Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Jets - 10/31: WIN 9 - 0

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 of our best players have something to motivate them for this game.

Rodgers hasnt played a great game yet (maybe buffalo), in fact his 2 ints almost lost the vikes game for us. Compared to last year he is playing terrible. Rodgers could single handedly win the game for us if he is having an All Pro day.

Woodson has a bone to pick with the jets. Rex bashed him for winning the DPOY award and didnt give him the credit he deserves. Also just like Rodgers, Woodson has yet to out together any amazing games compared to last year.

If both players are on we can win.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I have a good feeling about this game idk I just feel it in my heart. I hope it's the right feeling I think we will beat them in a phase that noone will think will happen like a special team play or a trick play or something. Call me crazy I just have that feeling.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Honestly I have a good feeling about this game idk I just feel it in my heart. I hope it's the right feeling I think we will beat them in a phase that noone will think will happen like a special team play or a trick play or something. Call me crazy I just have that feeling.

Ok, you're crazy! :pardon:

Destructo-Jet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HI all, Jets fan here.

Looks like you are all under-estimating Sanchez and over-estimating the Jets pass rush.

Sanchez may have had the ugly numbers last year, but since the end of last year's regular season he has been an above average quarterback. He rarely makes stupid mistakes and his accuracy for the most part has been very good, especially considering he is only in his third year of football after high school. His improvement has been tremendous. Obviously the Jets are loaded with wrs, te, and running backs and although the OL is often heralded as one of the best in the league, I'd say pass protection could be a little better. Packers appear to be very aggressive here, although I can't keep track of who you have on the field week by week

The Jets have been getting burned on third and long all year. Rex sends the whole cavalry and more often than not they've been getting locked up at the line, even against teams with ol's that are supposedly suspect like Denver's. Flacco, Henne, Orton, Favre all lit it up on third and long, I don't see any reason why Rogers can't do the same. I think you'll have a hard time running it.

I'll pick the Jets because they're at home but wouldn't be surprised to see the Pack eek one out.

Like all Jets fans, I feel like this team hasn't hit on all gears yet. Revis has yet to be healthy, their best pass rusher has been back for one game, same with Santonio Holmes.

The Jets DL won't scare anyone but they are solid. I'd say they are the main reason the Jets defense isn't more scary.

Other than the DL, the Jets team is really loaded. There isn't a weakness anywhere, although some of you may disagree about Sanchez.

I expect a great game and hope you guys don't lose any more guys. Good luck.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hey mark it down, I have a good feeling about this game. If we win I want to see your sorry after game.

Good deal. Now I'll have to give a mea culpa to you and Kitten after the game, IF we win. Anybody else think I'll have to give them an apology after the game? Of course, I'll expect the favor returned when I'm proven correct about my poor pessimisstic predilection.:taunt:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good deal. Now I'll have to give a mea culpa to you and Kitten after the game, IF we win. Anybody else think I'll have to give them an apology after the game? Of course, I'll expect the favor returned when I'm proven correct about my poor pessimisstic predilection.:taunt:

Oh no, you don't have to apologize to us! But you should make apologies to the team!!!

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HI all, Jets fan here.

Wow......after having some of the Vikings fans pop in and talk smack, and to have you say some of the things you have said, I am glad a football fan/Jet fan showed class. We appreciate it. As far as the game goes I just started looking at our stats versus Jets stats and neither one has anything dominating that stands out in my opinion. I know stats don't mean a whole hell of alot at times but we all know turnovers make a huge difference. That and 3rd down coversions. The team that leads those 2 categories usually wins. It wouldn't hurt us a bit to have the special teams play a good game also!!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
HI all, Jets fan here.

Looks like you are all under-estimating Sanchez and over-estimating the Jets pass rush.

Sanchez may have had the ugly numbers last year, but since the end of last year's regular season he has been an above average quarterback. He rarely makes stupid mistakes and his accuracy for the most part has been very good, especially considering he is only in his third year of football after high school. His improvement has been tremendous. Obviously the Jets are loaded with wrs, te, and running backs and although the OL is often heralded as one of the best in the league, I'd say pass protection could be a little better. Packers appear to be very aggressive here, although I can't keep track of who you have on the field week by week

The Jets have been getting burned on third and long all year. Rex sends the whole cavalry and more often than not they've been getting locked up at the line, even against teams with ol's that are supposedly suspect like Denver's. Flacco, Henne, Orton, Favre all lit it up on third and long, I don't see any reason why Rogers can't do the same. I think you'll have a hard time running it.

I'll pick the Jets because they're at home but wouldn't be surprised to see the Pack eek one out.

Like all Jets fans, I feel like this team hasn't hit on all gears yet. Revis has yet to be healthy, their best pass rusher has been back for one game, same with Santonio Holmes.

The Jets DL won't scare anyone but they are solid. I'd say they are the main reason the Jets defense isn't more scary.

Other than the DL, the Jets team is really loaded. There isn't a weakness anywhere, although some of you may disagree about Sanchez.

((((Hugs)))) You made me hug a Jets fan!!! Nice post, it's good to see some fans from other teams that are nice like you are! Good luck to your team too, I don't think anyone can deny that this is going to be a good game!!!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Wow......after having some of the Vikings fans pop in and talk smack, and to have you say some of the things you have said, I am glad a football fan/Jet fan showed class. We appreciate it. As far as the game goes I just started looking at our stats versus Jets stats and neither one has anything dominating that stands out in my opinion. I know stats don't mean a whole hell of alot at times but we all know turnovers make a huge difference. That and 3rd down coversions. The team that leads those 2 categories usually wins. It wouldn't hurt us a bit to have the special teams play a good game also!!!!

I'm not really talking smack. I'm just trying to be realistic. I think my euphoria over the Vikings win is tempered by the memory of a team that lost a couple games leading up to the Vikings. I think the Jets are a darn good team. Plus, I think the top 5 teams in the AFC are a notch above the top 5 teams in the NFC.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the input Jets fans! Glad to have you guys in here!

I see it as an awfully though, but winnable game (I see them all as winnables, even with the injuries, as long as we have Rodgers on O and Matthews on D).

If we take Sanchez as a given, we're gonna lose.

However, I believe that if we account for him (A.k.a. do not fully commit to the run) he's gonna struggle, like every QB has so far against us.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
T

However, I believe that if we account for him (A.k.a. do not fully commit to the run) he's gonna struggle, like every QB has so far against us.

Do you mean like Michael Vick, Jay Cutler, Shaun Hill, Donovan McNabb and Chad Henne had trouble? Again, I like your optimism, but you guys are seeing something in our patch work secondary that I'm just not seeing. When QBs are throwing for two or three hundred yards against us or they are throwing a couple of TDs against us, I don't consider that struggling. How about the Favre to Moss touchdown the other night? Didn't anyone think that was waaayyyy too easy?

jetstream1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
((((Hugs)))) You made me hug a Jets fan!!! Nice post, it's good to see some fans from other teams that are nice like you are! Good luck to your team too, I don't think anyone can deny that this is going to be a good game!!!

There are some of us good and intelligent Jet fans....Nothing wrong with some smack talk though.....looking forward to a good game....and 3 picks by revis

jetstream1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you mean like Michael Vick, Jay Cutler, Shaun Hill, Donovan McNabb and Chad Henne had trouble? Again, I like your optimism, but you guys are seeing something in our patch work secondary that I'm just not seeing. When QBs are throwing for two or three hundred yards against us or they are throwing a couple of TDs against us, I don't consider that struggling. How about the Favre to Moss touchdown the other night? Didn't anyone think that was waaayyyy too easy?

i agree......the GB secondary is NOT as good as some GB fans think....your secondary is made to look better because of the pressure up front provided by Matthews and company.....but when a QB has time against you....they usually have good days

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatchootalkingbout Lewis?

