Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Chargers - 11/06

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whee, I get to start one!

Huge test for the Packers here. Hope the defense shores itself up during the bye week. Don't want to have this guy to have a field day on our defense.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
I'm pumped already. Hopefully we can shape things up on defense over the bye week like you said. Can Rodgers be stopped? No.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gahhh a week with out Packers football! I keep forgetting! Yet, I am happy the team gets a week of rest before playing the Chargers.

buckshotrob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea it sucks we gotta wait a week but i think we can take the chargers i hate hearing about how phillip rivers is so great imo hes good for stats but he cant win when it counts

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
We are going to BEAT THE **** OUT OF THEM, then all the San Diego fans that said I was wrong to call them idiots for getting rid of such good players like Welker, Sproles, Turner, Brees, Cromartie, Tomlinson, they can all sigh and say maybe we should have kept them.

KEY POINT IN THIS GAME:

The Chargers are overrated.

They were up 11 points on the Jets, twice and allowed them to come back and eventually win.

They can get up like that on a team and let them crawl back into it and win, we can do the same. If they go up by 10, I think we will finish them. We have the best offense, going against an extremely overrated team, and I want this game to shut up all the stupid analyzers on NFL Network (Deion Sanders) and ESPN that still think Rivers is better than Rodgers. Phillip Rivers has thrown more INT's than TD's so far this year,and Aaron Rodgers is playing lights out what every fan dreams of having as a quarterback.

We need to get after Rivers. They are going to pass pass pass, and barely try to run the ball. I see this as a good opportunity to pass rush the hell outta him, he plays worse under pressure. On offense, I think we'll have the edge there. San Diego's defense can't close a game.

Let's get Norv Turner fired lol, we were on a roll getting coaches fired last year, let's get him out of San Diego!

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, Bolts are going to get smashed. Not sure what's wrong with Rivers, but something is not right. They will lose to the Chiefs this week and will get smashed vs. Green Bay. Go Pack Go!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder, if they actually would have won something had they not fired Marty Schottenhiemer, and kept Drew Brees like he wanted. Now Brees has a Super Bowl ring, and all they can do is shake their heads about i, and on top of that, they let Darren Sproles go to the same team that has Drew Brees, that's how stupid the Chargers organizations is! ***** in only 7 games, Sproles has proved he was a missing link in that offense, they are on fire with him! Did they not learn their lesson when Wes Welker went to New England and LD Tomlinson went to the Jets along with Cromartie? No other team in the last 10 years has got rid of such awesome players and it come back to haunt them, especially Brees lol. Oh yeah, and get rid of a team builer like Marty Schottenhiemer and replace him a loser named Norv Turner that sucks.

The Chargers are the winning laughing stock of the league, once you think they are for business, they show you that they really are steps behind.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Wait, weren't the Vikings going to get smashed? Oh yeah, the Packer were going to win by 40 points. The only teams the Packers have smashed are the Broncos and Rams. A combined 2-10 record. Don't count your victories until they have been won.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder, if they actually would have won something had they not fired Marty Schottenhiemer, and kept Drew Brees like he wanted. Now Brees has a Super Bowl ring, and all they can do is shake their heads about i, and on top of that, they let Darren Sproles go to the same team that has Drew Brees, that's how stupid the Chargers organizations is! ***** in only 7 games, Sproles has proved he was a missing link in that offense, they are on fire with him! Did they not learn their lesson when Wes Welker went to New England and LD Tomlinson went to the Jets along with Cromartie? No other team in the last 10 years has got rid of such awesome players and it come back to haunt them, especially Brees lol. Oh yeah, and get rid of a team builer like Marty Schottenhiemer and replace him a loser named Norv Turner that sucks.

The Chargers are the winning laughing stock of the league, once you think they are for business, they show you that they really are steps behind.

The team went 14-2 in 2006 lost to N.E. in the playoffs, what do they do to follow up? They fire their coach. :laugh: Living in the city I saw this first hand, A.J. Smith is the root of the problem. He rules over the Bolts with an iron first, Mart Schottenheimer wanted to hire his son as o-coordinator, AJ didn't approve.

Per Espn.com

The San Diego Union-Tribune, citing unnamed sources, reported that Schottenheimer was fired after trying to interview his brother, Kurt, for the team's vacant defensive coordinator post. Spanos and Smith didn't approve of the move, but Schottenheimer reportedly insisted he had the right to hire his own staff.

Marty Schottenheimer, went on XX radio here in San Diego and didn't bash the Bolts but just said "One person runs the organization (he never named names) and if his decisions are questioned you are GONE! Norv Turner is the kind of coach AJ Smith likes one who is passive and doesn't question GM decisions.

These jokers have run the team into the ground.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The team went 14-2 in 2006 lost to N.E. in the playoffs, what do they do to follow up? They fire their coach. :laugh: Living in the city I saw this first hand, A.J. Smith is the root of the problem. He rules over the Bolts with an iron first, Mart Schottenheimer wanted to hire his son as o-coordinator, AJ didn't approve.

Per Espn.com

The San Diego Union-Tribune, citing unnamed sources, reported that Schottenheimer was fired after trying to interview his brother, Kurt, for the team's vacant defensive coordinator post. Spanos and Smith didn't approve of the move, but Schottenheimer reportedly insisted he had the right to hire his own staff.

Marty Schottenheimer, went on XX radio here in San Diego and didn't bash the Bolts but just said "One person runs the organization (he never named names) and if his decisions are questioned you are GONE! Norv Turner is the kind of coach AJ Smith likes one who is passive and doesn't question GM decisions.

These jokers have run the team into the ground.

They are total idiots, and Marty Schottenheimer has built a team in every franchise he's coached, except for Washington.

Their biggest problem before firing Marty, was how terribly wrong they handled the Drew Brees situtation. He was injured and almost didn't have a chance in hell of returning, but Schottenheimer wanted Brees, that was his quarterback, and the management was ready to move on with Rivers. Compare Rivers numbers with the super awesome San Diego offense to Brees numbers so far this season with average C and B receivers, and Brees is your man, plus he's got a ring.

I can't help but laugh everytime I see Brees screening a pass to Darren Sproles. You let one guy go to this team and he completely turns them around and owns every passing record in that franchise's history, and then you let Darren Sproles go to the same team? ***** ROFL Idiots! :laugh:

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
My landlord who doesn't watch football at all. Went to a Charger game last year, I asked how he like the game and he said "it's ok but I don't understand why they run the ball up the middle so much" LOL! Can you say predictable! This is from 2009, but for some strange reason, Norv Turner STILL thinks running up the gut time and time again is going to work. :roflmao:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
They are total idiots, and Marty Schottenheimer has built a team in every franchise he's coached, except for Washington.

Their biggest problem before firing Marty, was how terribly wrong they handled the Drew Brees situtation. He was injured and almost didn't have a chance in hell of returning, but Schottenheimer wanted Brees, that was his quarterback, and the management was ready to move on with Rivers. Compare Rivers numbers with the super awesome San Diego offense to Brees numbers so far this season with average C and B receivers, and Brees is your man, plus he's got a ring.

I can't help but laugh everytime I see Brees screening a pass to Darren Sproles. You let one guy go to this team and he completely turns them around and owns every passing record in that franchise's history, and then you let Darren Sproles go to the same team? ***** ROFL Idiots! :laugh:
Marty Shottenheimer was the best coach to never win a super bowl. His players kept letting him down. That loss in 2006 rests squarely on the idiot play of a few players. If the front office had let him run the team they would be sporting a couple of rings by now. That being said, I get to throw a tailgate with robdog, being champs and 7-0. We are going to party and then we are going to see the Pack extend their win streak at Qualcomm.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
funny thing is that Marty just won a UFL championship yesterday. When he was fired, if you would have asked: Who wins a championship first, Marty or the Chargers? Everyone would have answered the Bolts. Wrong! Looking forward to the Epic tailgate, Real! :tup:

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
funny thing is that Marty just won a UFL championship yesterday. When he was fired, if you would have asked: Who wins a championship first, Marty or the Chargers? Everyone would have answered the Bolts. Wrong! Looking forward to the Epic tailgate, Real! :tup:
I didn't know Marty was still coaching. Hope the Vike's don't bring him back to the NFL.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Marty Shottenheimer was the best coach to never win a super bowl. His players kept letting him down. That loss in 2006 rests squarely on the idiot play of a few players. If the front office had let him run the team they would be sporting a couple of rings by now. That being said, I get to throw a tailgate with robdog, being champs and 7-0. We are going to party and then we are going to see the Pack extend their win streak at Qualcomm.

I totally agree.

1987, the Browns lost to the Broncos in the AFC Championship on Earnest Byner fumbling at the 2 yardline, and as horrible as Denver was in that Super Bowl, I'll debate anyone that Cleveland would have beat Washington, Denver was doing good until they started turning the ball over, unlike them the Browns were a balanced attack that year, good with the pass, deadly with the run. They had the #1 quarterback that year, and SHOULD HAVE made it to the Super Bowl.

Going by the success of all the players that have left San Diego, they should have done won a Super Bowl. Rex Ryan had a point calling Norv Turner a loser, but he should have said "They would have the ring had they kept Marty" cuz Rex himself is full of ****. If he ever makes it to a Super Bowl first, I'm sure he'll get his *** kicked.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

LOL that's awesome.

I bet the Browns miss him. They would just love to have him back, but Holmgren would never allow that, all that blind faith in Colt McCoy being the leader of that team is a joke.

Reaction score
Since I'm going, the Packers better win! Rivers is no joke, that's for sure. But our boy, Rodgers is The Truth. I expect a high scoring game since neither defense can stop anybody. Should be interesting.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Yay I think I will get to see a quarter of this game. :) Not as much as I wish to but hopefully somewhere in the airport in Salt Lake City they will be showing it. I wonder if the Packers will be wearing their home or away jerseys?

And does anyone else think Rivers looks like a chipmunk?

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I hate that we are having a bye week! I'm super pumped for this game though, We should be working a lot on the defense this week during our bye to contain Rivers and his offense to come away with another victory! 8-0 Packers! hope to see a repeat this season :)

Members online

Latest posts