Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Cardinals 1/10: LOSE 51 - 45

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if Matthews finds consistent success rushing Warner, the Packers win fairly handily. This has kinda been how its gone since CM's started, though.

The Cards certainly cannot shut down our offense, so if they can't score, they're doomed.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see it being a close game, something like 24-20. Should be a good nail biter to the end. But itll come down to the Packers ARE the better team and will go play the Saints next week to set up the most epic NFC CG ever Packers vs Vikings.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see it being a close game, something like 24-20. Should be a good nail biter to the end. But itll come down to the Packers ARE the better team and will go play the Saints next week to set up the most epic NFC CG ever Packers vs Vikings.

The funny aspect I was thinking about was Minnesota's misfortunes in the Super Bowl, and to some extent the playoffs. Wouldn't it just be their luck that they'd have to face possibly the only team they match up poorly with in Arizona??? The only intriguing aspect of that game is to find out whether Colonel Klink still tries to spend two fruitless quarters establishing the non-existent running game, or if he can shelve the pride and do what got 'em there.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody slightly worried, though? I mean I haven't heard ONE talking head or writer pick Arizona yet and I've been searching feverishly.

I've learned from the past that when this happens, keep your head on a swivel and don't get lulled to sleep thinking all is *****-dory. I'm beginning to smell a BIG, FAT RAT.
Well, you haven't watch ESPN much lately, or gone to Yahoo! sports...

I'm very afraid. The Cardinals are a damn good team, with the #2 best quarterback in the history of the NFL in the playoffs (guess who he's behind).

I just think we're a better team, that has the talent and confidence to beat anyone we play anywhere...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know - if you're of the "match-up" camp, then you see a Cardinals team that does not match up well with Green Bay on offense or defense. But, there is also the 'on any given Sunday" camp that doesn't believe certain games have near predetermined outcomes before the game is played.

All I know is that Green Bay's offense and defense dominated the Cards 1st string (to what extent, is unknown) in the pre-season as well as whatever string played last Sunday. Either I have been hoodwinked once again (the first being this past pre-season where Green Bay looked like the new Patriots), or I am pretty dead-on, balls-accurate.

The Packers offense has been held to under 21 points ONE TIME this season - 17 to Dallas, yet they still won. The question is whether Arizona's crumbling offense can keep pace - I think not.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know - if you're of the "match-up" camp, then you see a Cardinals team that does not match up well with Green Bay on offense or defense. But, there is also the 'on any given Sunday" camp that doesn't believe certain games have near predetermined outcomes before the game is played.

All I know is that Green Bay's offense and defense dominated the Cards 1st string (to what extent, is unknown) in the pre-season as well as whatever string played last Sunday. Either I have been hoodwinked once again (the first being this past pre-season where Green Bay looked like the new Patriots), or I am pretty dead-on, balls-accurate.

The Packers offense has been held to under 21 points ONE TIME this season - 17 to Dallas, yet they still won. The question is whether Arizona's crumbling offense can keep pace - I think not.
When GB's D held the opponent to under 30 yards, they won.

When GB's OL held Rodgers to less than 5 sacks, except for the Steelers game, they won.

We've played pretty well so far. But like you said, any given sunday. If Rodgers thinks he can just lay back and throw deep balls all day, we're gonna have a long day. If our D can't take Warner off the field, and keeps rushing 3 or 4 on third downs, we're gonna have a long day...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the most difficult post-season to get a handle on that I ever remember.

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the most difficult post-season to get a handle on that I ever remember.

yea it brings a literal meaning to wildcard. All i can hope is that we can lock up our game and show them the best run d in franchise history. And let our offensive weapons be unleashed all over their defense. Is Rogers-Cromartie supposed to play or is he still hurt?

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I have heard since I listen to Jason Wilde's podcasts and he usually goes over anything like that. My impression was that DRC will most likely play. Boldin is still a game-time decision.

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I have heard since I listen to Jason Wilde's podcasts and he usually goes over anything like that. My impression was that DRC will most likely play. Boldin is still a game-time decision.

word drc is quite a threat but id say boldin could potentially be more of one wen it gets down to the business of making plays down the stretch. But the fact that their both hurt and both team leaders is definitely a plus for us.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
word drc is quite a threat but id say boldin could potentially be more of one wen it gets down to the business of making plays down the stretch. But the fact that their both hurt and both team leaders is definitely a plus for us.

Yeah, it definitely does help the Pack when those two guys are even remotely injured. I hope the Pack can capitalize off of it and not become too confident and just set their modes to "cruise control".

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it definitely does help the Pack when those two guys are even remotely injured. I hope the Pack can capitalize off of it and not become too confident and just set their modes to "cruise control".

Thats what im saying, we gotta stay on top of **** and not get cocky over last week and preseason because both of those games were not the cards' best. 2moro will be and all we can hope for is that we give them our best which personally seems like enough to reach the super bowl if we stay true to OUR game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am NOT cocky or over confident on this Packer team..

They could fall flat, but the way they been playing the 2nd half of the season suggest they wont ( 7-1 with the only loss no time left tip toe catch in end zone)

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am NOT cocky or over confident on this Packer team..

They could fall flat, but the way they been playing the 2nd half of the season suggest they wont ( 7-1 with the only loss no time left tip toe catch in end zone)

I agree they have been so hot down the stretch and if their focused their gonna be real focused because of the circumstances. I have a feeling the defense is gonna play tough and rodgers is gonna have a hell of a game. The likelihood of them falling flat is slim but the "any given sunday" could happen but i wouldnt bet on it. Like LONGTIME said they've been to good lately to just let it all slip away.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't see many ways Green Bay could lose this game. I can think of only two ways: Rodgers gets wobbly and/or Mac fails to adjust. That's not enough.

Without Boldin, the Pack can double Fitz and Beanie's good for a fumble or two. Anybody scared of Hightower?

Pack wins in convincing fashion.

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I havent been around here in a good while, but man am I pumped for this game... Lets hope its a bit better then this Ravens and Pats game though lol.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
If your a Raven's fan, this is a GREAT GAME. I hope it goes exactly like this except with a Packer spanking the cards again. Although I don't think it will be as easy as last week. I'm nervous about this game. Cards line played great against the Vikes, if they plaa like that against us it could be a long day.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The three teams that have won so far have come out and punched their opponent in the mouth and have the game in hand by the end of the first quarter. We should follow suit.

Members online

Latest posts