OP
packers020802

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
I can't wait for SUNDAY!!!

So stoked!
I have a friend who is a bandwagon fan (49ers in the 90's now Eagles in the 00's) and he lives in Packer country! He said he is not placing any bets on this game! which is funny because I think I made about $100 the last 2 times GB has played the eagles!

cantwaitcantwaitcantwait..................

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
someone stated earlier zombo and jenkins will be back.. but i thought jenkins was ir'd.. can someone verify this because if thats the case my hopes of winning just grew!!

AlaskanWinter

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blitz Vick hard, make him use his hot read and jump the routes. Make him throw quick and accurate if he is going to beat us. Of course, if he escapes the blitz, watch out. This needs to be addressed early in the game, with some very hard hits, even if he gains 15 yards, crunch him.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ive been in Florida all week, meaning i missed both of these last two games. Ide rather not play the eagles to start with (wish we coulda had the NFC weak, er, i mean west)...anyway, a playoff spot is better than not having one at all!!!

GO PACK GO! Put Vick in the doghouse!

Man, I have been trolling some Eagle forums the last two days..no dog puns....they jump all over you. All I did was ask "when the Beagles (oops , that's a dog) come on the field for introductions, do they play "who let the dogs out?" For some reason they didn't find it funny. Eagle fans must all be ex-sailors, they all swear like it. Just totally obscene. I know they booed Santa Clause, but I think if they had the chance , they would boo their own mothers& grandmas. Not nice people. I did run across this today. I remember early in the season when the Packers were being called one of the most penalized teams in the NFL. Final standings, I think GB came in 3 lowest in penalty yards. Vikings had over twice as many penalty yards. Go Pack!

On two of the forums, Falcon fans were saying it's going to be close but the Eagles will win. Wishful thinking, just shows me that the Falcon fans are more afraid of Green Bay.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
someone stated earlier zombo and jenkins will be back.. but i thought jenkins was ir'd.. can someone verify this because if thats the case my hopes of winning just grew!!

I have seen three different sites today saying Jenkins may play/start.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

There WAS TALK to ir him, but they declined cuz there was a real chance of making the Bear game

But now its a very real possibility he plays vs the Eagles

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It seems from what I've been seeing on the NFL network that the talking heads are once again under rating the Pack and over rating Vick. To listen to them you'd think he can walk on water and that the Pack won't be able to do anything about it. Sheesh. Only one guy said he liked what he saw out of Green Bay and didn't think the Eagles could contain the offensive scoring machine of the Pack.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF Zombo is healthy, does he start?

I don't think so. I think I remember reading somewhere this week that Walden is bigger, stronger and faster sideline to sideline than Zombo. Seems like he has good instinct as well. Based off his play last week I'd say we start him again.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We know the Eagles pretty well.
They've had some bad injuries as we have.
They lost their starting center in our game, and they recently lost Brandon Graham, who was THE guy I wanted us to draft to pit opposite Matthews.

I'm glad they don't have Brian Dawkins back there anymore.
Or Brian Westbrook.

But DeSean Jackson is lethal as we know..... and LeSean McCoy and KeSean Maclin are dangerous as well.
But LeMichael Vick must be kept in the pocket and we'll be fine.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Focal point: Vick. If we cut off the head of the snake, we stop them.

Don't you mean..............bird!? LOL

I crack myself up.

Eagles are gonna be renamed the "Arkansas Blackbirds" after our D gets done with em.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Oh... I loved the comment about this being a blood pressure raising,.. on the edge of your seat type game. (may have been a different thread)
I will add, a good 12 pack game easily!!! LOL!!! j/k...I'm going to pace myself!

I'm definitely taking some "Medication" before this game. Either scotch or xanac. Hell, maybe both. ROFL

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Westbrook did some damage while he was an Eagle as did Runyan. Neither player plays for the Eagles any longer, they were my favorite Eagles when I was a fan. I kind of was hoping Runyan and Westbrook would join the Packers, LOL!

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think zombo lost his spot, the performance that walden had doesn't just come easy he looked very strong and fast and also smart. I think mm starts him again.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I'm so pumped for this. I've got a really good friend in school who's a major Eagles fan. We're going to a bar nearby that basically has flat screens for walls and recliners with attractive girls in skimpy clothes that wait on you (in your recliner). I have a feeling I won't be sitting much, though.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'm so pumped for this. I've got a really good friend in school who's a major Eagles fan. We're going to a bar nearby that basically has flat screens for walls and recliners with attractive girls in skimpy clothes that wait on you (in your recliner). I have a feeling I won't be sitting much, though.

yep, not a game that will easy to sit through. Sounds like a cool place.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
yep, not a game that will easy to sit through. Sounds like a cool place.
I've never been there myself, but he just went this past weekend. He and a couple of other people described it to me, and I can't pass it up.

mattwill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles have done a very poor job of protecting Vick, he's taken a lot of hits and sacks. The reason he has to run so much is because he often has nowhere else to go with the ball. He's tough though and he will play injured. Good thing is we now have nearly a whole seasons worth of film study on Vick, our D should be able to break down their O-Line and get to Vick.

We have an excellent pass rush D, Eagles are a pass team, very much like the Packers, they operate under a West Coast Offense. They have emerged with a running game this year, watch out for McCoy. Pack has a good run D so they need to be ready in case the Eagles put the ball on the ground. I don't need to mention Vick himself can run. Also watch D Jackson, double team him if we need to. Eagles have a lot of players who are banged up, as do we.

Focal point: Vick. If we cut off the head of the snake, we stop them.
Kitten, while I understand your logic, when evaluating the Eagles OLine it is important to keep one thing in mind. Going into the last two meaningless games the Eagles Offense was one of the top 2 in the whole NFL producing both yards and points. That doesn't happen without some semblance of a decent OLine. There have been plenty of hits and sacks on Vick, but he himself is in large part to blame for that because of the way he moves around both in and out of the pocket.

The Pack has a very good pass rush, but it isn't any better than the one the Giants have and despite all the pressure from the GMen the Eagles put up 31 points on them (38 if you count the punt return) in the second game and 27 in the first game. Chicago also put a lot of pressure on Vick, but still the Eagles scored 26. I don't expect any less points on Sunday . . . something between 27 and 34 is my guess.

That means the Pack's O is going to have to have one of its "good" games if they are going to outscore the Eagles. They can't afford a game like last Sunday's or they will be "one and done"

My crystal ball sees a close game with the final score something like Eagles 27 Packers 24 or Eagles 34 Packers 31

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten, while I understand your logic, when evaluating the Eagles OLine it is important to keep one thing in mind. Going into the last two meaningless games the Eagles Offense was one of the top 2 in the whole NFL producing both yards and points. That doesn't happen without some semblance of a decent OLine. There have been plenty of hits and sacks on Vick, but he himself is in large part to blame for that because of the way he moves around both in and out of the pocket.

The Pack has a very good pass rush, but it isn't any better than the one the Giants have and despite all the pressure from the GMen the Eagles put up 31 points on them (38 if you count the punt return) in the second game and 27 in the first game. Chicago also put a lot of pressure on Vick, but still the Eagles scored 26. I don't expect any less points on Sunday . . . something between 27 and 34 is my guess.

That means the Pack's O is going to have to have one of its "good" games if they are going to outscore the Eagles. They can't afford a game like last Sunday's or they will be "one and done"

My crystal ball sees a close game with the final score something like Eagles 27 Packers 24 or Eagles 34 Packers 31

How were the past 2 games meaningless? If they had won both of them they would have ended up as the #2 seed...

And the Chicago/Eagles game wasn't as close as the score indicated. Eagles had some garbage time yards/points at the end of that game.

The Giants game I'll give them 100% credit for. They put it on the Giants in the 4th quarter of that game.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers might want to consider hitting Philly early. They are calling for snow here tomorrow. Granted only 1-3 inches but that could change it the track of the storm comes closer to the coast. Meaning don't be surprised to see a major coastal low, nor'easter and over a foot of snow, right as the Packers are supposed to come to Philly. The storm will probably amount to nothing, but I want to Packers to be able to arrive safely and have their practice time and rest before the game!!!

Game day forecast for Philly is 36, brisk and chilly. I've been praying for some nice cold Green Bay weather so the Packers will feel right at home. We could do without the snow on Friday though! Travel safe everyone going to the game!!!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Packers might want to consider hitting Philly early. They are calling for snow here tomorrow. Granted only 1-3 inches but that could change it the track of the storm comes closer to the coast. Meaning don't be surprised to see a major coastal low, nor'easter and over a foot of snow, right as the Packers are supposed to come to Philly. The storm will probably amount to nothing, but I want to Packers to be able to arrive safely and have their practice time and rest before the game!!!

Game day forecast for Philly is 36, brisk and chilly. I've been praying for some nice cold Green Bay weather so the Packers will feel right at home. We could do without the snow on Friday though! Travel safe everyone going to the game!!!

LOL! Folks in Wisconsin would refer to us as "snow wimps". 1 to 3 inches is nothing to them. If we get 2 inches here in central PA everyone is quick running out to get bread and milk for fear they'll be snowed in.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
LOL! Folks in Wisconsin would refer to us as "snow wimps". 1 to 3 inches is nothing to them. If we get 2 inches here in central PA everyone is quick running out to get bread and milk for fear they'll be snowed in.

Haha, well we know your governor would. I think it's ridiculous to postpone a game like that.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like it will be a fired up Philly team on Sunday. Playing with a monster chip on their shoulders... Said that they're tired of all the "Green Bay will win" talk in the media. This Packers team seems to have the tendency to "Buy into the hype" when people start praising them and thinking they're better than they truly are.

This game is starting to worry me now. If Philly comes out all fired up and GB comes out thinking they are unstoppable, we will lose.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts