Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Bears - 9/25

GB2231

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With as much pride as groundskeepers take in their turf, that's pretty embarrassing. Of course, better to get it out of there since it unsafe regardless of whose field it is.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm watching the game on the NFL live drive stream thing since I can't get the game over here with Fox still off of Mediacom, and I must say, the Bears running game is complete ****. -1 rushing yard, WOWWWWWWW

GB2231

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the scoreboard indicates a closer game than what it was, but in the end it's a "W" against a division rival, so we'll take it! Bring on the lowly Broncos...

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Not sure how the ST can be so confused on which side Masthay was going to kick the ball... lucky for us there was a penalty. Sloppy game with a whole lot of stuff to fix, but a W never-the-less.

Hope Bulaga is ok.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
What really bothered me was the Cutler picked that got called back. Had that not been called back, it would have been a perfect, 3 sacks, 3 interceptions game. Oh well, I got 2 picks to add to my new Interception Machine video come end of the season.

How about our defense stopping the run? They only had 4 rushing yards in that whole game. I know our pass defense is a bit shaky but look at the rush. We stopped the Saints, who really are running the ball now with Ingram and Sproles. We stopped Carolina from putting 100 on us, and they had a decent rush attack last season. And look at the poor old Bears that can't even break 10 yards rushing on us with a running back LMAO.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are the best team in football. Remember that. For all of our mistakes, we are still better than our competition. We won the game, sure there are things we need to work on but we have 3-0. This team is VERY strong. Not perfect, there is no such thing, but we are the best. I'm damn proud of the Packers and their win over the Bears. This always seems to be a close game no matter how good the Packers are playing. As long as we come away with the win, I'm a purring little kitten. We have much to celebrate, we are well on the way to a repeat SB!

Congrats Packers!!! :)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
No word coming out of Green Bay on Bulaga....

That punt return called back .... more proof that Slocum couldn't find his *** with both hands. The entire coverage unit had NO idea where the ball was. Even the Fox cameras were fooled but gawd awmighty that was embarrassing to watch....

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I don't remember Starks ever losing a fumble in a game before. Has he ever? He sure seemed to have a bad hair day today.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
...and right after I post that I see that Rob Demovsky of the GB PressGazette tweeted that 2 people in the Packs locker room said that Bulaga DID NOT tear his ACL

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Now McCarthy says it's a bruised knee ... don't know why but I have a feeling that he'll end up on I.R. ... sorry Mike, too many red herrings in the past. Hoping it's a bruise but it looked a helluva lot uglier than a 'bruise'.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
Like a few others, I wanted to complain about how badly we were fooled on special teams and really find out whether there was a legitimate holding call on Chicago. I've never seen such a well concealed special teams play as the Bears and the complete lack of communication by the Pack. But, I'll take Kitten's advice on the game as a whole because the win was convincing.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things I got excited about:

Jermichael Finley.
Run defense. Forte got 2 yards, and Cutler was the leading rusher with 11 garbage time rushing yards. Reminds me of when Fritz "The Blitz" Shurmur held Barry Sanders to -2 yards in a playoff game.
Aaron Rodgers. On target as usual, barring an Urlacher interception, which I expected coming into this game anyway. 297 yards, 3 TDs, nabbed us the win.
Execution on 3rd down. Packers converted on key 3rd downs, including one at the end of the game to keep the Bears off the field.
Randall Cobb. You could've sworn he was going to break out for another TD, and he's great receiving, too.
Ryan Grant. Got back to 2007 form, at least for this game. Shredded the Bears run defense with a 100-yard game.

Things I got concerned about:

James Starks. He just didn't have it today. Negative yardage and a lost fumble. Thank goodness for Grant.
Charlie Peprah. Not consoling my concerns for a secondary without Collins, he missed out on coverage on both of Cutler's 2 TD passes. He laid down a powerful hit on Johnny Knox, though.
Penalties. Wasn't like last year, but they made a lot of preventable mental mistakes that led to penalties erasing key plays such as a Burnett interception. The Bears were a lot more mistake-prone than we were, though.
Pass Defense. I'm still uneasy about the pass defense. They got two picks, but also gave up 300 pass yards to Cutler, and 1100 passing yards in 3 games. Whatever's going on in that secondary other than Collins, Capers needs to take care of it.
Bryan Bulaga. Got injured due to an ugly play. Hope he's okay, he'll be in my prayers. Newhouse did good in his place, even if he had shaky run blocking.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Contain Forte, and Peppers and you beat the bears nearly every time. Cutler looked like garbage, had 1 over throw per every 3 passes it seemed not to mention a couple picks. It was sloppy again and i kind of get this feeling that one of these weeks we are going to play a good team that is going to wax us due to sloppy plays. Bring on the Broncos

Latest posts