Official Game Day Thread: Cowboys @ Packers - 11/7: WIN 45 - 7

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Jones but man he drops alot of balls, hell our whole recieving core has dropped alot of balls. Jones complaining about opportunities man the first couple of weeks he and jfin was getting all the balls. Greg sat back and didnt say anything until he saw people dropping passes and fumbling, then he spoke up.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
My Mother in law, my Son in law, and my daughter are all Cowboys fans. I've got a lot of pride riding on this game. I hope the Pack humbles Roy Williams and his "we'll win 9 straight attitude".

On another note, I'm surprised that Cowboys fans haven't been over here talking trash even though their record is so bad. They usually have a lot of hubris because they consider themselves "America's Team". Of course we all know who is the "World's Team".

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy was asked if he expected to activate CB Al Harris and S Atari Bigby this week. “We’ll have those conversations today,” McCarthy said. “I’m not going to get into ifs and buts and percentages.”
LG Daryn Colledge, who returned to practice Friday from a back injury, expects to play Sunday. “I get paid to play football,” Colledge said. “I’m paid to show up and go to work.”
WR Jordy Nelson said he expects to be the primary kick returner Sunday. Nelson said he took most of the reps this week in practice.
The Packers could be without tight end Andrew Quarless (shoulder) Sunday. Quarless did not practice Friday. “He … had a little bit of a setback after practicing yesterday,” McCarthy said. “We’ll see how he is tomorrow, but like I said, he took a step backwards today.”
McCarthy said he’d like to make a decision on DE Ryan Pickett (ankle) on Saturday, instead of waiting until Sunday night. “Ryan looked the best he’s looked in a number of weeks,” McCarthy said. “(Defensive line coach) Mike Trgovac put him through a number of drills and specific things to test the ankle. We’ll see how he is in the morning.”
Packers RB James Starks (hamstring) has to be activated from the PUP list by Monday to be eligible to play this year. “I don’t know what’s going to happen,” Starks said. “I’m feeling good, feeling better each day. I hope they activate me, but right now no one has said anything.”
McCarthy also said he’s been cautious this week with OLB Clay Matthews (shin). “Just being smart with Clay, and it’s important for him to get the jog-through and the mental work,” McCarthy said. “We’re just taking a cautious approach. He’ll be ready to go Sunday.”
Defensive coordinator Dom Capers andTrgovac both agreed that NT B.J. Raji was the MVP of the defensive line at mid-season.
CB Tramon Williams was asked if he was happy Vikings WR Randy Moss is now out of the NFC North. “It doesn’t matter,” Williams said. “I didn’t see much of a difference if he was there or not.”
Post a Comment

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Got our game day foods/ drinks all bought!!! ticktock!!! :drinks:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I just want to see Keith Brooking do his horrible pump up speech prior to the snap and then watch replays of us owning them, wishful thinking but not far fetched

Yeah, I want to hear him say Lambeau is their house, and they are gonna kick the Packers ***. "THIS IS OUR HOUSE! THIS IS OUR HOUSE!"

Ugh... No it's not, you only wish it was with your No home field advantage megaplex you play in.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I wanna see Woodson smack the grin off Williams face. LOL.... like last time "I got a catch, I'm running down the.......opps, WHERE'S THE BALL!???"

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
I think we will have no problem beating Dallas as long as we keep our foot on the throttle. It seems almost every time we have the chance of blowing someone out we take our foot off of there throat and they start a comeback. If we stay up after we get up, I don't see us losing.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we will have no problem beating Dallas as long as we keep our foot on the throttle. It seems almost every time we have the chance of blowing someone out we take our foot off of their throat and they start a comeback. If we stay up after we get up, I don't see us losing.
I'm afraid that's gonna happen here too.
Plus Dallas has no pressure anymore as they're basically dead regardless.
We have the pressure in this game.

I'd like to see our offense get back, but no Driver or Finley, and Dallas shut us down last year and the year before even when Rodgers was rolling. So I don't see our offense rolling big tomorrow either. That means the game will be close.

Remember, if not for Woodson's heroics last year, we'd have lost. That game was 3-0 entering the 4th quarter.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Packers NEVER blow anybody out. Never pile on points. Seems like we play to the level of the opponent. Makes us look lazy.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Game day is tough for me. When I was playing Little League baseball, I would vomit before each game. I could not relax until I fielded a play at my 3rd base position. When I read about pro football players, I was surprized that so many were so hyped for the game that they vomited.

