Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Bears - 1/23 - NFC Championship Game: WIN 21 - 14

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
That was EXCELLENT!!!! So much fun!!! I watched it twice!!!!!

LOL... this was pertaining to Franks video! (Watched it twice and more posts got in there!)

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
YouTube - BP I'm a Guy, with Aaron Rodgers.MOV

Probably should have it's own thread, but there are so many already, so here!

I can't tell you how much I loved that. I've been in the music business for about a hundred years :lol:, and that warmed my heart like nothing else I've seen leading up to this game.

THANK YOU for sharing that!
GO GET 'EM AARON!!! GO PACK GO!!! :happy0005:

Packerstud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Game Thoughts?

I believe Rodgers won't have a real great day throwing yards wise. Still good for a couple of TDs with no picks.

Our running game will total 125+ and a TD. Starks gets close to 100 yards.

Big D game with the Tondra out manning Chi's D. Matthews and Williams have huge days.

Special teams play OK, with Crosby having a great directional day. Still Hester gives da bears good field position most of the day.

Packers win by 17
:chisux:

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you for the most part.
I think Rodgers will put up more yards than ppl think though. In the first game he was hitting 85 for huge chunks of yards on a few plays and the rest of the Wrs are playing great right now.

I hope we DO NOT punt to Hester though.... He's w/o a doubt their most dangerous weapon.

My other worry would be the field conditions, but I guess if they get through 1 game in hell (soldier field) they can play the nxt game in Heaven! (Dallas for the SB!!!!!)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got this feeling that Quarless is going to have a big day. Also, I look for the Packers to kick it up another notch (if that is possible) on aggressiveness. Capers will blitz on most plays, forcing Cutler to make quick and hopefully incorrect decisions.

Packers 27 bears 17.

Quarless 6-110 1 td
1 pick 6 by defense (collins?)
Rodgers 22-31 265 3 tds
7 sacks

Cutler 3 ints.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fear Hester alone almost more than all the Bears combined. He can do some serious damage with field position to put the Bears in position to score. That's the one thing that worries me, knowing that special teams are a weak link in our armor.

I still think the one, two punch of our offense and defense will be more than enough to compensate for any short comings of the ST with regards to Hester. It may make me cover my eyes up on a few plays though, at least until I am assured of the Packers winning.

Punting/ Kicking staff! Do NOT kick the freakin football to Hester!

If we shut down Hester, we shut down a huge part of the Bears gameplan. They count on him getting field position so their offense doesn't have to do as much work. Especially given the Packers D.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say Rodgers goes 20/30, 200 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

Packers 17
Bears 13

If the Packers stop Forte and don't turn the ball over, we win.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers is going to get around 325 yds passing with 3 passing tds and 1 rushing. I don't see this as a close game that is won in the trenches. I think the Packers are going to come out aggressive and with a sense of purpose to shove it down there throats from the kick. I think they will go down field in large chunks. I still think starks will get around 80 yds rusing.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I think the Packers are going to show up for all 4 quarters and the Bears for 3. And that will make the difference. I can see Starks being a threat and Raji playing two more plays on offense. I can see one major play early in the game the Packers are going to mess up on and then tighten down. I am praying its an incomplete pass. Also I want to say there will be a safety by one of the teams. If its on us, it would be for a holding call.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Best man at my wedding is as HUGE Bears fan

We talked today for about 35 mins on the game

His 1st words when he picked up the phone was

I am very worried

He thinks we have just to much on offense for the Bears to win..And thinks our defense is one of the best he has seen in ages

However he said for the Bears to win, they need luck like a Hester return and maybe one or two picks or fumbles

He sees no way how Rodgers will screw up at all..Expects Cutler to be off and our D to do lot of damage

His score..

24-20

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best thing about the Bears playing an awful seahawks defense is the heightened sense of self worth it gave them. Cutler liked chucking the ball all over the field and having it work. He is going to want to do it again tomorrow instead of being conservative. There are going to be more than a few opportunities for picks. Let us hope the D takes full advantage.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
My mom who is just a casual Packers fan said don't worry the Packers will win. Was nice just hear that. But yeah I think the Bears puffed themselves up at the right time and we can pop them.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
My mom who is just a casual Packers fan said don't worry the Packers will win. Was nice just hear that. But yeah I think the Bears puffed themselves up at the right time and we can pop them.

I literally gasped when I read that!!! An oxymoron if I ever heard one!!! lol

Its do or die woman!!! LIFE OR DEATH!!!!! LOL!!!

yeaaaaaaay for moms though!!!, ...and her casual words of wisdom!!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Hey thats my mom :p Nah, she was once a Bears fan, went to one of thier games and hated how the fans treated the opposing team and decided that she would rather associate herself with the Packers whom were great to her when she went to a Packers game even when wearing a Bears jersey. Only downside is they expiremented and saw what would happen if they raised one child a Packers fan and the other a Bears. A lot of fights is what it caused.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, I'm starting to feel not so confident. Maybe it's just the jitters. I've been kinda 50/50 all week but now I'm starting to swing to the other side like 25/75. Hope it's just nerves...

Every year for a long time now has ended in disappointment. I'm ready for a change in fortune dammit! We expect a lot out of these Packers, we expect them to win EVERY year. God I want them to win.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best thing about the Bears playing an awful seahawks defense is the heightened sense of self worth it gave them. Cutler liked chucking the ball all over the field and having it work. He is going to want to do it again tomorrow instead of being conservative. There are going to be more than a few opportunities for picks. Let us hope the D takes full advantage.

not so much Cutler, but Mike Martz's gameplan, you know he LOVES to throw the rock...if that can burn some possessions for them, it will be a HUGE difference in winning this game:chisux:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I agree my confidence fell a little, but I don't think the Packers have and they are the one that counts, they will be out on hte field not me. So Go Pack Go.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts