Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Eagles - 1/9: WIN 21 - 16

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This means nothing anymore, but anyone know progress of Finley? Kinda wish we hadn't IRd him if he's really healthy.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FINALLY!!! It's great to see so many positive posts. The past couple weeks there has been a lot of hand wringing on the board about first the Giants, then the Bears. I'm a glass half full kind of guy. After all, what's the use of cheering for a team if one is always afraid the team will lose?

Not enough folks have been giving this Packer team enough credit. What they have done in getting to the playoffs with such adversity is phenomenal. It shows the heart of a team with a true Championship mindset. We should be savoring this.

Not only do I think the D will dial up all kind of exotic disguised pressure packages, but I think the offense is due to explode again. Rodgers wants this one bad.

I think it's good to be positive, but when we lose I don't accept it...every game we lost we should have won injuries or not...my signature has quote from a well known person of Packer History that didn't accept losing either

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I hope the Pack can finish the Eagle's season with Kolb finishing the game and not Vick. I still think the last Philly play of Vick Vs. Matthews on 4th down summed up the game pretty well. The Eagles were on fire, and our D, shut them up when they needed to. Bend but do NOT break.

And as Croak said in another post on this board, the Packers offense is so adverse you have to have a good defense, which the Bears kind of do have, which I don't think philly has. Even if we can make it an offensive match up like last year's playoff game, I think the Packers can finish them pretty well.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive been in Florida all week, meaning i missed both of these last two games. Ide rather not play the eagles to start with (wish we coulda had the NFC weak, er, i mean west)...anyway, a playoff spot is better than not having one at all!!!

GO PACK GO! Put Vick in the doghouse!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Woodson playing such an important role. Same role he played against CHI. Blitzkrieg Vick! Draw him out towards our LB's where he'll take some heavy fire.

Eagles have done a very poor job of protecting Vick, he's taken a lot of hits and sacks. The reason he has to run so much is because he often has nowhere else to go with the ball. He's tough though and he will play injured. Good thing is we now have nearly a whole seasons worth of film study on Vick, our D should be able to break down their O-Line and get to Vick.

We have an excellent pass rush D, Eagles are a pass team, very much like the Packers, they operate under a West Coast Offense. They have emerged with a running game this year, watch out for McCoy. Pack has a good run D so they need to be ready in case the Eagles put the ball on the ground. I don't need to mention Vick himself can run. Also watch D Jackson, double team him if we need to. Eagles have a lot of players who are banged up, as do we.

Focal point: Vick. If we cut off the head of the snake, we stop them.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles have done a very poor job of protecting Vick, he's taken a lot of hits and sacks. The reason he has to run so much is because he often has nowhere else to go with the ball. He's tough though and he will play injured. Good thing is we now have nearly a whole seasons worth of film study on Vick, our D should be able to break down their O-Line and get to Vick.

We have an excellent pass rush D, Eagles are a pass team, very much like the Packers, they operate under a West Coast Offense. They have emerged with a running game this year, watch out for McCoy. Pack has a good run D so they need to be ready in case the Eagles put the ball on the ground. I don't need to mention Vick himself can run. Also watch D Jackson, double team him if we need to. Eagles have a lot of players who are banged up, as do we.

Focal point: Vick. If we cut off the head of the snake, we stop them.

Good analysis.

I am worried about McCoy. The Packers defense had a hard time containing Bears' running back Forte. I think they should blitz Vick, but not in excess. The Packers pass defense will have to be aware of the long throws.

I think this will be a very close game than most people expect it to be. If the GB Offense comes out flat...then this game might be decided in the final seconds.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Good analysis.

I am worried about McCoy. The Packers defense had a hard time containing Bears' running back Forte. I think they should blitz Vick, but not in excess. The Packers pass defense will have to be aware of the long throws.

I think this will be a very close game than most people expect it to be. If the GB Offense comes out flat...then this game might be decided in the final seconds.
I think our best defensive plan would be to mix up our blitz packages constantly, while having Woodson line up at the LOS every play. If we can confuse Vick as to who is blitzing and when, especially with Chuck, we can almost ensure a pick or two, perhaps from #21 himself.

I'm sure that's what Capers has lined up. I know he'll outsmart the Eagles, and he'll outsmart me, haha. The Eagles won't score a lot of points, I can almost guarantee that this game won't be a blowout, Capers is just too good. I may think I can run an offensive game plan better than MM (even though that's not true, haha) but I've never felt that way about Capers.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good analysis.

Much respect to McCoy, but I don't see him having an amazing game. We'll be able to control him UNLIKE Turner, Forte, and the other big backs we've gone up against.

We just have a hard time tackling BIG MOTHAS! The parody in all this is Connolly's kick return for 70 yards. Luckily McCoy is a smaller speedy back. He'll get yards, but not as often after contact.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best defensive play I've ever seen used against Vick was during the Eagles/ Lions game. Three Lions got in front of Vick and stared jumping up and down and waving their hands in front of his face. Vick got so confused, he overturned the ball. It looked hilarious.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best defensive play I've ever seen used against Vick was during the Eagles/ Lions game. Three Lions got in front of Vick and stared jumping up and down and waving their hands in front of his face. Vick got so confused, he overturned the ball. It looked hilarious.

LOL! VIDEO! is this on ESPN? I want video!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL! VIDEO! is this on ESPN? I want video!

No video but it happened near the end of the game. I don't think the Lions would describe the play quite like that but that was what it looked like! Even the announcers commented on it. LOL.

I think, Woodson, Tramon, and Hawk should jump up and down in front of Vick and wave their hands in his face. While Vick is busy trying to figure out what the hell they are doing, Matthews will sack Vick from behind. It's brilliant! Capers, go to it!!!!

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No video but it happened near the end of the game. I don't think the Lions would describe the play quite like that but that was what it looked like! Even the announcers commented on it. LOL.

I think, Woodson, Tramon, and Hawk should jump up and down in front of Vick and wave their hands in his face. While Vick is busy trying to figure out what the hell they are doing, Matthews will sack Vick from behind. It's brilliant! Capers, go to it!!!!

Or our Dline can all point to a guy like he jumped off sides with 2 seconds left. Vick will get confused and won't get the ball snapped in time. easy 5 yards!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the offense shows up, Packers should win this game. The defense looks fast enough and hungry enough to keep Vick and Co contained.

Really hoping Rodgers gets his first playoff win!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting Rodgers (and his team) their FIRST playoff win is so dang hard.... it's like a great golfer going years and years without winning a major, despite being in contention so many times, over years and years.

Phil Mickelson.... still hasn't won a single US Open despite having so many chances. But once he won a slam, 2004 Masters, he has now won 3 Masters and is considered the current King of that place.

I feel once we get this monkey off Aaron's back, the pressure again will be off and he'll explode with playoff wins. Remember, Tom Brady got lucky in his first playoff with the bullschit tuck rule garbage in the snow game against the Raiders and Charles Woodson. And then he got lucky with damn Vinitieri always making the last second clutch kicks. Over and over. He was the un-Mason Crosby or Scott Norwood. I still resent Brady for his luck.

Anyway, they say luck evens out. If that's the case, we deserve some lucky playoff wins. On the final play of the game. I'd like the final one to be over the Patriots in 4 weeks!

First, the Birds must die..... Eagles, Falcons......

OP
OP
packers020802

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can beat the Eagles. Vick is banged up
Chant with me: Vick, Vick, you make me sick! I hope you throw a pick!

Vick is banged up!?
He has said he wakes up and feels great every day.
He has a bruised leg that he says is a little painful but he will be comming off of 2 weeks rest.

Owell send 52 after him and then, when Clay isn't crushing him, 21 will be pickin' him!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Frank... I was wondering where you were going with your avatar!
Loud and clear!!!!

Altough its a tad sad,... I get it!

Oh... I loved the comment about this being a blood pressure raising,.. on the edge of your seat type game. (may have been a different thread)
I will add, a good 12 pack game easily!!! LOL!!! j/k...I'm going to pace myself!

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its upsetting that im wishing away my winter break but damn sunday cant get here soon enough!!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frank... I was wondering where you were going with your avatar!
Loud and clear!!!!

Altough its a tad sad,... I get it!

Oh... I loved the comment about this being a blood pressure raising,.. on the edge of your seat type game. (may have been a different thread)
I will add, a good 12 pack game easily!!! LOL!!! j/k...I'm going to pace myself!
I want to extinct 3 Birds in this Postseason:
-Eagles
-Falcons
-Ravens
And extincting a Grizzly Bear before the Raven would be just fine with me too!

First things first, DeSean Jackson & Michael Vick need to be caged up.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick is banged up!?
He has said he wakes up and feels great every day.
He has a bruised leg that he says is a little painful but he will be comming off of 2 weeks rest.

Owell send 52 after him and then, when Clay isn't crushing him, 21 will be pickin' him!

Philly news said he was banged up. He got hurt on the first play of the Vikings game and played injured the rest of that game. Say what you will about Vick but he is tough stock.

Or maybe I was speakin of Vick being banged up more in a future tense, as in after our D gets a hold of him. The Vikings managed to sack him 5 times. Our guys are hungry for some sacks and Vick will be running around there like a Happy Meal on legs.

I say we reenact Frank's siggy pick!

Kolb is probably praying Vick doesn't get hurt so they can't throw him to the wolves.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I want to extinct 3 Birds in this Postseason:
-Eagles
-Falcons
-Ravens
And extincting a Grizzly Bear before the Raven would be just fine with me too!

First things first, DeSean Jackson & Michael Vick need to be caged up.

Ohhhh! NOW I get what the avatar means. Boy am I slow on the take.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frank, I think I love your siggy pic! Sack the Eagles!!! :)
Thank you darling.
I love the true American Bald Eagle.
But the Iggles are not that. And most of their fans are thugs.
That team caused us torture 7 years ago. This might not make up for that, but I really want it for Aaron a lot more than I did for Brett back then.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts