Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Cardinals 8/28: WIN 44 - 37

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Discuss the upcoming game between the Packers and the Cardinals.

This is going to be a good test for our starting secondary against some really good receivers. I would like to see some shut down play if you know what I mean!
:happy0005:

PFJ12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know what you mean. It'll be nice to see our O go against a higher quality D than they've faced the past two games also. I'm a little worried about the Pack pulling this one out though. With no Flynn, it's a huge drop to Brohm. Even if the starters get out to a decent lead, a Brohmled O will certainly struggle to put points on the board.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest difference between the 1st two games and this game are on the lines, specially their OL. And Warner throws the ball very quickly, so it'll be a good test to see if our D can bring the pressure for sure. and with Dockett and Dansby, we'll se if our OL can create some push. They haven't scored much in this preseason, and will be withouth Breaston and Boldin, so I won't be so excited if we don't allow any points again. What? Of course I will!! 0 points against starters in 3 games is an amazing feat, no matter if it's just pre-season...

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Arizonia's lines look GREAT! I just finished watching the Chargers@Arizonia preseason game and Arizonia's starting lines look to be in good form! Their D sacked Rivers 4 (maybe 5) times in the first quarter all by different guys on D!!!! Arizonia's secondary looked average. When Rivers had time he dissected them. This is going to be a hell of a test for our OL. Can they keep the pressure off Aaron? I hate to say it, but Aaron probably will go down a couple of times tonight. Phoenix looks good at bringing pressure to the QB.

Warner threw a pick in the endzone. So maybe if we can find a way to rattle him we can get some turnovers. Phoenix was sloppy handling the ball and laid it on the turf a couple of times.

If you haven't seen the game, in the 3rd quarter one of Arizona's rookies goes up for a deep ball and gets LAID OUT!!! His helmet goes flying off and of course yellow flags go flying. It was a great hit. The refs called it helmet to helmet, but on the replay it was just a GREAT hit. The dudes own arm probably caused his helmet to go flying off.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah Arizon's D in that Chargers game looked Superbowl caliber. That, or the Chargers O-Line was just have an awful preseason game.

Either way, still should be a good preseason test for our D and O.

profan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a full test of the secondary

Although the Cards won't have 2 of their 3 starters in, they are deep in wide receivers. So the secondary will get tested to an extent, with Fitz and Warner's quick reads.

The Cards first string DL looked good against both the Steelers and the Chargers. They didn't get a sack against Pittsburgh though. In the Chargers game the Cards were without their starting CB McFadden who they got from Pittsburgh and the Chargers went right to work against a nickel CB that the Cards used. After the first string the Cards defense has a sharp drop off due to inexperienced rookies.

Since the teams will play each other in January, they may be cautious about what they show. I think it will be a good game and a test of how well the Pack does in the Cards stadium where they have been hard to beat.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i want to see our line hold back their D line..Their D can bring it!!

Seen their last pre season game and the line was in the q/b face a ton

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
INJURY UPDATE
* WR Greg Jennings was injured on a 26-yard reception with 13:09 on the clock. He was sandwiched by two players on the catch, CB Bryant McFadden and S Aaron Francisco. Jennings left the field under his own power. UPDATE: The official word is "a blow to the head." His return is questionable.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fantastic pass to Driver and then a really nice job and nice TD pass to Finley!

I'm starting to get worried for looking so great in the preseason.

packrfanfw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man what a game by the starting O!!!! I hope we don't use all our MOJO in the preseason.

GO PACK GO!!

GrandMstrBud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am really impressed, I am beginning to think the Packers are favorites for the division. If they do this good next week in Tennessee then I would think they would be one of the favorites in the NFC

packrfanfw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet the starters won't play much next week. Normally, they play the guys that are on the bubble to make the team...for evaluation.

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My first chance to see THE PACK this year...I'm impressed. Wish you could all see it (for those fans not in Az. or Wisc.). They look sharp.

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers better not show Arizona everything they have...we play them again in January in the regular season. Could Arizona just be collecting film?

Members online

Latest posts