Number of Draft picks for next year

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think i read in the article from Packernews.com about TT that we only have 5 picks for next year, and that he said that is going to change. It's pretty obvious that we will probably get a top ten pick and now it seems that TT will trade down and get some more picks, even if we do if fact are in the position to get Reggie bush (watched that game on saturday...wow)

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ChuckSTG said:
I think i read in the article from Packernews.com about TT that we only have 5 picks for next year, and that he said that is going to change. It's pretty obvious that we will probably get a top ten pick and now it seems that TT will trade down and get some more picks, even if we do if fact are in the position to get Reggie bush (watched that game on saturday...wow)

Exactly...I've been raving about Reggie Bush all year. He's as explosive of a RB as there is in college football and really no reason to think that it won't continue in the pros. I hope the Packers get him but I really think he'll get gone before GB is on the clock. The Packers are going to win tomorrow night, putting them ahead of how many wins the Texans are going to get IMO.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we are beyond the trading deadline but in the off season...

Perhaps Ted Thompson can get a 2nd and 3rd round pick for Rodgers.

Maybe he can get a 3rd round for Ferguson and Martin.

I don't think anyone would want Carroll or Washington.

I think these are the unproductive guys who are under contract for 2006.

OP
OP
C

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade rodgers...riight.

I agree with getting some picks for Ferguson, Chatman has been way more productive.

Need another corner to give carrol a push.

Hope Washington does something with his life

Reaction score
Lets not forget compensation picks. We lost Whale and Rivera, so I expect a high compensation pick! But TT will get the most out of this draft. Don't forget, we have a LB from this years draft on IR, so he will essentialy be a rookie next year too. Then there are always the undrafted free-agents. If Manning is any indication, TT can really pick them! Plus Coston and White are all rookies too who should get more PT next year. And not to mention Washington (if he ever figures it out). So we will have many "rookies" next year regardless, and I expect TT to trade down a little to pick up a couple of extra draft picks at least.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is the Packers will finish around 6-10...putting them around pick number 10.

That is an ideal spot to "trade down" with a team coveting a player.

As far as trade bait, you have to have something to get something.

Right now, the only player of trade value is Al Harris. Fat chance the Packers give away their best corner. Why on earth would you trade Aaron Rodgers? Robert Ferguson has little trade value. David Martin? Huh?

The Packers will need a running back(or 2), a hippo on the d-line(Grady is gone-oh) and another rush end.

They will also need a third QB, as I suspect Nall will head to a team like the Jets or the Cardinals.

With the extreme number of Packer FA's this off-season, TT will have his hands full. But the team next year will be very different, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Look for the Packers to have a new kicker, too. Longwell will head to warmer climes where he can golf more.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Net I dont see the Pack letting go of Longwell. He is far to reliable of a Kicker for the Pack to be just let go. I look for his contract to be extended before the end of the year.

I do look for Nall to be trade bait I believe he still has one year left asfter this year. I agree Rodgers wont be traded and why should he he hasnt done anything yet to be of any value.

I am really excited about the offseason because I think If TT wants to make some moves on impact players it will happen. I also look for TT to make a move on Owens. If nothing else to make a SB run with what I believe Will be Favres last year next year.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
Robert Ferguson has little trade value. David Martin?

I'm sure we could always get a 5th, 6th or 7th round pick for either of these guys. I get the feeling that's something Thompson likes to do anyway. We can always find a couple of gems in the later rounds.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
I know we are beyond the trading deadline but in the off season...

Perhaps Ted Thompson can get a 2nd and 3rd round pick for Rodgers.

Maybe he can get a 3rd round for Ferguson and Martin.

I don't think anyone would want Carroll or Washington.

I think these are the unproductive guys who are under contract for 2006.

Why trade a 1st round QB for a 2nd or 3rd round pick?? Rodgers hasn't even gotten a chance to prove he belongs yet...

Martin has no value, but he's been picking up his play. He's a cheap 2nd or 3rd string TE who adds good backup value to the team.

Fergie will stay pending his play at the end of this year. If he's solid, then they have to keep him because no one knows how well Walker and Murphy will come back next year.

Washington has to work his @$$ off not to get cut, no value. Carroll on the other hand is our 2nd best CB. That won't change this year. He's a good player and only 22. He needs to grow up, but he's not going anywhere.

TT will gain draft picks this year through trading draft picks, not players. We cannot afford to trade players who have value right now, and those who don't won't yield anything.