Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Bears - 1/23 - NFC Championship Game: WIN 21 - 14

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
beating chicago is like beating the whole division in one game.

Lions - Marinelli
Vikings - Tice

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Having the Packers raise the Halas trophy in Chicago would be gold. It truly would be something to talk about for generations. I really want hte Pack to win this game.

Of course some details that would be included is the Packers were injured, with our best tight end and running back out for practically the whole season. It was a season where our 3rd string had to step up to being starters, and every other game seemed to have some hero that through out the wholes season was never mentioned on TV before or just joined the team a few weeks ago. The season was truly a roller coaster, we swept the Vikings who were trying to peak, but the Lions clawed their way to victory once the first time in years, and our record with the Bears was 2 -1 though it really should be like 2 and 0, the Packers just beat themselves once while playing the Bears. It was the season when we actually had a back up QB start a game, and by golly he nearly went on to beat the Patriots one of the best teams in the AFC that year. Yeah that victory at Chicago was priceless.

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As good as the Bears D is, I don't think they will be able to stop our offense. Aaron is just playing at a level that is pretty much unstoppable. I also don't think the Bears offense will be able to do anything with our D. I'm as proud as our D as I am of our O. Cutler is going to have himself a time out there what with our D providing constant pressure. He will make mistakes and we will make him pay for it.

I'm actually very confident about this game. I believe in this team 100%. I don't think much of anything can stop them now save for themselves.

Hold onto your cheesehead hats, Packer fans, my spider sense is telling me the Packers will go to the SB and have a high probability of winning it. I feel something here, it's just a feeling, maybe I am being silly and getting caught up in emotions but I can't help it. I just believe. I believe.

i'd like to see Claythar the Destroyer take down cutler a few times.

but...that turf is awful, and somewhat plays in the bears favor. it seems to slow offenses down, and the pack are going to need a beefy running game to stick to.

mccarthy can be a maddening head coach sometimes. his gameplan has to be, i think, fairly aggressive to start. that probably seems obvious, but i just wonder how much that godawful turf is going to affect their approach.

i'm thinking this is going to be a really physical game, and i just hope the packers can hold up. especially rodgers, since he's been banged up a few times this year.

PackerDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

How 'bout some MATTY ICE love!!!!

css9450

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "vanilla theory" makes ABSOLUTELY no sense. You're Lovie Smith... You have the 2nd Seed locked up and can't possibly improve your standing... Why risk injury to your starters by playing them to lose? If Lovie Smith played his starters the entire game with vanilla play-calling, he should be fired right now.

I agree. I've heard it about 10,000 times the past couple weeks... "The Packers managed only 10 points in a must-win game against a Bears team that had nothing to gain by winning".

If the Bears win on Sunday, then Week 17 is just a footnote to history. If the Packers win, that Week 17 game is going to loom HUGE in perfect hindsight. Lovie and his staff should be fired on live TV.

I say NOTHING will be finer than stomping the Bears on their own crappy field and hoisting the Halas Trophy right then and there. Go Pack!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Vanilla my ***. To play your starters in a meaningless game and expose them to injury while playing to..... what?
If I was a Bare fan I'd be saying that too. But the fact remains that Dom Capers and his street thugs held them to 3 points and befuddled Cutler all game.
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the one factor the Bears will have to deal with:
The Starks factor. He only had 5 carries on the day last time. He'll see more. I'd love to see how they slow him down on that crappy field.
The Packers are playing with a whole new intensity in the playoffs. Besides, I'd have to commit Hari Kiri if the Packers lose.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

not promising a win but couldnt resist this to post

courtney28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey! Go PACK!
2 die-hard Packer fans from Canada comin' down to Chicago this weekend....where's the party at???

oregonfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greetings from Eugene Oregon. Lots of pack fans here. Football is so popular here, but still nothing in comparison to Green Bay Football, Green Bay fans etc.

:chisux:

Foot Ball is Green Bay!!!!! period.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e09uPUXmihk]YouTube - Clay Matthews is a scumbag - Bears vs Packers 9.27.10[/ame]

GPLDAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is pretty funny.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbzjmlCMvD0]YouTube - Rick Reilly interviews Jay Cutler[/ame]

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still remember Bears fans calling Nick Collins the N word...

I remember that very well. That still makes me sick to my stomach. When I first heard about it I wanted to create a wormhole and find that fan and teach him some proper respect. I was even madder when I found out they were thinking of fining Nick for his reaction to it.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
typical bears fans

That is terrible! Do the Bears fans have screws loose in their heads! All that's going to do is make Clay mad! Now do you really want to make him mad? For the love of God! They do realize he's gonna take Cutler off to Nevernever Land now. It's kind of like don't tug on Superman's cape.

On second thought, let them play all they want. A mad Clay is actually better for the Packers! Attack!

Members online

Latest posts