Observations from a Steelers Fan

StairwaytoSeven

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm writing because Im a huge Steelers fan and would like some insight on your team from OBJECTIVE (I stress OBJECTIVE) fans, because quite frankly I love digesting as much about my team's chances any given Sunday, especially SB Sunday. In turn, I'll share with you some thoughts, feelings, concerns about my team for your own consumption. I'm just gonna spit them out randomly:

1) I was at the STEELERS/Jets game last week and the whole time I kept checking the Packers Bears score because frankly I did not want to play you guys. I feel like it COULD be a bad bad matchup for us, and hey if I could play that headcase Cutler instead I'm all for it. When Rodgers is on he is scary. That first drive against the Bears was awesome.

2) That being said Rodgers can look bad too, and it seems to happen when there is a lot of pressure. I read a stat that your tackles gave up 20 sacks this season. That's horrible. I know you guys love your Matthews but Harrison is more of a beast. Timmons is a freak and will be a household name soon and our schemes themselves do not bode well for your tackles. I feel this is the biggest key to the SB.........WHO dictates the scheme. I'll repeat it..........who dictates the scheme. If you can't spread, or have to hold back your TE or back to contain the pressure, you may not be able to tap into our biggest weakness which is our secondary. If we are forced to drop Harrison back into covergae and whatnot and rush 3 or 4, it will be a long long day for us. Whoever dictates Greenbay's offense wins I believe. I feel like we could crush you, or you could beat us like the Patriots did this year and that was bad. I realize the Chicago D is very good but trust me when I say this...........the Steeler D is better. It is the best in the game. What will Greenbay do to help out on the tackles?

3) I saw some really nice runs by Starks but it seemed like it was because your line opened up gaping holes for him. He looks shifty and speedy but the Steelers D is very very sound on closing its gaps and filling their assignments. They do not get out of place often, and like you we have a fat strong NT that clogs up the lanes. I just dont see Starks going anywhere against the STEELERS. If you run to the outside, Polamalu has time to close the egdes (as does Timmons) and you arent running up the gut.......I'm sorry Packer Fans but it aint happening. He is a nice story but he is a small rookie from the University of Buffalo. I dont see him getting more than 50 yards, and I dont see the Pack getting more than 75 the whole game. The JETS have a very good football team and had 1 rushing yard against us in the first half with a big quality back in Greene and a very solid LT. McGahee and Ray Rice had 35 yrds against us the whole game. I will however say that the key to holding that number is Rodgers......if I were McCarthy I would have designed runs and roll outs against us. Rodgers looked pretty darn accurate on the run with some of his throws. That could hurt us

4) POUNCEY being out really really hurts. This is by far the worst development and is a massive advantage for you. We have an undrafted free agent who has never started at center ever playing int he SB against Raji???? CRAP! Its just not good at all ...........Not enough people are talking about this. It still allows us to run off tackle but up the gut but come passsing situations If Raji gets pressure and forces him out for Matthews and whomever it could be a long day for us. Raji might be the most important player in the game for you. That being said Ben won a SB two years ago with a less than average Oline, and this year he is in the SB again with this mess of a line so who knows what magic he can create. Let me stress something here....We lost a pro bowl caliber guard at the beginging of the season, then lost a pro bowl caliber tackle early in the season, and then just lost a future pro bowl center in the AFCC. We have lost 3 of our starting O-Lineman and have replecaed them with dog pooh. Brady Manning love makes you gag at times, and now Rodgers is getting the same gag love. All great QB's but with what Ben has (and what he does) he should be getting as much of that gag love as the others including your QB. The guy may be a pig, but he is one of the best. Sometimes I wonder if a bad O-line is good for us because it allows Ben more improvised plays. Who knows. We'd rather have Pouncey though.

5) I feel like our D is your worst mismatch in the league and your O is one of the worst mismatches for our D.......very interesting.

6) We ran against the Jets D at will.........and the Jets D is tough and sound. mendy is peaking and making much out of nothing lately. Your D better contain our running game and force us 3rd and long. Then we can watch matthews have 14 sacks against us cause Legursky stinks and cant contain Raji. If we impose our will on your D Line..........goodbye Packers.

7) How you guys are favorites is beyond me. More of that gag love for the QB with the **** stache...........still better looking than our fat drunken slob who forces college girls into bathrooms I admit. Having said that Rodgers is like Brady or Manning or Cutler...............when they get pressured they look far from the praise the media gives them. Pressure is the name of the game. It doesnt faze Ben.....he has that intangible thing.............some guys dont want to be behind late in the game and some guys cherish the opportunity to be the man under all the pressure. They want to carry their team on their back. Ben is that guy.........he is best when it matters most, and when the heat is tough. Just watch that last drive to beat the Cardinals in the SB......it was all Ben....Santonio was great but it was Ben who knew exactly where to go when our Oline couldnt contain the pressure that whole entire drive. How will Rodgers be when he gets hit a few times? He to me is like Brady....he will carve out any D when he can sit back there and dictate and if we rush 3 or 4 and you spread us he carve our great Steelers D. Im scared of that, but if we get pressure I just dont see the **** star being Ben.

8) GreenBay Pittsburgh - classic!! OWNERSHIP, FAN BASES, CHAMPIONSHIPS - just classic

9) Clay Matthews looks like a beast but the Sacks are making him overated. Take away the first two games of the year and he doesnt garner DPOY votes. Harrison 10 1/2 sacks Matthews 13 1/2 Harrison 100 tackles Mathews 60 Harrison 6 FF's Mathews 2 Harrison 2 INT's Mathews 1 ......40 more tackles, 5 more turn overs but Mathews has 3 more sacks - DPOY DPOY DPOY. The national media is ridiculous.

10) Polamalu is off a bit. Best defensive player in the game period when healthy. Not even close...........he looks 80% but still better than Woodson at 80% hahah

11) You team scares me............so should ours.

12) Man the national media again is all about your receivers..........Im sorry but Wallace, Ward, Miller, Sanders, and Brown are comparable...........with Finley out it gives us a big upgrade over your TE, and Wallace is the most dangerous receiver in the SB and dont start with Driver or Jennings please....Wallace has 60 receptions for 1,257 yards with a crappy O-line and Ben who cant throw a good deep ball - yes I ssaid it his deep ball stinks. Wallace would have 1500 yards with your team. Driver and Ward are both senior citizens but get the job done......Ward is more of a complete receiver because of his blocking ability. Sanders and Brown are young but solid and this of course may be a key in theis matchup your 3rd and 4th guys versus our nickel and our 3rd and forth guys verus your nickel. I think when you spread out and dictate your scheme, your QB, and our lack of rush clearly MAKES your receivers better, but in all formations and spreads we are just as good. Stop drinking the kool aid Pack

13) I heard about how Brady couldnt get beaten and every one and their mother said the Pats would win the SB They had just beaten a few weeks prior the JETS 45 to 3 and had won 28 straight games at home. THINK ABOUT THAT. The cheaters lost at home. Everyone and their Mom said Flaccco had come of age and would beat the Steelers. Then after the JETS had beaten MANNING and BRADy both on the road that the STEELERS were going down. Now I hear how RODGERS is just too good. Media like to go on and on (like I am doing) about QB's without talking about all of the inticacies that affect the QB they are talking about - as if the QB is in a bubble, or we are playing NFL Madden. But their are 11 players on a defense that change the ability of every QB's effectiveness, and Mr Rodgers has not faced a better D. When I see you lose to the Lions 7 to 3, put up 9 against the Jets, and put up like 41 points against the Bears D in 3 games I have to ask myself what game is the national media watching?? Honestly................Brady, Manning, Brees - they are all at home............you can't love RaperBen I understand but do you have to gag on so much Rodgers? You fans have drunk the kool id. Hes very very very very very good but he could look very very very very average.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
............you can't love RaperBen I understand but do you have to gag on so much Rodgers?
You fans have drunk the kool id. Hes very very very very very good but he could look very very very very average.
LOL at even the de-hard Steeler fan bringing that up. In this forum, for some reason, we are told to ignore that fact and not mention it.

Good write up... and I agree with you that Polamalu is THE BEST defensive player in the game, when healthy.

He's like Woodson in his prime, only with more hair.

I agree that Harrison is scarier than Matthews, but Matthews is going to kill Flozell Adams as he did last year when he was with Dallas.

You mentioned Timmons but didn't even mention Woodley, who holds the NFL playoff record with fastest to 10 sacks in post-season history.

Why Vegas has the Packers favored by 3 is unknown to me... although it could be a pick em.

CheeseHeadInCanada

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9) Clay Matthews looks like a beast but the Sacks are making him overated. Take away the first two games of the year and he doesnt garner DPOY votes. Harrison 10 1/2 sacks Matthews 13 1/2 Harrison 100 tackles Mathews 60 Harrison 6 FF's Mathews 2 Harrison 2 INT's Mathews 1 ......40 more tackles, 5 more turn overs but Mathews has 3 more sacks - DPOY DPOY DPOY. The national media is ridiculous.

This is one of the only thing's I have to disagree with. Sacks only tell half the story, I can remember countless times this year where Clay would have to be double or in some cases triple teamed leaving up another pass rusher to get the sack or pressure. He also drew a ton of holding calls for us too, and those are some of the things the stats don't show.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we could argue who is more of a beast between Matthews and Harrison but one is 24 and the other is 32. Both are great but one is entering his prime while the other is at his peak. Your going to be hard pressed to find many packer fans who think Harrison is more of a beast than Matthews and I am sure it goes the other way. I am not a Harrison fan based off of some of his comments he has made in the past.

I think fans of both sides are putting waaaaaaaaay to much weight into last weeks games. Neither Ben or Aaron played well. And comparing your team to the Bears or Jets just isnt logical.

OP
OP
S

StairwaytoSeven

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodly is over rated ......better than average but maybe against your tackle he will look Harrison esque, who knows

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh and I think you meant Polamalu is the best defensive player in the league when healthy that doesnt play for Baltimore. Simple mistake, it happens.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
1. Fair enough, we wanted you to lose too.

2. Sure, our line can play bad, but you know what the good part of that is? Our coaches KNOW it. They know how to call quick slants, put in a TE for help, run screen plays. Our line plays its worst when we are ahead and we revert to Martyball. Fortunately, I don't see us going up on you guys too quickly, so I don't see this as a problem this game. As long as MM's play calling is on, your defense is going to get confused and tired.

3. We don't need Starks to be phenomenal, we need him to get short yardage on 2nd and 3rd down. Just as you knock us for being high on Rodgers, you're being quite high on your defense as well. The Pats and Broncos (?) put up over 30 points on it.

4. We have A LOT more injuries than the Steelers do. Yes, losing Pouncey hurts quite a bit, but you guys still have a majority of your starters playing.

5. The perfect matchup. We will see here if defense really does win championships.

6. I'm very worried about Mendenhall. Our defense is vulnerable on big plays and he's a powerful back. Couple that with the fact that our tackling has been VERY suspect lately, and we've got a matchup nightmare.

7. Seriously, Rodgers is just as good as anyone at rolling out of pressure. He'll get sacked, but I think this aspect of the game, as i've said before, is going to come down to our play calling to throw off your blitzes.

8. hrm...

9. How are sacks overrated???? That doesn't even make sense!

10. Clay is off, Woodson is off. They both have been fighting injuries. "Being off" is no excuse, everyone in this game is going to be playing with the absolute most effort, with 2 weeks of rest to boot.

11. Again, it's a good matchup.

12. Probably your worst point. You have to be kidding if you think that media hype has anything to do with this game. Just because the media says someone is "on fire" and "unbeatable," doesn't mean they're guaranteed to win OR lose. Don't knock us for "gagging" for wanting our star QB to do well, ESPECIALLY since he's stepping in for an old, overrated ********* who is trying to overshadow our QB's performance. We have a future in this guy and he's shown amazing potential, I'd question your fanhood to not "drink the kool-aid" about him.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
20 sacks this year is better than the 50 sacks last year.

Our run game isn't that great. We realize it. We use it to set up the pass, which is our strong suit. I think our receivers provide a definite mismatch for your secondary and wouldn't be surprised to see us go to 5 wide sets. Plus Rodgers has been pretty solid when facing an opposing blitz.

In contrast, I think our secondary provides a good matchup with your receivers. They were a weakness last season that turned into a strength this season.

Your defensive line is a beast though, and I agree Harrison and Polamalu are two of the absolute best defensive players in the game. Our offensive line is going to have it's hands full.

As for the Packers being favored, I think you could just flip a coin. I think both teams match up well against each other. Both sides have strengths and weaknesses, but both sides can play pretty damn good ball.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think fans of both sides are putting waaaaaaaaay to much weight into last weeks games. Neither Ben or Aaron played well. And comparing your team to the Bears or Jets just isnt logical.

That's true. The Bears have a habit of bringing out the worst in Aaron. He just doesn't seem to do well against them, though I think most of his offensive issues are due to a combination of the sore shoulder from his TD run and the Bears making defensive changes for the second half. I also think the pick that bounced off Driver's foot was just dumb luck for the Bears. The Urlacher pick less so.

OP
OP
S

StairwaytoSeven

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were a GM Id take Matthews over Harrison (with a stomach ache).. Im not dumb....he's 24. Having said that harrison didnt even really start playing in the league until he was 28. he will play at a high level for at least a few more years. Having said that Harrison or matthews in one game, right now? Harrison is better, at least from a rush perspective. Coverage probably Matthews.........but pure pressure on a QB, and pure intimidation on an O-lineman and QB???? Harrison. I wish Troy didnt play at USC cause I hate players who played at USC (except for Troy). USC is scum - they are the Yankees of football.............just buy them, they will come! Clay, Troy, both four letter one syllabel names ending with a Y, both with disgusting nasty hair, both from USC, probably the two best defensive players coming from USC in the last ten years, both playing in a 3-4 ..............coincidence?????

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm writing because Im a huge Steelers fan and would like some insight on your team from OBJECTIVE (I stress OBJECTIVE) fans, because quite frankly I love digesting as much about my team's chances any given Sunday, especially SB Sunday. In turn, I'll share with you some thoughts, feelings, concerns about my team for your own consumption. I'm just gonna spit them out randomly:

1) I was at the STEELERS/Jets game last week and the whole time I kept checking the Packers Bears score because frankly I did not want to play you guys. I feel like it COULD be a bad bad matchup for us, and hey if I could play that headcase Cutler instead I'm all for it. When Rodgers is on he is scary. That first drive against the Bears was awesome.

2) That being said Rodgers can look bad too, and it seems to happen when there is a lot of pressure. I read a stat that your tackles gave up 20 sacks this season. That's horrible. I know you guys love your Matthews but Harrison is more of a beast. Timmons is a freak and will be a household name soon and our schemes themselves do not bode well for your tackles. I feel this is the biggest key to the SB.........WHO dictates the scheme. I'll repeat it..........who dictates the scheme. If you can't spread, or have to hold back your TE or back to contain the pressure, you may not be able to tap into our biggest weakness which is our secondary. If we are forced to drop Harrison back into covergae and whatnot and rush 3 or 4, it will be a long long day for us. Whoever dictates Greenbay's offense wins I believe. I feel like we could crush you, or you could beat us like the Patriots did this year and that was bad. I realize the Chicago D is very good but trust me when I say this...........the Steeler D is better. It is the best in the game. What will Greenbay do to help out on the tackles?

3) I saw some really nice runs by Starks but it seemed like it was because your line opened up gaping holes for him. He looks shifty and speedy but the Steelers D is very very sound on closing its gaps and filling their assignments. They do not get out of place often, and like you we have a fat strong NT that clogs up the lanes. I just dont see Starks going anywhere against the STEELERS. If you run to the outside, Polamalu has time to close the egdes (as does Timmons) and you arent running up the gut.......I'm sorry Packer Fans but it aint happening. He is a nice story but he is a small rookie from the University of Buffalo. I dont see him getting more than 50 yards, and I dont see the Pack getting more than 75 the whole game. The JETS have a very good football team and had 1 rushing yard against us in the first half with a big quality back in Greene and a very solid LT. McGahee and Ray Rice had 35 yrds against us the whole game. I will however say that the key to holding that number is Rodgers......if I were McCarthy I would have designed runs and roll outs against us. Rodgers looked pretty darn accurate on the run with some of his throws. That could hurt us

4) POUNCEY being out really really hurts. This is by far the worst development and is a massive advantage for you. We have an undrafted free agent who has never started at center ever playing int he SB against Raji???? CRAP! Its just not good at all ...........Not enough people are talking about this. It still allows us to run off tackle but up the gut but come passsing situations If Raji gets pressure and forces him out for Matthews and whomever it could be a long day for us. Raji might be the most important player in the game for you. That being said Ben won a SB two years ago with a less than average Oline, and this year he is in the SB again with this mess of a line so who knows what magic he can create. Let me stress something here....We lost a pro bowl caliber guard at the beginging of the season, then lost a pro bowl caliber tackle early in the season, and then just lost a future pro bowl center in the AFCC. We have lost 3 of our starting O-Lineman and have replecaed them with dog pooh. Brady Manning love makes you gag at times, and now Rodgers is getting the same gag love. All great QB's but with what Ben has (and what he does) he should be getting as much of that gag love as the others including your QB. The guy may be a pig, but he is one of the best. Sometimes I wonder if a bad O-line is good for us because it allows Ben more improvised plays. Who knows. We'd rather have Pouncey though.

5) I feel like our D is your worst mismatch in the league and your O is one of the worst mismatches for our D.......very interesting.

6) We ran against the Jets D at will.........and the Jets D is tough and sound. mendy is peaking and making much out of nothing lately. Your D better contain our running game and force us 3rd and long. Then we can watch matthews have 14 sacks against us cause Legursky stinks and cant contain Raji. If we impose our will on your D Line..........goodbye Packers.

7) How you guys are favorites is beyond me. More of that gag love for the QB with the **** stache...........still better looking than our fat drunken slob who forces college girls into bathrooms I admit. Having said that Rodgers is like Brady or Manning or Cutler...............when they get pressured they look far from the praise the media gives them. Pressure is the name of the game. It doesnt faze Ben.....he has that intangible thing.............some guys dont want to be behind late in the game and some guys cherish the opportunity to be the man under all the pressure. They want to carry their team on their back. Ben is that guy.........he is best when it matters most, and when the heat is tough. Just watch that last drive to beat the Cardinals in the SB......it was all Ben....Santonio was great but it was Ben who knew exactly where to go when our Oline couldnt contain the pressure that whole entire drive. How will Rodgers be when he gets hit a few times? He to me is like Brady....he will carve out any D when he can sit back there and dictate and if we rush 3 or 4 and you spread us he carve our great Steelers D. Im scared of that, but if we get pressure I just dont see the **** star being Ben.

8) GreenBay Pittsburgh - classic!! OWNERSHIP, FAN BASES, CHAMPIONSHIPS - just classic

10) Polamalu is off a bit. Best defensive player in the game period when healthy. Not even close...........he looks 80% but still better than Woodson at 80% hahah

11) You team scares me............so should ours.

12) Man the national media again is all about your receivers..........Im sorry but Wallace, Ward, Miller, Sanders, and Brown are comparable...........with Finley out it gives us a big upgrade over your TE, and Wallace is the most dangerous receiver in the SB and dont start with Driver or Jennings please....Wallace has 60 receptions for 1,257 yards with a crappy O-line and Ben who cant throw a good deep ball - yes I ssaid it his deep ball stinks. Wallace would have 1500 yards with your team. Driver and Ward are both senior citizens but get the job done......Ward is more of a complete receiver because of his blocking ability. Sanders and Brown are young but solid and this of course may be a key in theis matchup your 3rd and 4th guys versus our nickel and our 3rd and forth guys verus your nickel. I think when you spread out and dictate your scheme, your QB, and our lack of rush clearly MAKES your receivers better, but in all formations and spreads we are just as good. Stop drinking the kool aid Pack

13) I heard about how Brady couldnt get beaten and every one and their mother said the Pats would win the SB They had just beaten a few weeks prior the JETS 45 to 3 and had won 28 straight games at home. THINK ABOUT THAT. The cheaters lost at home. Everyone and their Mom said Flaccco had come of age and would beat the Steelers. Then after the JETS had beaten MANNING and BRADy both on the road that the STEELERS were going down. Now I hear how RODGERS is just too good. Media like to go on and on (like I am doing) about QB's without talking about all of the inticacies that affect the QB they are talking about - as if the QB is in a bubble, or we are playing NFL Madden. But their are 11 players on a defense that change the ability of every QB's effectiveness, and Mr Rodgers has not faced a better D. When I see you lose to the Lions 7 to 3, put up 9 against the Jets, and put up like 41 points against the Bears D in 3 games I have to ask myself what game is the national media watching?? Honestly................Brady, Manning, Brees - they are all at home............you can't love RaperBen I understand but do you have to gag on so much Rodgers? You fans have drunk the kool id. Hes very very very very very good but he could look very very very very average.

This is being objective?? Really???

OP
OP
S

StairwaytoSeven

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good responses. I dont disagree with much at all. I think this game in a nutshell comes down to coaching. We here in Pittsburgh think our OC is a complete moron and win in spite of him. Many think lebeau is a genius but then he takes his foot off the gas pedal sometimes letting teams back into the game making you want to cry when you should be celebrating because you just blew a big lead. Who takes advanatge of each other's weakness the best is what this comes down to. Can you spread us and take our LBers out of the equation giving Rodgers all day? Can we pressure and rattle Rodgers when your running game is not working or will he convert 3rd and longs? Will you give us 3 yards a carry or 4 to 5 yard s a carry?? There is no question - WE WILL STOP YOUR RUN. You may stop ours or you may not. We may pressure Rodgers and stop him or we may get abused by him. Stopping Mendy and pressuring Rodgers are the two biggest keys to this game.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"But their(sic) are 11 players on a defense that change the ability of every QB's effectiveness, and Mr Rodgers has not faced a better D."

To complete your objective analysis you might want to read
Advanced NFL Stats: Top Offenses > Top Defenses

Rogers and our offense will be fine against your supermen, imo.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've changed up our secondary schematically since the Patriots debacle. The Steelers secondary has always been seen as a weak link, but the second half of the season has shown them to be the bermuda triangle of football. Check the stats:

Team passing yardage allowed completions/attempt
OAK 121 20/43
BUF 220 20/33
BAL 226 17/33
CIN 156 20/32
NYJ 170 19/29
CAR 45 10/23
CLE 182 21/43
BAL 91 16/30
NYJ 219 20/33

Those are phenomenal numbers, doubly so since our run defense didn't slip at all.
Prior to mid-season, the Steelers D was the best in the league against the run and lousy against the pass. Now we're the best in the league against both.

OP
OP
S

StairwaytoSeven

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JBlood - he has NOT faced a better D yet - cant dispute that

people want to say you shouldnt put much weight into this game or that game. I disagree. If you had a QB rating of 43 all year would you expect him to put up a 120 in the SB? Likewise, if Gayron struggles against pressure, why do you think he will put up above average numbers against the Steelers? he should put up below average numbers. he had great games against Buffalo, Dallas, Minnesota, San Fran, and the Giants (all weak D's) as well as 1 good game (one against Atlanta which is pretty solid, and 2 very good games in the playoffs (including his best performance of the year against the Falcons which next to Vick's game against Washington was probably the best QB game of the year)

..............yet he threw 2 INT's against an ok Philly D in the opener, threw 2 INT's against Detroit in their first game, sacked 4 times and had an INT against Washington, 5 sacks and 1 INT against Miami, had no TD's against the Jets and scored 9 points, put up another stinker in a half against Detroit, and struggled against Chicago in all 3 games........

if I look at all the half decent D's to great D's I will say

Washington, Chicago, New York Jets, Miami, and I'll throw in Atlanta ..........

in those games he has 8 TD's and 6 INT's (before the Atlanta playoff game he had 5 TD's and 6 INT's)

AND now he is facing his most difficult challenge.

Against Buffalo, Dallas, NY Giants, and Minnesota he had 16 TD's and 2 INT's

for God's sake you lost to Detroit and almost lost to them a second time

The NFC is weaker than the AFC, the Bears are the weakest home team to host a conference championship game in I dont know how long (who had a chance to tie you with their 3rd string D late in the game), you lost to the friggin Lions and almost lost to them twice for God's sake, yet Rodgers strings together a bunch of great games versus Minnesota, Dallas, and teams like Buffalo and you think he will be just fine against the STEELERS, a scarier version of anything tough Rodgers struggled against?? Are you kidding me? The only way we lose this game and dont kill you guys is our coordinator goes soft and doesnt bring the heat. Rodgers was AWESOME in the Falcon game but other than that what game was overly impressive against a tough D???

Rodgers is very good, and if anything the fact that he is playing in a dome, it concerns me cause he is such a California boy and likes things just right to suit him and his port stache, but lets face it Cheesehaeads, he has not done well against D's that arent as good as ours.

OP
OP
S

StairwaytoSeven

Cheesehead
Reaction score
someone just put up stats for Steelers secondary - dude in those stats you list Oakland, Cleveland, Carolina who have girls as QB's not Rodgers..........I think your post is flawed

buy my comments about Rodgers are sound.........he struggles against good D's

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Likewise, if Gayron struggles against pressure, why do you think he will put up above average numbers against the Steelers?

Gayron? Really? What, are we back in Jr. High? That really the best you can do? That's almost as bad as Vikings fans calling him "Erin," as if that's an insult. I mean, they actually do have an Erin on their team.

But I digress: I know a lot of people like to make fun of your QB for his off-season escapades this past year, but the mods on our end are doing their part to try and curb that kind of talk, even issuing an apology to the fans of your team for the rude way many have reacted. Please, don't be a loser troll and do the same. It really detracts from your discussion and makes you sound jealous, bitter, and pathetic.

Thank you for your cooperation.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
someone just put up stats for Steelers secondary - dude in those stats you list Oakland, Cleveland, Carolina who have girls as QB's not Rodgers..........I think your post is flawed

buy my comments about Rodgers are sound.........he struggles against good D's

I know for a fact my post ain't flawed. I know what the change was ;) If you want to discard any of the teams, feel free (tho' I wouldn't be quick to dismiss Colt McCoy as "a girl". They also shut down Flacco and Sanchez twice.
Any which way you cut it, this secondary has become impenetrable. Check those numbers against San Diego (#1 pass defense this year).

bubbahotep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelers fans, you'd better get it through your head, you aren't going to roll us, and we aren't going to roll you. 6 losses by 20 points should tell you we are always in it to win it. When rodgers has a bad day, the defense makes up for it, same with big ben.

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelers fans, you'd better get it through your head, you aren't going to roll us, and we aren't going to roll you. 6 losses by 20 points should tell you we are always in it to win it. When rodgers has a bad day, the defense makes up for it, same with big ben.

Great post! I completely agree. If there is another QB in the league that emulates Ben I think it is Aaron. He extends plays, he runs for 1st downs, and seems to do what it takes to win.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not saying otherwise. I'm not even gonna predict a winner. That's what the game is for.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, McCoy sucks. Sanchez and Flacco are decent but inconsistant. I love our defense but I'm in no way sold on our secondary as being impenetrable (sic).

I don't care if you're "sold". The numbers speak for themselves. Your analysis is based on outdated information.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've changed up our secondary schematically since the Patriots debacle. The Steelers secondary has always been seen as a weak link, but the second half of the season has shown them to be the bermuda triangle of football. Check the stats:

Team passing yardage allowed completions/attempt
OAK 121 20/43
BUF 220 20/33
BAL 226 17/33
CIN 156 20/32
NYJ 170 19/29
CAR 45 10/23
CLE 182 21/43
BAL 91 16/30
NYJ 219 20/33

that would be

Campbell/Gradkowski....um barely average?
Fitzpatrick...quite new as a starter, I like him, but mostly average
Flacco...too young, playcalling in B-more makes no sense, inconsistent receivers
Palmer...meh, he can be good, but for the most part very inconsistent & surrounded by guys that don't love the game
Sanchez?...OVERRATED...honestly guy needs a lot more growing up to do
McCoy...most ability, but a 3rd round rookie
Flacco again w/ Oher playing out of position at LT
Sanchez...meh

not one of those QB's in my opinion, compare at all to Rodgers, none of them, except Carson, are pro-bowl players, all of them have weak passing games....not us (GREEN BAY)

Members online

Latest posts