OC-WHO?

OP
OP
T

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, you dont see to be so cool......I read the posts all day, maybe someone with more info that you can add a few words....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tano1998 said:
well, you dont see to be so cool......I read the posts all day, maybe someone with more info that you can add a few words....

Wish I had more info, but as I advised you, I'm gonna just keep going through all the other 'bates' threads. :)

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeff Jagodzinski(not right spelling), former Packer tight ends coach fired by Sherman, is coming to take over.

He's formerly from West Allis.

Reaction score
Well OC can't be Bates, because he is a DC. No new info on Bates.

As net alluded too, Jeff J. is going to be the new OC AND NEW O-LINE COACH. He is going to teach the concept of Zone Blocking, which deals with blocking a ceratin area assignment, rather than man to man blocking. It has worded really well for the Falcons thus far, and Denver has had tremendous success with it also.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

As net alluded too, Jeff J. is going to be the new OC AND NEW O-LINE COACH. He is going to teach the concept of Zone Blocking, which deals with blocking a ceratin area assignment, rather than man to man blocking. It has worded really well for the Falcons thus far, and Denver has had tremendous success with it also.

Cool, I like zone blocking.

Reaction score
ahaug82 said:
all about da packers said:

As net alluded too, Jeff J. is going to be the new OC AND NEW O-LINE COACH. He is going to teach the concept of Zone Blocking, which deals with blocking a ceratin area assignment, rather than man to man blocking. It has worked really well for the Falcons thus far, and Denver has had tremendous success with it also.

Cool, I like zone blocking.

Me too. It seems if done properly, it is very effective. Lets hope Jags can use and teach it properly.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
Jeff Jagodzinski(not right spelling), former Packer tight ends coach fired by Sherman, is coming to take over.

He's formerly from West Allis.

Yea - I'd say it's pretty much in the bag, as well. I haven't heard of McCarthy planning any other interviews - it's basically a formality. My quesiton is whether or not, Jeff J. can pull it off, or not? Here we go with yet another TE Coach - Will he actually use TE's? Or is he just using the System for advancement like Mike Sherman did...... In his entire tenure with the Pack, Sherman hardly ever used the Tiger Set - nor, did he go out and draft any Tight Ends.... He better go for the jugular on a regular basis, too! Smash-mouth, black&blue division football - is what the Green Bay Packers are all about - it's time we went back to basics.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! One head scratching bad pick of a coach followed by another. Now if they can just dump Bates they will have the hat trick! :p

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is that smack? I have seen everyone from Sports Illustrated to Pro football talk say that the Packers choice for their new head coach was a bad one. Do you know why? Because it was a bad choice.
You guys sit here and rip Sherman for the last year and now you want to call this smack?
:roll:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is as popular of a move as holmgren was, or belicheck. Those worked out ok.

No, im not saying mccarthy is the next belicheck, but Gbs history of hiring former HCs as their HC isnt good.

but leave it to a bears fan to come in and have a field day on a guy who hasnt even coached 1 game, but hes a bad HC...whatever you say, phil. go read more SI so they can tell you how to think.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Why is that smack? I have seen everyone from Sports Illustrated to Pro football talk say that the Packers choice for their new head coach was a bad one. Do you know why? Because it was a bad choice.

There is a reason they work for SI and PFT for a reason and not a National Football League team.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Whatever man. Try to convince yourself that he was the right guy for the job if you want. Everyone is wrong but you as usual.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong. I'm saying, give the man a chance to BE right or wrong.

Just as I am with TT I will be with MM and JJ. I'm going to give them a chance before I believe what I read because I believe what i see instead. I like to use my brain for thinking on my own rather than succumbing to what others put into my head.

edit, lol why you go an delete ur post? :p

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
this is as popular of a move as holmgren was, or belicheck. Those worked out ok.

No, im not saying mccarthy is the next belicheck, but Gbs history of hiring former HCs as their HC isnt good.

but leave it to a bears fan to come in and have a field day on a guy who hasnt even coached 1 game, but hes a bad HC...whatever you say, phil. go read more SI so they can tell you how to think.

Whatever man. Try to convince yourself that he was the right guy for the job if you want. Everyone is wrong but you as usual.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, cuz im the only person who doesnt hate this move. but "whatever man" is a good rebuttal.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah, cuz im the only person who doesnt hate this move. but "whatever man" is a good rebuttal.

Sometimes you have to keep it simple depending on who you are talking to.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Philtration said:

I'm not saying anyone is wrong. I'm saying, give the man a chance to BE right or wrong.

Just as I am with TT I will be with MM and JJ. I'm going to give them a chance before I believe what I read because I believe what i see instead. I like to use my brain for thinking on my own rather than succumbing to what others put into my head.

I deleted it because your post ended up between mine and Tromadz and it was he who I was referring to. I did not want it to appear that I was answering your post.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Philtration said:

thats what im saying. Good till proven ******

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah, cuz im the only person who doesnt hate this move.

Look, I am not going to get into a pissing match. You said that a lot of people feel that this was a bad move yourself so trying to pass my comments off as a Bear fan flaming is weak. Bates would have been a much better move and I am glade that they are going in this current direction.
A poor and uninspiring choice. I like it!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how would you know bates woulda made a better HC? Maybe there is a reason Gb and other teams havent hired him as a HC. But of course you know things me,the people here, and the people in the NFL dont know. Right.

Bates is money as a DC, thats a FACT.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts