Offense "less ****" now??

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Cobb expected to miss the amount of time he's going to miss where do we find that slot production from? Nobody on the offense in my opinion is as dynamic and as versatile as Cobb, and outside of Aaron Rodgers he was our most valuable guy on offense. We not only lose the ability to use him as a return man we also lose the ability to confuse the defense when he's lined up in the backfield as a threat because he's a very god runner with the ball in his hands.

Boykin is the next man up but he, Jordy Nelson, or James Jones really fit the slot wr moniker. My guess would be more of Jordy Nelson in the slot as he is probably our second most dynamic wr outside of Cobb. I just don't know if he's quick and elusive enough to fit that mold. This is where i argued having Greg Jennings for at least another yr with the franchise tag for this very reason. We have to have someone to work the middle of the field and with Finley being so up and down i don't if he's the guy to pick up Cobbs production until he returns.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no chance Jordy moves inside. He's an outside guy only and very good at it. We won't be able to replace Cobb, because he's not a guy you can simply "replace". Instead, we'll have to redesign the offense a bit while he's out. My bet is that we resort to a more old-school offense if you will, with traditional two-wideout sets and pound the run a lot more. Finley will be our slot guy for the immediate future because he's still talented and a matchup issue for defenses - though not elite, he's been a lot better this year.

And Jennings was never the answer at that price tag. Again, you neglect to account for the cap hit for Jennings and how that impacts long-term future. And he clearly is a diva that isn't worth the headache in having him here on a one-year deal. Plus, Jennings had been beat up two years in a row. The only reason he's not beat up now is because he never gets the ball in that anemic offense.

Reaction score
I haven't felt that the offense has been "****" yet, this year. Finley would be the most obvious choice, but as you said way too up & down. (I wonder what he is thinking sometimes when running a route.............."I need to get my car detailed tomorrow"..............."I'm gonna' run over to Foot Locker after the game to get me some new sneak's"). Anyway, he mentally leaves the game. Awesome potential, but not really interested in what he is doing all the time.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is nothing **** about football or the Green Bay Packers - cheerleaders are not football.

I think that you're trying to say that our offense will be limited without Cobb. That's correct, although it's kind of a given.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno but at some point, hopefully during the next game, there will be continuing cries of, "Boy, kin he catch and run!"

12theTruth

Look for Kuhn to be extensively featured against the Browns :sneaky:

If its a case where James Jones is probable but 85% ready I would hope the Packers rest James Jones another week so he totally healthy. No reason to risk long term success just to add another WR body against the Browns by rushing him back.

The Packers have some low performing options to parse from the roster if they want to add a WR. Wilson or Kuhn come to mind.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no chance Jordy moves inside. He's an outside guy only and very good at it. We won't be able to replace Cobb, because he's not a guy you can simply "replace". Instead, we'll have to redesign the offense a bit while he's out. My bet is that we resort to a more old-school offense if you will, with traditional two-wideout sets and pound the run a lot more. Finley will be our slot guy for the immediate future because he's still talented and a matchup issue for defenses - though not elite, he's been a lot better this year.

And Jennings was never the answer at that price tag. Again, you neglect to account for the cap hit for Jennings and how that impacts long-term future. And he clearly is a diva that isn't worth the headache in having him here on a one-year deal. Plus, Jennings had been beat up two years in a row. The only reason he's not beat up now is because he never gets the ball in that anemic offense.

I would have to disagree with the Jennings thing, he was never a diva here imo...all that stuff started happening after he saw the witing on the wall he would probably not be back and half of it was blown out of context. As for Finley yes he's talented but so are Jimmy Graham, Vernon Davis, Tony gonzalez, and Jason Whitten. Tell me what the difference between these guy's and Finley is?

12theTruth

Ha..you know what i'm trying to say bro. We have already been horrid at times this year, take away our best wr then it gets worse.

Not sure about players being **** but does anyone else find Andrew Luck unusually ugly.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I would have to disagree with the Jennings thing, he was never a diva here imo...all that stuff started happening after he saw the witing on the wall he would probably not be back and half of it was blown out of context. As for Finley yes he's talented but so are Jimmy Graham, Vernon Davis, Tony gonzalez, and Jason Whitten. Tell me what the difference between these guy's and Finley is?

They have a better and more storied career......and they drop less critical passes. lol

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have a better and more storied career......and they drop less critical passes. lol

Exactly. Even i'm tiered of seeing all th athethletic ability and potential Finley has not really pan out. It's time for him to get in that caliber of tight end, especially with Cobb out. We need him to produce like the guy's i listed above.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are going to see more two tight end sets. It only makes sense with the amount of tight ends and lack of receivers we have on the roster. Could be very **** if ran right :cool: We have to see. I honestly can't wait to see how we shake things up a bit. Desperation breeds creativity.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Finley also has played with Cobb, Nelson, Driver and Jennings. Brees annually throws two games worth of extra passes compared to the Packers and only has Graham and Colston. Gonzalez's lowest target total in Atlanta was 111 while the most targets Finley has ever received in Green Bay was 93. Witten's lowest target total of the past five years was 117 (he's also had 142 and 150 targets). Only the past two season have seen Finley approach Davis' number of targets and in 2011 Finley was comparable to Davis and in 2012 Finley caught 20 more passes and had 80 more yards. Which leads to the next point, Finley isn't used like most of those guys are. Only Gonzalez is in a similar situation with other great wide receivers and his yards per catch are actually worse than Finley's.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no chance Jordy moves inside. He's an outside guy only and very good at it. We won't be able to replace Cobb, because he's not a guy you can simply "replace". Instead, we'll have to redesign the offense a bit while he's out. My bet is that we resort to a more old-school offense if you will, with traditional two-wideout sets and pound the run a lot more.

Yep. It's going to look a lot more like the 2003 team for the next couple months than the 2011 team. And I'm perfectly fine with that. If this was last season, we'd be in trouble. But Lacy changes that.

Staff online

Latest posts