Offical Game Day Thread: Packers @ Lions 11/26: WIN 34 - 12

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stafford and Megatron are both out should be a very easy win for the Pack against Daunte Cullpepper and crew.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Stafford and Megatron are both out should be a very easy win for the Pack against Daunte Cullpepper and crew.
No Stafford or Megatron for this one either?

I was fully intending on coming in here and making the trap game argument until I saw that.

Should be similar to the last time we played them, then.

Frankly, i'd like to play Stafford for once. Just to see what he can do. I haven't watched a full Lions game all year.

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love this time of year, eating lots of a turkey and then watching the Packers smash the lions while being half asleep (b/c of the turkey hah) GO PACK GO!!!!:detsux::chisux::viksux:

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
So far I've been extremely impressed by Staffords play ...

Even though a rookie, he has shown great poise and talent behind a very porous offensive line, I wouldn't be surprised to see Stafford becoming the catalyst that might very well make the Lions an interesting team to watch in the next couple of seasons - and he might also be a type of player that will enable the Lions to get some other players actually wanting to come and play there ...

And he is able to sustain quite a few hits as well ... Plus add to the fact that he has shown some remarkable pocket pressence in terms of throwing the ball away, when being pressured, especially considering he is a rookie ...

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far I've been extremely impressed by Staffords play ...

Even though a rookie, he has shown great poise and talent behind a very porous offensive line, I wouldn't be surprised to see Stafford becoming the catalyst that might very well make the Lions an interesting team to watch in the next couple of seasons - and he might also be a type of player that will enable the Lions to get some other players actually wanting to come and play there ...

And he is able to sustain quite a few hits as well ... Plus add to the fact that he has shown some remarkable pocket pressence in terms of throwing the ball away, when being pressured, especially considering he is a rookie ...
Definitely has a better head on his shoulders than Joey Harrington the Lions could be a force in the upcoming years.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Definitely has a better head on his shoulders than Joey Harrington the Lions could be a force in the upcoming years.

I'm going to take some "flak" for saying this, but I see Stafford having better potential than Rodgers ... However to Staffords misfortune, he'll be hindered by playing on the Lions for a couple of more years ... - However I do think we'll see a very changed Lions team as soon as next season ...

tubz101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before the injuries to aaron and Al I thought we would have this win in the bag..
But come on its the lions!!

Gona be a great thanksgiving

35-3 =) Go pack!!

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like everyone said here, should be very easy game for the Pack. However the thing that the team should get out of this week is some extra time to prepare. Our next game will be against the Ravens. Even though their defense isn't up to par as they were last season, they should still be able to pressure us like crazy due to our offensive line. This pretty much a bye week for our whole team and hope that we take advantage of it.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Like everyone said here, should be very easy game for the Pack. However the thing that the team should get out of this week is some extra time to prepare. Our next game will be against the Ravens. Even though their defense isn't up to par as they were last season, they should still be able to pressure us like crazy due to our offensive line. This pretty much a bye week for our whole team and hope that we take advantage of it.

I think that would be a huge mistake ... - Seems like the entire team thought the Tampa game was an extended "bye-week" ... And look how that game went ? ... If there is any lesson from that game it is that no game is a "bye-game" ... Especially not for the Packers ...

That kind of "mindset" (from the players) will result in an upset ... - An upset that could become probable ...

mtutiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack had better prepare for this game... if not, as previously mentioned, it could be Tampa Bay all over again. They shoudl be able to win this pretty easily though... the Lions have a high-school level defense and Aaron Rodgers should be able to exploit that.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daunte could play out of his mind that game or he could be Daunte. Stafford will be good for many years to come. They will have a decent pick this year in the draft and they better learn from the Packer's mistakes and bolster their O-Line.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really can't underestimate any team, especially looking around the NFL and see what has happened when teams do that. I do fear that the packers will be looking forward to the Ravens and not worry about the Lions. I just hope they prepare and game-plan as much as they can to avoid any serious mistakes.

bruwcruw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions always have upset potential on Thanksgiving but I think the team understands that and will come out ready to play. Its probably a good thing the Pack get Det on a short week because players would been put into a coma had they been forced to watch Det game film all week.

bruwcruw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As many people have pointed out, Bush has struggled in the past but right now the options at CB are limited so we just have to roll with him. He doesn't have to be spectacular or even good, just decent. The past few years the Packers played bump and run and he got schooled; hopefully he's better playing zone.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As many people have pointed out, Bush has struggled in the past but right now the options at CB are limited so we just have to roll with him. He doesn't have to be spectacular or even good, just decent. The past few years the Packers played bump and run and he got schooled; hopefully he's better playing zone.

In Leroy Butler's post game analysis he said that Bush really doesn't have to play that much in coverage. They can make him blitz more since speed is basically his only gift. I love the way that Bush said in the journal sentinel that he didn't know why so many people were upset by him. Seriously Jarret, you don't know??

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bush just scares me when he's out there, he just looks lost.
Against Stafford it would be scary but I think the Lions fans are heading to the fallout shelter because Daunte is going to bomb today.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts