Offcial gameday thread: Packers @ Browns

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didnt see a gameday thread so started one. First time I think I have started one on gameday. Not alot of hype for this game. Hard to come down for the SB to this I guess.

LOL Packers are favored by 1for those of you that bet on preseason games.

Should hear some go pack go chants tonight

I hear not everyone is suiting up

thoughts?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't really care for it for all the obvious reasons.
But knowing me, I'll probably check out a few minutes of it that will then turn out to be the whole damn game.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your team wins in the preseason - WOOOOO! SB here we come! our offense is unstoppable!

Your team losses in the preseason - its the preseason, it doesnt count.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going to get drunk with girls off rum chata and watch the game, what about everyone else?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm all ready for some Packers football and I could care less if it's preseason or even freakin flag football (suit me up MM, they can give me chase). After everything we've been through this off season with the bloody lockout, this comes as a blessing. I'm OK with resting some of the starters, probably to avoid injury but they should see some live game time at some point so they can get play experience in a live game setting as opposed to scrimmage. I think that's important. These preseason games don't count point wise but they matter a great deal to the rookies who are going to use these games to show their coaches what they got. It's always good to know what you got in your backups, ... ummm last season, over half the team were backups.... SB Champions!

So, I'm going to be paying some attention to these preseason games. It may be an early indication of where our season is headed or they could be meaningless, just practice for the team. Who really knows at this point? But, it's football, baby!!! I am ready for some football!!! Hail Packers!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO the reason to watch pre season games is to evaluate the play of individual players. Of course it’s the first chance we get to see the rookies vs. players in different colored uniforms, but it’s also our first chance to see how some first- and second-year players have progressed. Unfortunately this year they didn’t have the benefit of the normal off season work but here’s a player I’ll pay special attention to tonight: Jarius Wynn. A few weeks ago, I posted I would be surprised if he made the roster this season but from what I’m hearing from one reporter in particular I’m preparing myself to be very pleasantly surprised. I heard Bill Huber, who publishes Packer Report, talk up Wynn on the radio this week. Apparently Wynn is doing just exactly what he should be doing: Working his a** off to improve as a football player. As you may remember, he got waived on the final cut down last season as CJ Wilson won the last DE spot. That didn’t last long however as Wynn was signed after Justin Harrell went on the IR for the last time in Green Bay. Apparently the experience of being waived and perhaps just fully realizing the opportunity he has in front of him (and the birth of his second child on the morning of Super Bowl XLV) has motivated him to help fill the pass rushing gap left by Cullen Jenkins.

According to Huber and coach Trgo, he and BJ Raji are spending a lot of time studying tape of the games great pass rushers – not just those playing today but “old timers” like Bruce Smith and Richard Dent. He also worked out with Chuck Smith, the former Falcon sack leader during the off season and Huber said you can see Wynn is quicker off the snap and more powerful. Of course if Wynn can’t translate his renewed dedication onto the field it won’t mean much. But according to Huber – and other camp observers – Wynn is looking very good so far in camp. I’m anxious to see him take a big step forward, beginning tonight.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO the reason to watch pre season games is to evaluate the play of individual players. Of course it’s the first chance we get to see the rookies vs. players in different colored uniforms, but it’s also our first chance to see how some first- and second-year players have progressed. Unfortunately this year they didn’t have the benefit of the normal off season work but here’s a player I’ll pay special attention to tonight: Jarius Wynn. A few weeks ago, I posted I would be surprised if he made the roster this season but from what I’m hearing from one reporter in particular I’m preparing myself to be very pleasantly surprised. I heard Bill Huber, who publishes Packer Report, talk up Wynn on the radio this week. Apparently Wynn is doing just exactly what he should be doing: Working his a** off to improve as a football player. As you may remember, he got waived on the final cut down last season as CJ Wilson won the last DE spot. That didn’t last long however as Wynn was signed after Justin Harrell went on the IR for the last time in Green Bay. Apparently the experience of being waived and perhaps just fully realizing the opportunity he has in front of him (and the birth of his second child on the morning of Super Bowl XLV) has motivated him to help fill the pass rushing gap left by Cullen Jenkins.

According to Huber and coach Trgo, he and BJ Raji are spending a lot of time studying tape of the games great pass rushers – not just those playing today but “old timers” like Bruce Smith and Richard Dent. He also worked out with Chuck Smith, the former Falcon sack leader during the off season and Huber said you can see Wynn is quicker off the snap and more powerful. Of course if Wynn can’t translate his renewed dedication onto the field it won’t mean much. But according to Huber – and other camp observers – Wynn is looking very good so far in camp. I’m anxious to see him take a big step forward, beginning tonight.

Very good points, Thx. I'll be watching for Wynn!!!!

Does anybody get the feeling that this preseason might me a lot more important than normal because of the lack of off season activity? This is it guys. We don't have a lot of play time before we jump right in, fully immersed into regular season play.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me the most interesting part of tonights game is going to be able to see Randal Cobb get some real action. I dont have the luxury of going to training camp to see all this explosiveness i have been hearing about. But damn am I excited pre season or not i bleeeeed green and gold GO PACK GO

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was stoked by the 20 min session on Family night. This is a mild upgrade.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Absent some miracle I will be watching Da Bearssssssss on FOX tonight and keeping up with the Packers on NFL.com since the site I used to use was shut down by the FCC a few months back.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah really hoping to see the rookies and undrafted players. Good luck to them all. Could care less if we lose or not.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't wait to see Randall Cobb in action, along with the other new draftees. And I'd love to see Matt Flynn play again.

Although, watch out for players like Joe Thomas, Peyton Hillis, and rookie CB Joe Haden on the Browns' side of the ball. Heck, even Colt McCoy can be good at times.

Your team wins in the preseason - WOOOOO! SB here we come! our offense is unstoppable!

Your team losses in the preseason - its the preseason, it doesnt count.

That describes me perfectly. I remember thinking that this team is really good and SB caliber after the blowout against the Colts at home in the 2010 preseason. Then, they lost the following week to the Chiefs and then thought "ah, well, that's what the preseason's for".

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ran into a Redskin fan today. All pumped up over Grossman's performance last night. Said the Skins have finally found a QB. :Clueless: I'm just looking with hopes that Gurley will beat out Swain and Pack stays healthy.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to seeing Graham Harrell in action. I've been hearing that he's doing fairly well in camp so far and is much improved from last year. If he can put out some strong performances this preseason, I'll feel much more comfortable if/when Matt Flynn leaves next offseason.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Rodgers plays what, 1 series? maybe 2?

Flynn plays the until halftime or the 4th?

Should be interesting to see the battle at O line

I think we will be seeing Bush most of the night with the injuries and inactives in the secondary. I expect him to get a pick.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon Woodson and Shields are rumored to be missing in action tonight. Talk of Matthews not playing.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think all these guys should be getting reps in at some point. Rodgers for 1 or 2 series at most. We need to see if they are game ready. I don't really doubt it but I get nervous.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers should play one series.
Flynn should play the rest of the first half, and Graham Harrell the whole 2nd half.

Looking forward to how TJ Lang does, Marshall Newhouse, and Derek Sherrod. Is Newhouse hurt though?
Can't keep track.

Our biggest team weakness is stopping the run, so facing Peyton Hillis and Hardesty is a nice beginning test.

This game is on live on the NFL Network isn't it?

Members online

Latest posts