Official Game Day Thread: Lions @ Packers - 10/3: WIN 28 - 26

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so time for the thread?

34-3. yeah that bad. They have been getting chewed out all week, so I expect domination.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the Lions, all the wrath from the Bears game is going to come down on the heads of the Lions. We have to win this game, the Vikings and Bears both beat them, there is no reason we shouldn't. Off to hunt some Lion!!! Go Packers!!!! :detsux:

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LB Brandon Chillar (shoulder) did not practice.

LT Chad Clifton (knees), S Nick Collins (knee), S Charlie Peprah (quad) and CB Charles Woodson (toe) were limited.

LB Brad Jones (knee) and DE Mike Neal (ribs) practiced fully.

Coach Mike McCarthy said Neal would have to go through a full practice on Thursday and recover well on Friday to be full go.

Clifton is ahead of where he was a week ago, so McCarthy said that's a positive.

Even though Jones appeared to take most of the first-team reps in jogthroughs, McCarthy said Frank Zombo is the starter at ROLB right now. "It is something we have talked about here since I have arrived. You have to be available and you need to be accountable, and Brad is going through an injury situation right now. I’m not sure if he is healthy enough to play Sunday, so we’re going to play the prepared players. We’re going to play the experienced players. I felt as a staff, particularly the last two weeks, that we have been way too up-and-down during the course of the week of trying to prepare players based on their health situation, and waiting on a certain number of individuals to get healthy by the end of the week. So it is something that I actually addressed in the team meeting today, and I don’t know if that is why you are asking the question, but it was addressed today, the ability to prepare and play the prepared player over going back and forth all week. Frank Zombo is the starting outside linebacker today."

McCarthy is hopeful RB Dimitri Nance, who was inactive on Monday night, can help the Packers this week. "I’m really going to give him an opportunity to maybe even get up on special teams. I think he’s done some things in his time already, just on the coverage unit and things like that. You just really look at the combination of potentially having three halfbacks as opposed to three fullbacks too is definitely a consideration. He’s fighting for some playing time."

McCarthy said he is satisfied with the system he has setup for possible replay challenges. He said none of the coaches in the booth had a replay of the Jones fumble, so McCarthy went with what he saw in front of him.

A league spokesman said the NFL is still reviewing the Collins-fan incident and would likely rule on it Friday. McCarthy said he addressed it with the team. "Just reinforced that we need to be smart in those types of situations," he said.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JON KITNA
Game 2, '08: Kitna, passed for 276, but Pack scored 24 in the final 5 minutes (including two pick-sixes) to win, 48-25.
DAN ORLOVSKY
Game 16, '08: Rodgers had over 300 yards and three TDs against Lions for second straight time in 31-21 win.
DAUNTE CULPEPPER
Game 6, '09: Culpepper (hurt in the third) and Drew Stanton had 105 yards and three picks in 26-0 loss.
MATTHEW STAFFORD
Game 11, '09: Rodgers passed for 348 and another three TDs, but Stafford had four picks in 34-12 loss.
SHAUN HILL
Game 4, '10: It's a blank slate for the Lions' relief quarterback, named to start Sunday. He has not faced Green Bay.

Eis Bowl

Touchdown Artist
Reaction score
Well I'll be there taking my wife to her first game finally. I'm hoping to see a massacre but at least a bit of a game made out of it from Detroit.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Neal recovers and is able to play.... I really want to see him in action! He's needed depth on that d-line.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know bears game was bad but if they play without a lot of penalties,they will beat the lions know they have a good d-line but seemed they gave up on vikes,when they stared the run game maybe brandon jackson day here go pack.

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I'll be there taking my wife to her first game finally. I'm hoping to see a massacre but at least a bit of a game made out of it from Detroit.

Awesome! I bet she's thrilled! I chose my first trek to Lambeau (wait, I'm getting a little choked up at thought of actually doing this ).. to be the game vs the Cowboys.. coming all the way from San Antonio to see my Packers kick some Cowboy butt.

"Calling me a Cheesehead, is like telling me I'm strikingly beautiful" M. Banks

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should be an easy win for the Packers. Packers should be angry. Javid Best is hurting. Shaun Hill is starting. Arod should be lighting up the weak secondary.

3-1 by Sunday afternoon... GO PACK!

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we better pull this one off, oh man packer fans heads would explode if we somehow managed to lose this.

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect the lions to be able to score....just not as much as us.

38-14 Pack

Oh and 10 sacks from CM3 to make up for last week B)

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
After last week, I actually have some apprehension about this game. Ugh..... Time to shine Packers, they better not F up as much as last week or I'll go insane.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel you, Murgen! My nerves are still shot from last Monday night. I don't like for my cage to be rattled! I would think M.M. put the fear of the Football Gods into them. I think they'll be on their game today but oh my tummy has wicked butterflies!!! Or maybe it's just the Buffalo wing sauce...???

John L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look for Finley to have a huge game!

-----
Vote 5 starsfor me daily until Nov. 10 in the mywranglerstory contest. I won week one and now have a Vikings fan chasing my vote total.
My Wrangler Story

Members online

Latest posts