mobile and can throw on the run as well.

Our running game can be dominant when we stick to it but we tend to give up to quickly on it. Shaun Greene and LT are the real deal. We have Richardson and The Terminator lead blocking and a strong O-line to lead the way.

Recievers we are stacked with a SB MVP in Holmes also Edwards, Keller and Cotchery are have been playing solid. The problem there is Sanchez is spotty. Basicly the offense comes down to how Sanchez plays.

The defense has been a little bit of a disappointment but we have had our fair share of injuries. Jenkins our ProBowl DT is out for the year, Pace Revis Pool Have all missed games but are now healthy and Ellis Taylor have been playing with injuries as well.
The defense has unbelievable potential but has not lived up to the performance of last year.

Special teams We are a little above average from a player perspective but have Westhoff one of the best ST coach's in the game.

My take on the game will be it will be a close game that can go either way. I am not taking this game lightly. The Packers were widely predicted as a SB contender and still are in some circles. My Wife is a Packers fan and as you can imagine we will be watching in seperate houses this weekend. Good luck but not to much.

Members online

Latest posts