O-line

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Coston back, has College's erratic play landed him a spot on the bench permanently? College just doesn't seem like he has the nastiness to play guard in the NFL.

Did anyone else think Clifton's wiff on the drive killing sack was an embarrassment? We could have taken the lead on that drive.

I thought we had the O-line worked out, but Dallas exposed some things tonight.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Coston back, has College's erratic play landed him a spot on the bench permanently? College just doesn't seem like he has the nastiness to play guard in the NFL.

Did anyone else think Clifton's wiff on the drive killing sack was an embarrassment? We could have taken the lead on that drive.

I thought we had the O-line worked out, but Dallas exposed some things tonight.

We're still pretty banged up on the oline. Tauscher's still playing hurt, and it kind of showed. Like I posted in another thread, hopefully having this long week between games will help everyone get the rest they need.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
couldnt agree more about colledge, the guy doesnt have what it takes, only reason he starts is becasue coston has had trouble staying healthy......
and the wiff was embarrasing yes, it killed momentum

irishpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dublin, Ireland, E.U., Earth, Milky Way, Universe,
Colledge Cut???? Well done Coston!!!

I am a huge fan of the O-line, and last night one Mr Daryn Colledge was doing nothing to impress me, and the descision to replace him with Junius Coston (then swaped with Spitz) had a dramatic effect on the protection the QB was getting. It was one of the reasons Rodgers had such a good game, and Favre didn't. Favre was under pressure every play and made bad descisions because of one man, colledge. this is proved by the fact that Coston made such a huge impression when he came on, the same time Rodgers did.

So spare a thought for MrCoston and MrSpitz, and more to the point well done McCarthy for making the call to pull Colledge who was simply atrocious and was responsible for multiple hits on brett. For shame...

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Colledge Cut???? Well done Coston!!!

It wouldn't surprise me to see Colledge starting again next week in spite of his poor play. We just don't seem to have many options. But he definitely needs to be benched.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colledge Cut???? Well done Coston!!!

Yeah. I agree.

Brett couldn't step into that one throw and threw up a duck. The he go creamed on that other play, and threw another duck.

I think if Favre didn't get hurt and he would have had better protection, he would have pulled that game out. He just needed to settle down and stop throwing bombs.

Plus, with half time adjustments, and the fact that Brett always plays better in the 4th qtr, it might have been a different game.

Oh well.

slowsinistermo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
forget all there so called weapons and playmakers......DID YOU SEE THAT O-LINE??? those guys are huge and absolutely shut us down, we didnt have a pass rush all night long and could seldom slow down MBIII...I didn't see Kampman all night long, this is what really makes this team tick, and im not sure if we can beat them

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offendsive

With the rather unimpressive showing of the Offensive line last night, perhaps it's time to rethink the zone blocking scam?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre and Rodgers were both getting killed back there. When Favre went down, I was really worried for Rodgers because he doesn't have Favre's experience at reading blitzes. This is NOT a slight on Rodgers, I'm talking about his health.

Come draft time, I really hope TT will be making OL a priority. I think Cliffy fell asleep on one play and Colledge is going to get one of our QBs killed.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know if the ZB system is to blame for our woes, although I do feel that Cliffy and Tauscher are not prototypical T's for this scheme.

They drafted a bunch of interior linemen that they thought would fit this scheme, the problem is that while they may fit the scheme they are not very good.

FromIrving

Cheesehead
Reaction score
forget all there so called weapons and playmakers......DID YOU SEE THAT O-LINE??? those guys are huge and absolutely shut us down, we didnt have a pass rush all night long and could seldom slow down MBIII...I didn't see Kampman all night long, this is what really makes this team tick, and im not sure if we can beat them

That is the main reason Dallas is having as much success as they're having in my opinion. You can have all the weapons in the world but if your QB does not have time to throw it doesn't matter.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We hardly even use the ZBS anymore. Plus, its not used in pass protection, which is what was the issue for the most part last night. The run blocking was solid, but unspectacular.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That o-line of Dallas is the type of line I would like to see Green Bay employ again in the future-- big and powerful.
The undersized ZBS lineman just don't get it done, at least in Green Bay.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd bet a lot of money that if you asked Thompson if he's satisfied with the talent level of his line, he'd say no. Don't be surprised to see Thompson spend a few bucks on a free agent guard this year.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:-? As a note be aware that both Atlanta and Denver that uses the same system GB now employs have not done very well lately. Perhaps the rest of the league has determined how to manhandle this blocking scheme? Hopefully TT and McCarthy will see the error of their ways or else prove the efficacy of this system. My bets on a change.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darren Colledge is awful, im serious. I dont think hed start in many franchises. Coston is our guy for now.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:-? As a note be aware that both Atlanta and Denver that uses the same system GB now employs have not done very well lately. Perhaps the rest of the league has determined how to manhandle this blocking scheme? Hopefully TT and McCarthy will see the error of their ways or else prove the efficacy of this system. My bets on a change.

I sure hope so. Because this isn't working.

Grant's yards are earned. They're all on Grant, not the OL.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The O-line must be upgraded next year.

If a free agent can be had for a resonable price it would be worth the investment.

Cliffy is nearing the end and TT had better start looking at drafting a replacement.

largetree

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darren Colledge is awful, im serious. I dont think hed start in many franchises. Coston is our guy for now.

Colledge is mis-cast. They should groom him for left tackle, the position he played in college and wants to play now (I assume). He's just not an inside guy but does have the ability / footwork to handle the LT position. I think he would play better in space instead of inside where the big bruisers are head hunting.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brennan1884 said:

Colledge is mis-cast. They should groom him for left tackle, the position he played in college and wants to play now (I assume). He's just not an inside guy but does have the ability / footwork to handle the LT position. I think he would play better in space instead of inside where the big bruisers are head hunting.

In space or in a crowd.......Thursday night he stunk.

On one of Favres picks he was working in space and got beat cold.

Members online

Latest posts