Official Bears thread for Christmas

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well nfl.com said Mchown will be at the helm for the bears,not sure how good he is I didn't realize against chifes Pickett didn't play in a way hope they rest him this week since bears o-line doesn't have many weapons think our d-line can handle them our o-line needs to keep Peppers at bay if they can do that think we will be okay I think it a win 30-10

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Im sure we will be OK... The D will make adjustments the only thing I am worried about is Peppers getting around Newhouse and laying one on Rodgers!

RyleesPop

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am spending Xmas with my in-laws who are all HUGE Bears fans. I can't think of any place I would rather be!!! It is going to be EPIC
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The starting OL is likely to be Newhouse, EDS, Wells, Sitton, and Lang, with a guy who hasn't played in an NFL game since 2008 and has just one week in the playbook as a backup at OT. So this is the concession to the battered state of the OL I hope McCarthy makes: I would like to see him have either Crabtree or Taylor (whoever is the better pass blocker), or the RB or FB help on Peppers on every play that is more than a three-step drop, no matter where Peppers lines up.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but I'm expecting a very tough game. Hoping for a Packers blowout win but something tells me this is not going to be an easy victory. But it IS going to be a victory.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think the Packers clinch the #1 seed Saturday if the Seahawks upset the Niners at home. Not out of the question either. Seattle has been tough lately and are much tougher in Seattle. And have beaten SF I believe the last 5 or 6 times in Seattle.

So, we'll see in a few days too. Not sure how much a Seattle win would impact the Packers plans for Sunday night. It is Christmas and I think they may want to give the fans a win. But, it would take the pressure off for sure if homefield was already clinched and if Rodgers was getting beat up due to o line injuries they could throw in Flynn.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
This game is going to come down to one thing. How does our O line hold up. If they hold We blow up the bears because after last week we have something to prove. If the O line struggles ????

Right on, as the Bears do love to bring that pressure on. They are the one defense that has shut Rodgers down before and gave us a tough game.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will really have a hell of a game this Sunday if the O-line can't hang on. I have faith in Sitton, Wells, and Lang but Newhouse scares me and EDS is a bit wishy-washy.

At the end of the day, I see a Packers win, just not sure of the magnitude. My wife's Matthews jersey I got her for Christmas should bring more good luck! I just hope it shows up in time...the jersey that is!

D

Dan115

The Packers will really have a hell of a game this Sunday if the O-line can't hang on. I have faith in Sitton, Wells, and Lang but Newhouse scares me and EDS is a bit wishy-washy.

At the end of the day, I see a Packers win, just not sure of the magnitude. My wife's Matthews jersey I got her for Christmas should bring more good luck! I just hope it shows up in time...the jersey that is!

Rodgers can not take too many hits.

DocSkittles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers clinch the #1 seed Saturday if the Seahawks upset the Niners at home. Not out of the question either. Seattle has been tough lately and are much tougher in Seattle. And have beaten SF I believe the last 5 or 6 times in Seattle.

So, we'll see in a few days too. Not sure how much a Seattle win would impact the Packers plans for Sunday night. It is Christmas and I think they may want to give the fans a win. But, it would take the pressure off for sure if homefield was already clinched and if Rodgers was getting beat up due to o line injuries they could throw in Flynn.

I think that is the case. If the Seahawks win, then we have HFA. The last time I looked, SF was about a 3 point favorite. While it's a stretch, the Seahawks still have a shot to getting in the playoffs, but need to beat SF. Hopefully that motivates them to beat the 49ers.

If that happens, I say start Rodgers, pull him very early, play Flynn and maybe get Harrell some time under center as well. With Flynn probably leaving after this year, getting Harrell some snaps might help the team down the road. I also hope that if the 49ers lose, that The Packers give a lot of their players a rest. The few extra weeks of not getting banged up might just help them heal up in time to keep their trophy another year. I'm sure Coach Lombardi prefers it that way!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Looks like the Packers will be thin on several fronts....Bears too. This might be a whole lot closer than previously imagined. Don't believe the Vegas point spread.

Members online

Latest posts