1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Jets - 10/31: WIN 9 - 0

Discussion in 'Game Day Archive' started by ivo610, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317 / 0 / -0
    I think all around the receivers in the whole game were crummy.

I still don't understand why Shotty kept calling passes to Cotchery. The guy clearly was having an off day.
  2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,388 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    If anyone cares there is supposed to be an interview/ update with Favre coming up on Fox. Just can't keep his jaw shut can they? He's like the energizer bunny, he keeps going and going.
  3. NYJET624

NYJET624 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Schotty likes to do what you wouldn't expect, even when it makes no sense.

It usually doesn't work.
  4. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -0
    Hey croak it's all love buddy, I will lead you to the light. Lol
  5. jetstream1066

jetstream1066 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    once again the officials made horrible calls that could have changed the game (The int on Keller was a joke) HOWEVER.....if you have to rely on the officials to call a good game because your game plan stunk...your guys had a lot of drops...your QB was off...your off. coordinator made dumb calls....then you deserve to get beat....The GB def is better than I had thought and their coverage was very good...thanks for the hospitality GB fans...congrats
  6. NYJET624

NYJET624 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't care how injured the other team is, you're not going to win a game when you fumble the ball, get 2 interceptions...from strips(?), have 6 timely dropped passes, and terrible play calling.

Jets won almost every category statistically except turnovers, penalties, and final score.

those are the ones that matter most...we didn't deserve the win.
  7. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +265 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    thanks for the compliments, still a nail biter, came down to execution of SPECIAL TEAMS & DEFENSE...didn't expect us to beat the JETS in those categories...great game, you guys gotta lot to look forward to like Detroit & Cleveland...

I betcha the PACK is partying it up somewhere in NYC, man I wish I could go hang with them

[​IMG]
  8. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +578 / 31 / -20
    I'm so proud of my team today. The defense was unbelievable. Tramon Williams looks like an All-Pro corner. Clay Matthews is relentless. Howard Green looks like just what the defense needed, a healthy, gigantic defensive lineman. Charlie Peprah was bringing the wood and jarring balls loose. AJ Hawk looked great today.

There were no letdowns or miscues. The Packers had no costly penalties. McCarthy actually won challenges and called the right plays.

I believe this game sealed the division for the Packers. I couldn't be happier on a Sunday.
    • Like Like x 4
  9. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +265 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:

You and me both...the game ended almost 5 hours ago and I'm still excited about it...what a victory...what an EFFORT...you see guys, we can win without trading for RB's...but I will take an experienced DEFENSIVE LINEMAN that can contribute day 1...how bad is Lynch right now...pretty bad
  10. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the Green side of the force my friend!

Yeah, I told you not to worry. Last year I def drank the cool aid with our D. But this year I tried my best to analyze things fairly, and I just saw a much more committed team.

You can definitely see that pass rush and coverage against spread and bunch looks were BIG, BIG emphasis during the offseason.

And it is paying off.

Too bad our O is nowhere to be found. But like I said, the Packers have NEVER played a full game under MM. This time, D and ST were off charts, but the O was awful...
  11. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,388 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    It's wonderful to come in here and find a bunch of happy Pack fans!!! We have a lot to be happy about right now, I think our season is turning around and it's only going to get better! Happy tails to you!!! We are all purring again! :happy0005:
  12. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +578 / 31 / -20
    I would have liked to have added a RB, but the TEAM looked so good today I just want everyone to say healthy. The effort and intensity was off the charts.

HUGE WIN!
  13. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +578 / 31 / -20
    I love the signature: "Reports of our demise have been greatly exaggerated."

:Bananas2::Bananas:
  14. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,388 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Thanks! I'm even more happy it turned out to be true! I think I put that on there pre Vikings game!

Some love to Mark Twain for helping!
  15. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +577 / 1 / -0
    The Ref's gift wrapped two ints for us. But, after the way the Packers got hosed against the Vikes in 09, we deserve about 20 more of those.

I'll go ahead and say Lombardi would be pleased to see this team claw it's way back from so many injuries and two close OT game losses. They didn't quit as a team and I think they have finally become a team on D at least. It's like the D has finally sync'd up. They are playing with a lot of heart out there.

We got a lot of work left to do. But, man, I'm so proud of our team right now. They have heart. Unlike the Cowboys who after losing to the bears just sat down and cried and gave up the season.
  16. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,519 / 86 / -26
    Lynch - 9 carries for 7 yards today. Somewhere Ted is smiling.
  17. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +578 / 31 / -20
    This is the last I'm saying on the Lynch subject...

Are we really going to evaluate the guy game-by-game by the box score? He was crucial in the win over Chicago and played well against Zona.
  18. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    i was at the game. amazing experience for my first packers game. I was the only Packer fan within 6 rows down and up in my section.

After cheering the D stopping the Jets first drive i heard two drunk kids right behind me talking about how they wanted to smack me. lol. Later on i turned around and joked around with them a little bit and the "wanting to hit him" comments stopped after that. They turned out to be pretty cool though.

Favorite plays. Woodson's INT, it seemed to me the place was all quiet trying to figure out wtf happened when i jumped up screaming my head off. plus i received a "wtf" look from a guy a couple rows down, i just put my hands out and was all like whatup? lol. Matthews sack was awesome to celebrate as the majority of fans just went F*** realizing that they just pretty much lost. all three times the Packers stopped them on 4th down, including the fake punt.

and obviously just watching Jets fans leave with still 4 minutes left in the game, admitting defeat.

and there was nothing like being there with almost no Jet fans remaining and being able to freely chant "Go! Pack! Go" without any Jet fan being able to say anything. oh and i also loved how every time "fireman Ed" came on the screen there were 3 or 4 Packer fans right behind him holding up Packer logos and pointing at them. Awesome.

Overall, it was an awesome time and i loved every minute of it. No one really gave me any **** and there were a good amount of Packer fans in attendance. extremely happy they pulled out a win, and extremely impressed with the defensive performance. i am officially pumped up for the rest of this season
  19. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +819 / 8 / -4
    Packer Fan Since:
    I'm glad you had such a great time at the game!!! I can't wait to see it!

I forgot to check the Packers site to see who won the tix to the game today....So happy it ended so nicely for you!
  20. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110 / 14 / -1
    gift ints?? I dont think so. With the rules today isnt it obvious you have to maintain control of the ball even after hitting the ground. look at it like this if we ripped to ball out of there hands and the ball hit the ground would it have been a fumble or a incomplete pass? It would have been incomplete because they didnt maintain control of the ball after hitting the ground.
  21. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -1

Au contraire (gosh I'm so happy, I'm speaking French) there are other things that count. like...mmmm, FIELD POSITION! Props to our punter.

Till we meet again...I would be thrilled with a SB rematch. Of course I say that to all AFC teams.LOL

:paladin: *smile has no significance, just like the way the dude handles the sword*
  22. NYJET624

NYJET624 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ^^ I was very impressed by the GB punter...he was money.

Our punter was a decathlete in college....needed a few more inches on that fake.
  23. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +382 / 2 / -0
    I heard it on the radio and I am believing it, this week's headlines will include "The Pack is Back!" The game versus the Vikings, it was a tooth and nail battle, sure their controversial calls, then this week's game proved the Packers can do it. They were bit with a nasty case of injuries as we all hate, and yet they still won a game, when I saw the schedule, figured it was a 50/50 shot, and we friggin shut the Jets out. A team that praises itself about their defense, got creamed by ours. Now yeah, our offense wasn't on fire today, nor would I want them to be. Not for this game, hell I think it was for the better of D was on the field more, they needed the practice. The fact that our team didn't do much offensively especially with no touchdowns, just leaves me hoping that we destroy the Cowboys on offense, and our defense intercepts Kitna so many times, they throw in their 3rd sting QB. If we can go into the Bye with a 6-3 record, and I don't see why we can't have a season like last year BUT BETTER! The only thing I am worried about is that we don't see Tampa Bay in the playoffs.
  24. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110 / 14 / -1
    Tampa? I guess running qbs kinda scare me too. The giants are looking good. The saints also worry me. If we can show a offense I wouldnt be to worried about any of them.
  25. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    Noone was more impressed by our Punter than us.
    He had NEVER performed like this. In fact, he was nothing short of terrible a couple weeks ago. Then against the queens he was better, and today he was amazing.

After having the worst punter of all time (Derrick Frost) and the worst punter in the league (Kapinos), it's a HUGE thing for us. The entire ST unit is, actually.

Our ST has been the laughing stock of the NFL for far too long...