Odell Thurman

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
had 7 tackles 3 assists, 1 int, 1 force fumble.

This guy should be wearing green and gold.

GBnative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all part of TT's master plan. He will sign an undrafted rookie free agent that will be even better, the Taco Wallace of LBs.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
after today's game i think the defense is the least of our problems...maybe thurman at #24 is a good pick and we draft orton, orlovsky or frye, et al. later on...but we didnt, we have aaron rodgers...move on, we're getting some blue chippers this april, its a deep class and we have good position

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, JWalk84...and the amt of hype surrounding Leinhart, right now is the same amt surrounding Rodgers last year. He fell in the Packers lap when they needed a successor.

It's easy to criticize when we have the aide of 9 months to see how players panned out, AND we don't consider the context of the pick at the time it was made.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Agreed, JWalk84...and the amt of hype surrounding Leinhart, right now is the same amt surrounding Rodgers last year. He fell in the Packers lap when they needed a successor.

It's easy to criticize when we have the aide of 9 months to see how players panned out, AND we don't consider the context of the pick at the time it was made.

thats what i keep trying to tell everyone

last april watching the draft i was hoping to god that someone traded up ahead of the pack and snagged rodgers so we could get a defensive player...but keep in mind that up to a week before the draft, rodgers was the first overall pick--i still think he's better than alex smith, and i think that if we get an offensive mind in here (brad...childress...) he can seriously start producing

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good pts. the packers will never please everyone with the picks they make but i find it hard to argue with a projected #1 overall at #24. we've been lucky that brett has hung around as long as he has. you have to start planning for life after brett sometime. one more guy on the D, may or may not have had a real impact this yr. after last yr, we could only pray for a top 10 D. now that we got it, we're 2-10. i feel much better knowing that if brett does call it quits, at least we have a successor that has been learning the offense for a year.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
good pts. the packers will never please everyone with the picks they make but i find it hard to argue with a projected #1 overall at #24. we've been lucky that brett has hung around as long as he has. you have to start planning for life after brett sometime. one more guy on the D, may or may not have had a real impact this yr. after last yr, we could only pray for a top 10 D. now that we got it, we're 2-10. i feel much better knowing that if brett does call it quits, at least we have a successor that has been learning the offense for a year.

looking way in advance, but if brett calls it quits...we should sign a journeyman FA QB just in case Rodgers isn't ready the first few weeks--for example kelly holcomb with JP Losman in Buffalo...Doug Pedersen started a couple games before mcnabb took over, etc...everyone forgets that Rodgers is 21 (or was...idk his birthday), and he might need a little longer to adjust to everything...

perhaps Brian Griese will be cut loose by Tampa, Tim Rattay by SF, maybe Koy Detmer from Philly, no one extravagant, but someone who can make a few starts in a pinch, so we don't have next year's QB situation look like this year's RB situation--i hope everyone realizes that we most likely are not a playoff team next year, i hope we're better than 3-13 (my projected packer record), but i'm keeping my expectations low for next season

GBnative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it's really early to be critizing TT's draft picks, but I had hoped that by this time in the season we would have seen at least one of the draftees step up and demonstrate that they are going to be a good NFL player. Unfortuanely, Whittacker appears to have hit the rookie wall and Collins has shown any more than Jue or Marques Anderson did in their rookie season. A couple of the others have shown flashes, but that's about all.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of guys(mostly on other forums) are convinced Rodgers is NOT an NFL QB. How they can possibly know this w/o seeing him in action is a mystery to me. Some even want him used as trade bait after the season. Yet those same guys want us to snag Leinert(who BTW looked lousy againest UCLA). Can't see it.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
A lot of guys(mostly on other forums) are convinced Rodgers is NOT an NFL QB. How they can possibly know this w/o seeing him in action is a mystery to me. Some even want him used as trade bait after the season. Yet those same guys want us to snag Leinert(who BTW looked lousy againest UCLA). Can't see it.
Leinert looked pretty clumsy on that pass he caught, just an observation.
Hammer

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:

OK, how can this be...people haven't seen Rodgers play? Have you verified that? I mean, I watched him quite a bit when he played for Cal. He looked like a product of a system and not all that great. I think you are contradicting yourself a little here...don't judge Rodgers because he hasn't played in the NFL yet but you make reference to Leinart not having that great of a game against UCLA??? How does that work?

Members online

Latest posts