Official Bears vs Packers post-game thread [Merged Threads]

Reaction score
We shot ourselves in the foot.

Bears won, but it'd be more appropriate to say the Packers beat themselves.

We got our running game going, but we still lost. Turnovers killed us, we can't keep giving teams chances to win.

HomerJay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Official Bears vs Packers post-game thread.

And all those penalties....

What a painful game to watch...

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Official Bears vs Packers post-game thread.

I'm not so sure that a post-game thread is the way to go after this game. Talk about a total lack of desire in the 2nd half.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

all about da packers said:
We got our running game going, but we still lost. Turnovers killed us, we can't keep giving teams chances to win.

I agree 1000000000000000%..

People can say MM made us loose, but if you have that many mistakes in a game you probably will loose..

Clean up those mistakes and I think everyone would agree they would have won..

OP
OP
A
Reaction score

We were undisciplined, and again it goes back on the coach.

This was a game we could have easily had, damn I hate this loss.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well it did HURT, a lot..

But maybe this one will keep the team in the ground.

Maybe this one will give MM something to learn from.

Maybe this one will give the team something to learn too.

Maybe this one will take some pressure of the team and they will win again next week.

And I really hope this one wont break the team aura and we slide down with 4 lost games in the next 5 weeks.

Sometimes a good wake up call on time really helps you....

And I think the whole team should be ashamed, MM should apologize to the fans for the sorry, sorry game we have just witnessed.

I just hope this one wont wake up the bears too.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the third quarter just killed us

between brett's ******* 'handoff' to urlacher on our own goal line which, all of james jones' seven fumbles aside, turned the game around...also the fact that we stopped throwing to our recievers in the second half, rather to dig the 'underhanded shovel pass' from the playbook

i could talk about the time management on the last drive but i elect not to because it should never have come down to that

us at 5-0 and the bears at 1-4 would've been great because DET and MIN dont concern me at all...but this team just didn't want to win...i'd love to credit this to inexperience but i'm placing brett's first INT as the reason why this game completely turned around

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

all about da packers said:
We shot ourselves in the foot.

Bears won, but it'd be more appropriate to say the Packers beat themselves.

Agreed, we beat an Eagles team on turnovers and penalties, now we lost one because of those same mistakes. This is a young team that can learn from this, there is plenty of season left to go.

I also notice most of the forum has been fairly level-headed and not overreacting to this loss. :roll:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I also notice most of the forum has been fairly level-headed and not overreacting to this loss. :roll:

Yes, even Chamuko is trying to look on the bright side. And I think he's right. Maybe this team needed a wake-up call. It's a dirty shame to lose this game, though. If the Packers played decently and McCarthy didn't have BY FAR his worst day of game coaching, this not only would've been a Packer victory, it would've been a killing, something like 38-13.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score

Talking about taking care of the football and not having penalties.

McCarthy's right: to play the way the Packers did the first half and then lose the game is disappointing. Big time.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would have rather taken my learning lumps next week against the Skins after burying the Bears.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would have rather taken my learning lumps next week against the Skins after burying the Bears.

No kidding. The Pack could've put the stake through their heart tonight. But now they are still breathing. I still think the Pack will win the division, though.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I never think a loss is a good thing.

But hopefully this loss will humble our players a little.

The defense was sub-par. The offense was stale.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, look on the bright side....Brett got another record.

Seriously though, turnovers and penalties killed us. Yes, we should have won, and we lost. Yet tomorrow the sun will still rise, and we're still in 1st place. Hopefully everyone from MM on down will live and learn from this.

Just my two cents...be gentle please.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I never think a loss is a good thing.

But hopefully this loss will humble our players a little.

The defense was sub-par. The offense was stale.

Well, the running game was stale. Our O was fine, until we put 2 back sets in there and started running.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what I was afraid of

The team was not focused tonight. We had some nice plays but by and large this game should have been put away in the first quarter. The fumbles by Jones, Woodson and the interception by Favre killed us tonight. The play calling by McCarthy in the second half was disgusting. You don't call a game not to lose, and that's what I felt he was doing.

Let's hope they learn from this because it could be a devastating loss, not unlike the Badgers loss on Saturday.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

millertime...other than a few dumb penalties (barnett's face mask, chincy field goal penalty) the d was pretty good

horrible clock mgmt in the last 2, T.Os and Pu$$y play calling the last 30 were the reasons the pack lost

Today was the ultimate example of a team losing, rather than the other team winning

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just wait till tomorrow. The bandwagon is going to have a TON of empty seats with the lashings we'll take in the press tomorrow.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This game was a tale of two halves.

I can't believe how conservative McCarthy became in the second half. His play calling was very Sherman-esque.

And the challenges were both dumb calls. The first challenge was an obvious call, listen to your guys in the booth. I've always thought that when teams challenge the spot of the ball, they should simply challenge that. When teams try to challenge whether it was a first down or a touchdown they frequently lost challenges even if the original spot was a couple inches off.

Losing those timeouts hurt us. Calling that timeout before half instead of letting Brett spike the ball hurt us too, IMO. The final two minute drill was also very sloppy. All the passes in the middle of the field, no out routes.

I think McCarthy, like our team, is young and still growing. Hopefully, the result of this game will only make him a stronger wiser coach.

Sloppy play all around. The first Favre pick left me scratching my head.

Bottom line: We are better than the Bears. Take away are turnovers, and we win the game. Period.

11 games left this season... I definitely hope this loss will light a fire under our young club's ***.

GO PACK!!!

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I SWEAR THE NFL IS RIGGED

every ****ing year the patriots are the best team the colts are close behind...... and watching this game tonight if those refs wernt paid then im not a packer fan, they ****** us over and over and we did turn the ball over but i mean they straight ****** us with calls

Members online

Latest posts