Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Bears 12/13: WIN 21-14

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here we go again. The Bear Cubs are going to be hosting the rolling Packers. I have a feeling it is not going to be a pretty game for Mr. Cutler.

Our Packers need to win this game to keep their playoff hopes alive. I know our boys can do it!

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't I read somewhere that if we win this game, we'll be in the playoffs as a wild card no matter what?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't I read somewhere that if we win this game, we'll be in the playoffs as a wild card no matter what?
I said that the probabilities if we win is that we make it. Because we'll have one game lead if Giants win, or two game lead if Eagles win, and we'll have Seattle at home and the Arizona backups to play...

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On paper we are the better team. But somehow Chicago has a knack for getting crazy bounces and ST scores (gulp!). They have nothing to lose and would love nothing more than beat us and make our chances to get a wild card all that more difficult. We have to go down there, take care of business and not turn the ball over. If we do these things we should be victorious.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks people for responding, I knew I wasn't crazy. I remembered I read that in PackersLounge. I really hope McCarthy can come through because this game is more important then one might expect not knowing the implications for WC spots.

BTW Leinart is the Back-Up AZ QB or did Matt St. Pierre claim that spot?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every game right now is currently a must win. While i doubt the Giants will catch up to take over our spot, it's important to win in order to keep the momentum going. Oh yeah, if Favre and the queens do manage to screw up the rest of the way, there's certainly the possibility that we could take over the division and possible get a first round bye.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Their special teams are going to be a PITA all day I suspect. That is one area they have a distinct advantage. Our drives are gonna be starting deep in our own territory while they start close to mid field is my guess. That is a huge advantage. And the Bears would LOVE, absolutely LOVE to play spoiler. I think this is gonna be our most difficult game for the rest of the season.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their special teams are going to be a PITA all day I suspect. That is one area they have a distinct advantage. Our drives are gonna be starting deep in our own territory while they start close to mid field is my guess. That is a huge advantage. And the Bears would LOVE, absolutely LOVE to play spoiler. I think this is gonna be our most difficult game for the rest of the season.

I think our most difficult game will be @ Arizona. People keep saying what if The Vikings lose a few more which would give us a chance to get a first round bye. Well that would mean that the Cardinals may also be playing for a first round bye if they keep winning, so I doubt they will sit everyone.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our most difficult game will be @ Arizona. People keep saying what if The Vikings lose a few more which would give us a chance to get a first round bye. Well that would mean that the Cardinals may also be playing for a first round bye if they keep winning, so I doubt they will sit everyone.

Exactly! I was just about to say the same thing. It's not a guarantee that arizone will sit out everybody. We left their starters with a bad taste in their mouth back in the preseason and i'm sure they will be out for revenge.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the Vikings more now, but I still leave a little hate for the Bears. We can't look ahead to the playoffs. It's still one at a time. We have to win on the line of scrimmage. The o-line has improved and our defense is growing stronger. Time to take care of business.:chisux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure he is not on punt returns or k/o?

I was at a friends house who is a HUGE Bears fan watching the Bear game, and he said that Hester has really been bad as of late...Quote he runs like he is afraid to get hit now

Members online

Latest posts