*Playing Cowboys Sunday night, will vomit about 1 hour before kickoff*

Hope I didn't ruin your appetites..lol.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Look for LB Brandon Chillar to play a lot, probably in place of Desmond Bishop in passing situations. Chillar will be in charge of covering Cowboys tight end Jason Witten, who has 19 catches for 192 yards and two touchdowns in the last two games. Chillar will have to cover him one-on-one quite a bit to allow defensive coordinator Dom Capers to blitz .

2. Expect a lot of "psycho" defense from the Packers. The one thing Green Bay doesn't want to do is slug it out with Dallas' massive offensive line. They want to use their speed and agility to make the Cowboys' big timber move its feet. The one-lineman, five-linebacker defense can cause confusion and force blockers to have to adjust on the move.

3. Watch CB Sam Shields vs. WR Dez Bryant. Charles Woodson will probably cover Miles Austin most of the day and Tramon Williams will match up with Roy Williams. That leaves the 6-2, 217-pound Bryant on the 5-11, 184-pound Shields. To date, people haven't picked on Shields, but with three quality receivers to defend, the Packers won't be able to help Shields all day long.

4. Run, run, run. The Cowboys probably don't want Jon Kitna to throw 49 times like he did last week against Jacksonville. Somehow they've got to get the trio of Marion Barber, Felix Jones and Tashard Choice going. They're going to try to establish the run. The Packers should get DE Ryan Pickett back, which means on first downs they can go with three double-wides across the front line (B.J. Raji and Howard Green are the other two). The Packers need to follow up their strong performance against the run last week with another.

5. Throw, throw, throw. The most dangerous guy on the field for the Packers is OLB DeMarcus Ware. If they can contain him, they've got a chance to have a big day. The Cowboys are allowing a 105.4 passer rating to opposing quarterbacks this season and if you can block up their outside threats, you can have a big day against their secondary.

6. Expect the Packers to move WR Greg Jennings around quite a bit in this game. He's good at getting off bump coverage, but if he's off the line, he can go in motion and be used up the middle the way Jermichael Finley was. In three-receiver sets, you can always replace a tight end route with a receiver route. The Packers are probably going to get the ball in his hands a lot and see what he can do after the catch.

7. Keep an eye on RT Bryan Bulaga. The Cowboys aren't stupid, so they're probably going to put Ware over on their left side to take advantage of a match-up against the rookie. Even if they don't, Anthony Spencer can cause trouble also. Bulaga hasn't been intimidated as a starter, but he also hasn't faced anyone like Ware. It could be a mismatch.

8. Don't assume P Tim Masthay has turned the corner completely. He's coming off a wonderful performance against the Jets, but it was just one game. He hasn't put together two dominating performances yet. It's true, his arrow has been pointed upward of late but all it will take is one line drive punt into the arms of Bryant to bring him down a couple notches.

9. You could write this every week, but the Packers have to establish some kind of running game. Dallas' front seven is weakened by a pair of suspect inside linebackers who have seen better days. With nose tackle Jay Ratliff not much of a factor lately, guards Daryn Colledge and Josh Sitton will have a chance to get out on the linebackers and open some big holes for Brandon Jackson.

10. Don't assume the Cowboys are knocked out. They're going to come to Lambeau Field and compete. They'll be away from their doubting and frustrated home fans, they've got nothing to lose and they're not going to be doing anything fancy. That makes them a bit of a dangerous team. If the Packers get up on them early, they might fold, but it if they hang around for awhile, the Packers could have a problem.

via jsonline

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Wow Ivo610!! Great pre-game analyisis!!! Better than the biased nfl channel! ahhh Just saw where its via Jsonline..but still!

Can't wait till game time!! why oh why do we get nearly every viqueens game,.and I didn't even get the dang nfl replay of the Packers/Jets game.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow Ivo610!! Great pre-game analyisis!!! Better than the biased nfl channel! ahhh Just saw where its via Jsonline..but still!

Can't wait till game time!! why oh why do we get nearly every viqueens game,.and I didn't even get the dang nfl replay of the Packers/Jets game.

LOL wish I was that good

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Im gonna make my pre game prediction- I think that while this is a trap game, we wont come out and disappoint. I think the cowboys will put up a solid fight, but not a very good one. 27-10 packers.

Members online

Latest posts