Offense or Defense

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who would every like to see roaming the sidelines next year an offensive guru or a defensive mastermind as our Head Coach. Which would suit the team better.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care whether he's an offensive or a defensive guy just as long as he has the ability to pick a quality coordinator for the side of the ball which is not his speciality.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder at what poiint TT will have a what did I do moment. I dont see anyone on the list that really gets me excited although I will say Sherman didnt excite me at first. So I think TT will go with someone newer and less known also think that it will be someone from seattle. Who is thier OC??

Also like Wisconsins Current OC has made a team with limited talent look quite good

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
I don't care whether he's an offensive or a defensive guy just as long as he has the ability to pick a quality coordinator for the side of the ball which is not his speciality.
Very very good point.

I think that's why I'd like an offensive guy and then keep Bates on as DC.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I dunno but im startin to think offense wins games, defense wins championships.

a defense that gives the ball back to a medicore offense while the defense scores too is better then a juggernaut offense an medicore defense

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fvre4mvp said:
Who would every like to see roaming the sidelines next year an offensive guru or a defensive mastermind as our Head Coach. Which would suit the team better.
To me it all depends on if the coach we hire keeps Jim Bates around or not. I think that if Bates isn't there than I would want a defensive coach. If Bates comes back our D is set by that alone. Then I would be happy if we had an offensive coach to balanace out Bates on the D side of things.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, we should either have Bates as the HC and get a really good OC or keep Bates as the DC and get an offensive HC.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion it doesn't matter at all where the head coaches strengths lie in regards to offense of defense. What matters is hiring a guy who will demand and hold players accountable for their play. If you don't tackle, you can't play. If you can't catch the ball, you can't play. If you continue to miss assginments you can't play. If it's not corrected, then you're off the team. That has as much to do with character and strength and the courage to do what is needed. I think Mike Sherman had a lot of good qualities about him, but I thought his lack of strength in dealing with poor play and keeping bad coaches employeed and some bad choices in the coaching staff in general were the biggest reasons that his team just didn't get better. The Packers just need someone who will hold his player accountable and will have the courage to make tough choices and is wise enough to put together a great coaching staff.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys and Gals, Bates may not want to stay now that the guy who hired him is gone. If he's not promoted to HC, I'd look for Bates to be elsewhere next season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts