1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Eagles - 1/9: WIN 21 - 16

Discussion in 'Game Day Archive' started by packers020802, Jan 2, 2011.

1. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55 / 6 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
    I can't wait for SUNDAY!!!

So stoked!
    I have a friend who is a bandwagon fan (49ers in the 90's now Eagles in the 00's) and he lives in Packer country! He said he is not placing any bets on this game! which is funny because I think I made about $100 the last 2 times GB has played the eagles!

cantwaitcantwaitcantwait..................
  2. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180 / 7 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    cant wait to see how the pass game responds after a kind of disappointing game against the Bears.
  3. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61 / 37 / -8
    someone stated earlier zombo and jenkins will be back.. but i thought jenkins was ir'd.. can someone verify this because if thats the case my hopes of winning just grew!!
  4. A-Rod_is_God

A-Rod_is_God Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
  5. AlaskanWinter

AlaskanWinter Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Blitz Vick hard, make him use his hot read and jump the routes. Make him throw quick and accurate if he is going to beat us. Of course, if he escapes the blitz, watch out. This needs to be addressed early in the game, with some very hard hits, even if he gains 15 yards, crunch him.
  6. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -1
    Man, I have been trolling some Eagle forums the last two days..no dog puns....they jump all over you. All I did was ask "when the Beagles (oops , that's a dog) come on the field for introductions, do they play "who let the dogs out?" For some reason they didn't find it funny. Eagle fans must all be ex-sailors, they all swear like it. Just totally obscene. I know they booed Santa Clause, but I think if they had the chance , they would boo their own mothers& grandmas. Not nice people. I did run across this today. I remember early in the season when the Packers were being called one of the most penalized teams in the NFL. Final standings, I think GB came in 3 lowest in penalty yards. Vikings had over twice as many penalty yards. Go Pack!

On two of the forums, Falcon fans were saying it's going to be close but the Eagles will win. Wishful thinking, just shows me that the Falcon fans are more afraid of Green Bay.
  7. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -1
    I have seen three different sites today saying Jenkins may play/start.
  8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,590 / 77 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    There WAS TALK to ir him, but they declined cuz there was a real chance of making the Bear game

But now its a very real possibility he plays vs the Eagles
  9. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +950 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    It seems from what I've been seeing on the NFL network that the talking heads are once again under rating the Pack and over rating Vick. To listen to them you'd think he can walk on water and that the Pack won't be able to do anything about it. Sheesh. Only one guy said he liked what he saw out of Green Bay and didn't think the Eagles could contain the offensive scoring machine of the Pack.
  10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,603 / 91 / -35
    IF Zombo is healthy, does he start?
  11. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +221 / 6 / -2
    I don't think so. I think I remember reading somewhere this week that Walden is bigger, stronger and faster sideline to sideline than Zombo. Seems like he has good instinct as well. Based off his play last week I'd say we start him again.
  12. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,649 / 62 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    We know the Eagles pretty well.
    They've had some bad injuries as we have.
    They lost their starting center in our game, and they recently lost Brandon Graham, who was THE guy I wanted us to draft to pit opposite Matthews.

I'm glad they don't have Brian Dawkins back there anymore.
    Or Brian Westbrook.

But DeSean Jackson is lethal as we know..... and LeSean McCoy and KeSean Maclin are dangerous as well.
    But LeMichael Vick must be kept in the pocket and we'll be fine.
  13. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +577 / 1 / -0
    Don't you mean..............bird!? LOL

I crack myself up.

Eagles are gonna be renamed the "Arkansas Blackbirds" after our D gets done with em.
  14. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +577 / 1 / -0
    I'm definitely taking some "Medication" before this game. Either scotch or xanac. Hell, maybe both. ROFL
  15. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Westbrook did some damage while he was an Eagle as did Runyan. Neither player plays for the Eagles any longer, they were my favorite Eagles when I was a fan. I kind of was hoping Runyan and Westbrook would join the Packers, LOL!
  16. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -0
    I think zombo lost his spot, the performance that walden had doesn't just come easy he looked very strong and fast and also smart. I think mm starts him again.
  17. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317 / 0 / -0
    I'm so pumped for this. I've got a really good friend in school who's a major Eagles fan. We're going to a bar nearby that basically has flat screens for walls and recliners with attractive girls in skimpy clothes that wait on you (in your recliner). I have a feeling I won't be sitting much, though.
  18. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +577 / 1 / -0
    yep, not a game that will easy to sit through. Sounds like a cool place.
  19. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317 / 0 / -0
    I've never been there myself, but he just went this past weekend. He and a couple of other people described it to me, and I can't pass it up.
  20. mattwill

mattwill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Kitten, while I understand your logic, when evaluating the Eagles OLine it is important to keep one thing in mind. Going into the last two meaningless games the Eagles Offense was one of the top 2 in the whole NFL producing both yards and points. That doesn't happen without some semblance of a decent OLine. There have been plenty of hits and sacks on Vick, but he himself is in large part to blame for that because of the way he moves around both in and out of the pocket.

The Pack has a very good pass rush, but it isn't any better than the one the Giants have and despite all the pressure from the GMen the Eagles put up 31 points on them (38 if you count the punt return) in the second game and 27 in the first game. Chicago also put a lot of pressure on Vick, but still the Eagles scored 26. I don't expect any less points on Sunday . . . something between 27 and 34 is my guess.

That means the Pack's O is going to have to have one of its "good" games if they are going to outscore the Eagles. They can't afford a game like last Sunday's or they will be "one and done"

My crystal ball sees a close game with the final score something like Eagles 27 Packers 24 or Eagles 34 Packers 31
  21. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +221 / 6 / -2
    How were the past 2 games meaningless? If they had won both of them they would have ended up as the #2 seed...

And the Chicago/Eagles game wasn't as close as the score indicated. Eagles had some garbage time yards/points at the end of that game.

The Giants game I'll give them 100% credit for. They put it on the Giants in the 4th quarter of that game.
  22. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Packers might want to consider hitting Philly early. They are calling for snow here tomorrow. Granted only 1-3 inches but that could change it the track of the storm comes closer to the coast. Meaning don't be surprised to see a major coastal low, nor'easter and over a foot of snow, right as the Packers are supposed to come to Philly. The storm will probably amount to nothing, but I want to Packers to be able to arrive safely and have their practice time and rest before the game!!!

Game day forecast for Philly is 36, brisk and chilly. I've been praying for some nice cold Green Bay weather so the Packers will feel right at home. We could do without the snow on Friday though! Travel safe everyone going to the game!!!
  23. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +950 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    LOL! Folks in Wisconsin would refer to us as "snow wimps". 1 to 3 inches is nothing to them. If we get 2 inches here in central PA everyone is quick running out to get bread and milk for fear they'll be snowed in.
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317 / 0 / -0
    Haha, well we know your governor would. I think it's ridiculous to postpone a game like that.
  25. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +221 / 6 / -2
    Sounds like it will be a fired up Philly team on Sunday. Playing with a monster chip on their shoulders... Said that they're tired of all the "Green Bay will win" talk in the media. This Packers team seems to have the tendency to "Buy into the hype" when people start praising them and thinking they're better than they truly are.

This game is starting to worry me now. If Philly comes out all fired up and GB comes out thinking they are unstoppable, we will lose.