Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Chargers - 11/06

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Whee, I get to start one!

Huge test for the Packers here. Hope the defense shores itself up during the bye week. Don't want to have this guy to have a field day on our defense.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Somebody tell Rivers you don't get a big round mouth by eating square meals.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
The Packers have gone 2-1 coming off they're bye week with Aaron Rodgers as starting quartback, last season crushing the Vikings 31-3, the season before that beating the Lions 26-0 but Aaron's starting season they lost to the Titans 19-16.

Does this give you reason to believe that the Packers will win yet again off of there bye week, or will the Chargers take the upset victory and end the Packers streak??

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have a very good chance to win this one not just because the bye week gives them a chance to rest and prepare but also because they are coming in at 7-0.
Atlanta Falcons.
They did that, they can do anything.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
The Packers have a very good chance to win this one not just because the bye week gives them a chance to rest and prepare but also because they are coming in at 7-0.
Atlanta Falcons.
They did that, they can do anything.

I see it being a close game at half time but then the Packers are gonna come out and close the game with a few touchdowns and take the win.

Jets all the way

The Jets rule
Reaction score
The Packers have gone 2-1 coming off they're bye week with Aaron Rodgers as starting quartback, last season crushing the Vikings 31-3, the season before that beating the Lions 26-0 but Aaron's starting season they lost to the Titans 19-16.

Does this give you reason to believe that the Packers will win yet again off of there bye week, or will the Chargers take the upset victory and end the Packers streak??
the packers are going to win

Reaction score
Sanchez To Plax was good for 3 TDs.... and that's in a windy stadium with Mark Sanchez throwing the Ball.

I say we dust off our A-Rod to J-Fin combo from week 3 and use it against the chargers... Our D has to do better in this game, Rivers/chargers struggling or not, we have to step up and restore some Pride in our Defense.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Sanchez To Plax was good for 3 TDs.... and that's in a windy stadium with Mark Sanchez throwing the Ball.

I say we dust off our A-Rod to J-Fin combo from week 3 and use it against the chargers... Our D has to do better in this game, Rivers/chargers struggling or not, we have to step up and restore some Pride in our Defense.

I agree our defense really as to step up I don't care how bad people are saying Rivers is playing the Chargers ARE GOING TO SHOW UP TO PLAY and our defense has got to be ready to stop it, I think that what we will be focusing on during our bye week. Aaron is always clutch and I think he will have his 5th straight 300+ yard game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see it being a close game at half time but then the Packers are gonna come out and close the game with a few touchdowns and take the win.
We keep wanting/hoping for that but have yet to see anything like that since Denver.

I'll take your scenario while I expect a close game.

Jets all the way

The Jets rule
Reaction score

I THINK THE PACKERS NEED TO STEP UP THE DEFENSE THE JETS NEED TO STEP UP THERE DEFENSE TO AND THE CHARGERS NEED TO TO

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I agree our defense really as to step up I don't care how bad people are saying Rivers is playing the Chargers ARE GOING TO SHOW UP TO PLAY and our defense has got to be ready to stop it, I think that what we will be focusing on during our bye week. Aaron is always clutch and I think he will have his 5th straight 300+ yard game.

And here I was expecting the Chargers to just lie on their backs exposing their bellies like scared puppies.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm not worried about this game, even if it's close, I know we will win. San Diego is the most overrated team in the AFC. Everyone is so threatened by them, but actually look at the highlights and scores. They have been barely getting by lately, and any sentence about Phillip Rivers should start with "What is wrong" and not "OMG he's gonna shred us."

Let's go back and recap their year so far.

Week 1, came back from 10 point deficit to stop Minnesota, and barely won by a touchdown.

Week 2, LOST by 14 points to New England's 32nd ranked defense and Brady tore them to pieces.
This one here is a key right here. Sure our defense is bad, but New England's offense won them this one, as ours will probably do the same. Plus even against a bad defense, Rivers throws 2 picks, and they had 4 turnovers total.

Week 3, barely won by 3 points against an average divisional rival. Nothing big here, except how the Chiefs managed to stop them from getting a passing TD.

Week 4, they win by 10 points finally against perhaps the worst team in the entire league. They should have won by more than that.

Week 5, go up by 16 points and nearly lose to a quarterback that can't even complete 50% of his passes.

Week 6, Go up by 11 points TWICE and end up losing to the Jets.

if New England has the worst ranked defense and managed to win by 14 points, I think the Pack can do the same thing. Let's face it, the Chargers are an AVERAGE team. If anyone in the AFC West scares me, it's the Raiders. San Diego has blown leads in almost every game so far this year, a big one was last week. Go up by 11 points twice and end up losing to the Jets, just tells you how vulnerable their defense is. Rodgers should have a career day over them, they did let Brady throw 450+ passing yards on them.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried about this game, even if it's close, I know we will win. San Diego is the most overrated team in the AFC. Everyone is so threatened by them, but actually look at the highlights and scores. They have been barely getting by lately, and any sentence about Phillip Rivers should start with "What is wrong" and not "OMG he's gonna shred us."

Week 1, came back from 10 point deficit to stop Minnesota, and barely won by a touchdown.

Week 2, LOST by 14 points to New England's 32nd ranked defense and Brady tore them to pieces.
This one here is a key right here. Sure our defense is bad, but New England's offense won them this one, as ours will probably do the same. Plus even against a bad defense, Rivers throws 2 picks, and they had 4 turnovers total.

Week 3, barely won by 3 points against an average divisional rival. Nothing big here, except how the Chiefs managed to stop them from getting a passing TD.

Week 4, they win by 10 points finally against perhaps the worst team in the entire league. They should have won by more than that.

Week 5, go up by 16 points and nearly lose to a quarterback that can't even complete 50% of his passes.

if New England has the worst ranked defense and managed to win by 14 points, I think the Pack can do the same thing. Let's face it, the Chargers are an AVERAGE team. If anyone in the AFC West scares me, it's the Raiders. San Diego has blown leads in almost every game so far this year, a big one was last week. Go up by 11 points twice and end up losing to the Jets, just tells you how vulnerable their defense is. Rodgers should have a career day over them, they did let Brady throw 450+ passing yards on them.

Great post!

I'm hoping for 49-0!
Man, I am so tired of Charger fans here at work. They act like P. Rivers is the second coming, seriously. "He the best Charger EVER" Me: "Really better than LT, Seau, Fouts, Joyner, etc" They walk around like the have won the last 10 straight SuperBowls. ARRRRGGGHHHH!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Great post!

I'm hoping for 49-0!
Man, I am so tired of Charger fans here at work. They act like P. Rivers is the second coming, seriously. "He the best Charger EVER" Me: "Really better than LT, Seau, Fouts, Joyner, etc" They walk around like the have won the last 10 straight SuperBowls. ARRRRGGGHHHH!

Dan Fouts was a better quarterback there if you ask me over Rivers, and Brees was better than him too lol :D

Junior Seau hands down was the best player for the Chargers in their entire franchise i believe.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score

Thank you for these facts all this stuff I'm seeing on this forum is just making me feel more confident about the Packers winning this game in quite a large fashion.

OP
OP
cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not to mention Don Coryell, inventor of the modern-day Air Coryell offense, Hank Bauer, Wes Chandler, Chuck Muncie, and of course, Kellen Winslow, one of the best TEs to ever play football.

Members online

Latest posts