Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Bears - 1/23 - NFC Championship Game: WIN 21 - 14

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Bears reporter asks Rodgers "You played the bears, they let you in, what do you expect this time around" Wow, kind of a subtle insult near the end of the video.

Video Gallery

Chicago must breed thick skulls. I can even tell you how many times I've argued with a Bears fan about them "letting us in." They played their starters the WHOLE GAME.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
didn't seattle score more then 20 points against the bears...SEATTLE..right?........the SEAHAWKS scored 20+....????????????? the BEARS D...........really? Aaron is going to do a little better then that

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I loved the analogy in one of ivo's many articles, that the Packers are going to be like Scooby Doo and take off the mask the Bears are wearing that make people think they are good.:chisux:

Go Pack Go! Win it for everything its worth to you.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
didn't seattle score more then 20 points against the bears...SEATTLE..right?........the SEAHAWKS scored 20+....????????????? the BEARS D...........really? Aaron is going to do a little better then that

Armand - The Bears will just say they were letting up to throw off Green Bay. That is what differeriates the Packers from the Bears, and for 2 years that was the Packers biggest flaw. Our Offense was great and get a lead and our Defense would blow it. My has that changed.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Armand - The Bears will just say they were letting up to throw off Green Bay. That is what differeriates the Packers from the Bears, and for 2 years that was the Packers biggest flaw. Our Offense was great and get a lead and our Defense would blow it. My has that changed.

you know what I also like, the Packers have a legitimate chip on their should, b/c the general opinion of the media is that the "bears let you in the playoffs"...I expect that to be used by MM & the leaders of the Pack! go get'em!!!!! GO PACK GO:chisux:

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago must breed thick skulls. I can even tell you how many times I've argued with a Bears fan about them "letting us in." They played their starters the WHOLE GAME.

To be fair, I think if they stick to riding Matt Forte in that game and they were in a do or die situation like we were... We wouldn't have won that game. JMO.

Grant even said it seemed like they were half assing it from his view on the sideline.

I don't know if they were or weren't but that was absolutely not an impressive showing by us at home.

Hope it goes differently for us this time around.

Eh, they scored zero against the Bears. All those points were garbage time points. That defense let up and the Seahawks got some favorable breaks. I don't take too much of anything from that game. It was the Seahawks. God they blow.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Armand, I am not trying to pick a fight with this statement. But I don't think the Packers need a chip on their shoulders to win, I don't think the Packers are thinking its the Bears. I am thinking the Packers are thinking. We just need to win 8 more quarters of football.

They just manhandled one of their key opponents this year(Falcons), they beat the man on fire (Vick), they got the win they needed versus the Bears. They are rolling and at this point anything else is a distraction looking to distract them long enough for them to slow down.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Armand, I am not trying to pick a fight with this statement. But I don't think the Packers need a chip on their shoulders to win, I don't think the Packers are thinking its the Bears. I am thinking the Packers are thinking. We just need to win 8 more quarters of football.

They just manhandled one of their key opponents this year(Falcons), they beat the man on fire (Vick), they got the win they needed versus the Bears. They are rolling and at this point anything else is a distraction looking to distract them long enough for them to slow down.

Agreed with the first part.

No team should need EXTRA motivation for this game. It's the right to go to the friggin Super Bowl. If you can't get fired up to your utmost for this game, you shouldn't be playing the sport.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score

no problem, but since you quoted me, allow me to explain the purpose of my post

the point of my post was to provide an example of the packers not being "respected"...i listen to Sirius NFL radio all the time...i swear about 20 bear fans call in throughout the day and all they want to talk about is that the bears are disrespected b/c everyone thinks GB will win...that's why i stated that post to provide an example that we are being disrespected as well

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No team should need EXTRA motivation for this game. It's the right to go to the friggin Super Bowl. If you can't get fired up to your utmost for this game, you shouldn't be playing the sport.

i completely agree, if you can't get fired up to play as a PRO in the most important game of your career you don't belong, agreed redbird

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i always find it comical. like for this ONE game you're gonna get all fired up because you're suddenly disrespected? how would a team go 4-12 if they could do that every week? i know the answer...lack of talent. but that's what's so funny. it's like if you suck, you suck. it's not about being disrespected, you're just not that good.

sorry just had to rant a little. bears players are totally playing up the disrespected thing, too. it's pretty ridiculous.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

Which is why I believe the people who are complaining about us posting positive things about the team are being ridiculous.