PHI:
Kolb: 5/10 for 24 yards - 56.25 rating
Vick: 16/24 175 and 1 TD - 101.9 rating

BUF:
Edwards: 11/18 for 102 yards 2 ints - 37.3 rating

CHI:
Cutler: 16/27 for 221 1 td 1 int - 82.48 rating

DET:
Hill: 34/54 for 331 2 td 2 int - 77 rating

WAS:
McNabb: 26/49 357 1 td 1 int - 74.95 rating

MIA:
Henne: 23/39 231 2 td 1 int - 82.31 rating

MIN:
Favre: 16/29 212 1 td 3 int - 50.43 rating

---------------------

Only Vick had a good rating. The rest were average to poor. And Vick wasn't gameplanned for.

So, again, whatchootalkingbout Lewis??????????

We're 5th in the league in opposing QB rating, no QB has thrown more than 2 tds against us, so...

Well, point made.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree......the GB secondary is NOT as good as some GB fans think....your secondary is made to look better because of the pressure up front provided by Matthews and company.....but when a QB has time against you....they usually have good days
When any qb in the league has time they have good days...

Don't look past Wilson and Cromartie when talking about secondaries. Specially Kyle Wilson.

Destructo-Jet

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I've only seen a a couple Packers games this year, they appear to have a very aggressive pass rush, although again I'm not sure who you have left. If you try that too often you're going to see LT and Shon Greene scurrying down field. This is certainly a game the Jets will want to control on the ground and eat clock to keep the ball out of Rogers' hands. Expect short passes to LT and Keller when the Packers try to bring pressure from the side.

I suspect the Packers will be able to contain Sanchez in the pocket though, he's at his best when he rolls out
and gets time. I don't anticipate that.

Stop the run and you have a great chance. It won't be easy.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Whatchootalkingbout Lewis?

PHI:
Kolb: 5/10 for 24 yards - 56.25 rating
Vick: 16/24 175 and 1 TD - 101.9 rating

BUF:
Edwards: 11/18 for 102 yards 2 ints - 37.3 rating

CHI:
Cutler: 16/27 for 221 1 td 1 int - 82.48 rating

DET:
Hill: 34/54 for 331 2 td 2 int - 77 rating

WAS:
McNabb: 26/49 357 1 td 1 int - 74.95 rating

MIA:
Henne: 23/39 231 2 td 1 int - 82.31 rating

MIN:
Favre: 16/29 212 1 td 3 int - 50.43 rating

---------------------

Only Vick had a good rating. The rest were average to poor. And Vick wasn't gameplanned for.

So, again, whatchootalkingbout Lewis??????????

We're 5th in the league in opposing QB rating, no QB has thrown more than 2 tds against us, so...

Well, point made.

This means opposing QBs are averaging about 236 yards per game and at least one touchdown per game. Also notice how those numbers were affected by injuries after the first couple of games. According to NFL.com we are 14th in the league against passing, not 5th.

I'm listening to you guys, and hope to catch some of your optimism. Like I said, my son is screaming bloody murder because I don't think the Pack will win every game this year, including this one. I guess we'll see if you guys can cheer me up.

jetstream1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When any qb in the league has time they have good days...

Don't look past Wilson and Cromartie when talking about secondaries. Specially Kyle Wilson.

Wilson has definately been a disappointment this season...there are no sane Jet fans that would argue that...but Cromartie has been excellent and Revis should be back to 100 %....Those two should be able to handle Driver and Jennings.....the GB tight end has poor numbers so far.....and although I AM NOT comparing Rodgers to Sanchez.....Rodgers' numbers are not much greater than Sanchez. He has 700 more passing yards,,,,but also 60 more pass attempts...and the jets are a run 1st team

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ill be there, first packers game for me.

with that said, i really really really hope they win. but im not very confident in them pulling this one off.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've only seen a a couple Packers games this year, they appear to have a very aggressive pass rush, although again I'm not sure who you have left. If you try that too often you're going to see LT and Shon Greene scurrying down field. This is certainly a game the Jets will want to control on the ground and eat clock to keep the ball out of Rogers' hands. Expect short passes to LT and Keller when the Packers try to bring pressure from the side.

I suspect the Packers will be able to contain Sanchez in the pocket though, he's at his best when he rolls out
and gets time. I don't anticipate that.

Stop the run and you have a great chance. It won't be easy.
Last year we were GREAT against the run. But this year, with such thin personel at the DL, and commiting more to the pass (after being embarassed by veteran QBs), we're struggling a bit.

Still, we kept Peterson, who is having the best season of RBs so far (when you take all into account, yards, tds, ypc and fumbles), to 4.5 average and 1 td in 28 carries.

Our run D stats is VERY misleading, considering that we've been absolutely GASHED by SCRAMBLING QBs, not so much RBs. Vick had close to 100 yards, Shaun Hill had also, so did Cutler.

Only Peterson had 100 yards against us so far. Though MIA and BUF had combined yards over 100. But no team had more than 1 rushing TDs against us.

Again, it all depends on who's playing. If we get Pickett and Jenkins back, which we probably will (though someone ought to get injuried by then, it's happening every week), then I don't worry that much about stopping the run. If not, if Wilson and Wynn are forced to play the majority of snaps, it could be a long game. Both those guys are very raw. They're actually very good at pass rushing, but they can struggle against the run...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This means opposing QBs are averaging about 236 yards per game and at least one touchdown per game. Also notice how those numbers were affected by injuries after the first couple of games. According to NFL.com we are 14th in the league against passing, not 5th.

I'm listening to you guys, and hope to catch some of your optimism. Like I said, my son is screaming bloody murder because I don't think the Pack will win every game this year, including this one. I guess we'll see if you guys can cheer me up.
14th in passing yards. Passing yards doesn't mean crap, not when opposing QBs can't score against you and they keep turning the ball over.

Passer rating is the most significant stat. And we're GREAT at that.

Even without considering INTs, 214 (not 236) yards and 1,14 td per game is solid pass D. Then you add 1,4 ints per game, and 58.8% completion, and it's a great pass D.

Again, we've suffered 8 passing TDs, and generated 10 INTs.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson has definately been a disappointment this season...there are no sane Jet fans that would argue that...but Cromartie has been excellent and Revis should be back to 100 %....Those two should be able to handle Driver and Jennings.....the GB tight end has poor numbers so far.....and although I AM NOT comparing Rodgers to Sanchez.....Rodgers' numbers are not much greater than Sanchez. He has 700 more passing yards,,,,but also 60 more pass attempts...and the jets are a run 1st team
Yeah, Cromartie hasn't been bad. Don't know the stats, the primetime games I've seen he hasn't been nothing spetacular though.

Rodgers hasn't been good. Not at all. He has looked scared of the rush in the pocket, and that has led to awful throws and sacks. There also has been a huge case of drops on our team, and miscomunications.

All in all, the O has looked AWFUL, specially on 3rd downs.

Finley doesn't have great numbers because he's on IR. We have 9 players on IR so far, Grant and Finley being 2 of them.

However, we have a 5th rounder in Quarless who's really coming along. He has struggled mightly early on, but has picked up the pace lately.

Rodgers last game was poised in the pocket, and the OL did a GREAT job finally. If they kan keep up, then I expect a win. If not, if Rodgers looks scared again, no way we win...

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think revis will hold Jennings cause Jennings will stretch revis hammy to the max. He probably be on driver or jones. I'm excited about this game. I think thisgame will tell where the pack is on the so. Aloes power rankings.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry i have to be pessimistic as well but we get our ***** handed to us this week if our dl doesnt get healthy and al doesnt come back.. not sure if i feel too comfy with bush or shields on cotchery

Latest posts