O-line starters!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who does everyone think will be the opening day starters tackle to tackle this season?

LT - Clifton
LG - Colledge
C - Wells
RG - Coston
RT - Tauscher

We can try this exercise again in early August!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me to see Spitz in there somewhere considering I'm not terribly impressed with anyone we have at RG I'd think it would be there.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coston will be given every chance to win the starting job, I have a feeling, Jags was in love with him when coaching Atlanta

LT-Chad Clifton
LG-Junius Coston
C-Scott Wells
RG-Darryn Colledge
RT-Mark Tauscher

Backups-- Jason Spitz, Kevin Barry, Will Whitticker

Tony Moll could make an impact, not this year, he was a tight end until two years ago

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clifton
Klemm
White
Verba
Tauscher

just kidding...
actually, right now I think it will be:
Clifton
Colledge
Wells
Whitticker
Tauscher

Coston, Spitz, Klemm and White will push all of the inside guys though and it's a gamble on who will win.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the sake of being a little different...

Clifton
Colledge
Spitz
Wells
Tauscher

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a June 1 cut show up on the team

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LT: Clifton
LG: Colledge
OC: Wells
RG: Barry or Tausher
RT: Tausher or Barry

Read there going to let Barry contend for the starting RG spot. I think he's our 3rd best lineman on the roster.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's a pretty good fat-waste-of-space, but i don't know if he will be able to contend for the guard spot... but i'm sure if he does get released he will get snatched up by the many number of teams who are looking for a starting U-71.... that position is tough to fill. so tough, in fact, that most NFL teams don't even HAVE a starting U-71!

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
For the sake of being a little different...

Clifton
Colledge
Spitz
Wells
Tauscher

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a June 1 cut show up on the team

Yah, I have the feeling that one of the guys on the O-line will be added after we pick someone up after cuts. But if we dont, I think it will be

LT-Chad Clifton
LG-Colledge
C-Scott Wells (Maybe Spitz later on in the season)
RG-Kevin Barry (" ")
RT-Mark Tascher

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colledge pretty much already has the LG job. Unless he gets hurt..its his job.

LT - Clifton
LG - Colledge
C - Wells
RG - Spitz
RT - Tauscher

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
Coston will be given every chance to win the starting job, I have a feeling, Jags was in love with him when coaching Atlanta

LT-Chad Clifton
LG-Junius Coston
C-Scott Wells
RG-Darryn Colledge
RT-Mark Tauscher

Backups-- Jason Spitz, Kevin Barry, Will Whitticker

Tony Moll could make an impact, not this year, he was a tight end until two years ago

JW (subject ot change)84,

I would be surprised if Colledge would be put at RG. He played LT in college and RG seems to be too much of a move for him as a rookie. I don't know about him but some players have a hard time getting comfortable with which hand they put down before the snap. He may not have a problem with it but I think the coaches won't even bother having him line up on the right side.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of players stunk it up as rookies, including Rodgers, Favre, Franks, Wahle, and Rivera.

Don't be so fast to wite off Whitticker.

We as fans should be patient with Colledge and Spitz. Don't call for them to be cut after their first season.

Colledge has the talent to start at LG.
Coston and perhaps Spitz will compete at RG with Whitticker.
It appears Coston will not be concentrating on Center.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
he's a pretty good fat-waste-of-space, but i don't know if he will be able to contend for the guard spot... but i'm sure if he does get released he will get snatched up by the many number of teams who are looking for a starting U-71.... that position is tough to fill. so tough, in fact, that most NFL teams don't even HAVE a starting U-71!

That was Sherman. He turned down more money with the Lions who wanted him to start at RT to play for the Pack because McCarthy told him he believes he's the 3rd best lineman on the roster and will contend to start.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot would depend on the needs of the new blocking system, IMO. Barry and Whittaker are "biggies" who may have problems moving out quickly. This will be a VERY interesting pre-season. Spitz has an "interesting face", not football like. Of course, Tauscher was ridiculed for his "baby-face" but everyone loves him now.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packman5 said:
Klemm better not be a starter cus he sucked last year and so did Whitticker

Whitt was a raw 7th round rookie thrown into the fire. He had to fill Rivera's spot, which changed things for Tauscher and Flanny. Flanny was nursing an injury all season and had to be concerned about 3 positions -- his own and the 2 newbies next to him.

Considering all of those problems, Whitt gained some great experience that he can build on for this season. Don't count him out over rookie year struggles. Heck, Wahle almost got cut because he sucked so bad as a LT, but he turned into one of the best OGs in the game.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
o linemen need lots of room for growing pains. i'm not sure whether whittiker will be any good, but you definitely can't count someone out after a rookie year. NFL blocking systems are extremely complex and take a lot of time to learn. even if a roookie does learn the system, he's still thinking about what he's supposed to be doing rather than a veteran who just plays football. you can't think when you're playing, that's why there's practice... lots and lots of practice. more practice than a player can get in during a three month span before the season starts.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT,
Looks good to me. Much more competitive this year than last when options were very limited.
I see Coston over Whitt because of the system. This is the perfect fit for Coston more so than Whitt.
Both rookies are nasty. I like that. We will be reading about some fistacuffs in practice.

Members online

Latest posts