Do you really believe that a jinx is going to be the cause of our team losing? Do you really believe that our team will lose because Ryan Grant or Jermichael Finley said something? I don't think so. I truly believe we are the more talented team, so it comes down to if our players don't have their heads in the game, then we won't win. Plain AND simple.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I agree on looking at the brightside isn't jinxing anything, think of the opposite end. Bears fans doing everything they can to look good. And Krymestone, we hear you, Bears fans think that their team is tough **** yet they had the weaker schedule, their playoff run so far isn't that impressive. Held down a team that fizzled after a great game at home. The Packers/Falcons game started out just like last time, the Falcons had the Packers right where they wanted them from the start, playing catch up. Once the Pack got a hold of the game, they didn't let go. The Bears slipped after the half. If they would of shut out the Seahawks that would of been impressive, if the Seahawks didn't make blunders of not catching Cutler's passes too them, we would have more reason to believe Cutler is a good QB.

Also what kind of statement would it have been for the Bears to sweep the Division, kept the Packers out of the playoffs and go on down the road to win the Lombardi? Something that would of been great for them.

Now lets twist this to now. The Bears failed to beat the Packers, Packers go on to beat the Eagles, then beat the Falcons, and now is set to go against the Bears, the team that could of kept them out. Now the Packers are hot and are favored at a home game in the Bears' stadium (quite disgraceful to the Bears community if you ask me). What do you tell the players of the Bears if you are the head coach?

We should of? Could of? We will? That game was a fluke? I failed as a head coach that game? It was a mistake that we need to correct? Lets stop the Packers?

I mean honestly, the Packers lost the first game by making stupid mistakes, the Bears had a chance to prove them wrong at week 17 rematch and failed.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean honestly, the Packers lost the first game by making some mistakes, and because the refs chose to flag 3 close calls that were interceptions or TDs for us, and they chose not to flag the Bears when Hawk was shoved forward 5 yards on an illegal block on Hester's HUGE PR touchdown, and on James Jones last minute fumble along the sideline that mysteriously stopped one inch before hitting the sideline.
Corrected for accuracy :eek:)

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Thanks FrankRizzo,
I got sick of blaming the refs on that one. I think we all just really want a Packers beat down on the Bears with as little flags on possible called against the Pack.

oregonfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the year again! Same as in 96-97. Same feeling then, have no doubts now.
buy your packer sports memoriabilia now.

oregonfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hey RedBird. Ill bet you are a E. Depere RedBird? Right?
I was in the early 80s. Great School.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
This is the year again! Same as in 96-97. Same feeling then, have no doubts now.
buy your packer sports memoriabilia now.

If Packers make it I plan on buying a Packers super bowl jersey. And I was wondering how many people are going to have to buy an upgraded jacket, if they win it all.

oregonfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lived in Green Bay then and took off on a Road trip with friends to New Orleans just for the fun of it, didn't have lots of money game tickets and all. Was a great break from winter and a special time I'll always remember. Wish I could go to Dallas for the party this time, but absolutely can't because of family reasons.
This economy has decimated me, but I'll be getting some more packer keepsakes for me and my boy online. I'm tired of Oregon Duck stuff here, although I like them, and the passion doesn't even compare to the Packers.:happy0005:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Try keeping up with getting Ducks jerseys. :p The great thing with the Pack is our jerseys haven't changed much from the 60's. Though the Bears haven't changed in forever it seems like, look at the 1941 game and you can see how much changed.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1fO2nz7idA&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - BP I'm a Guy, with Aaron Rodgers.MOV[/ame]

Probably should have it's own thread, but there are so many already, so here!

January 22nd, 2011

GREEN BAY - Brad Paisley might be country music’s Entertainer of the Year, but he wasn’t the biggest star at his own concert Thursday night in Ashwaubenon.

Paisley’s performance of “I’m Still a Guy” was interrupted by a surprise appearance by Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Well, it was a surprise to the audience, probably not to Paisley. “This is a class act,” he said of Rodgers, at one point referring to those who might don the opponents' apparel this weekend and “sissy Bears fans.”
Then Paisley finishes the song. At one point, Rodgers takes part of the chorus, then pumps his fist as though he had just hit Donald Driver in the end zone.
The Green Bay Press-Gazette points out that Packers guard Josh Sitton, tackle Bryan Bulaga, kicker Mason Crosby and about a dozen other players made it on stage at the end of the concert, toasting with red plastic cups during Paisley’s performance of “Alcohol.”

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts