NOW what's your thoughts on Lions game?

liljohn5115

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We Will Win This Game But Not A Blow Out And It Wont Be An Easy Win. We All Love The Pack And We All Watched During The Preseason And Were Like Damn This Team Is Good. We Have Not Looked Good By Far. We Were Dominating Teams In The Preseason And We Cant Beat The Bleeping Bengals At Home! I Feel U When U Say We Are Just Like Last Year Because We Are. Not As Good As I Thought We Would Be But The Packers Are My Team And I Love Them Win Or Lose. No Bandwagon This Way!!!

Although i'm disappointed about the bengals game, because in fact, it was the bengals. You cant really talk about the bengals being bad like they were for as long as we can remember. They are a different team this year. They've beat the pack, steelers, and the ravens. As well as the close loss to the undefeated Broncos.. They are atop the tough AFC North which had 2 teams in the AFC conference championship last year!

thetrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my opinion?packers beat lions,ravens beat vikings and falcons beat bears.packers get closer to first place:happy0005::viksux::chisux::detsux:.lol.j/k guys but seriously go chesseheads

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I think it's a Central Division game... yeah... Central Division. It's going to be a tough game regardless of records.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a Central Division game... yeah... Central Division. It's going to be a tough game regardless of records.
You are an old school guy are you not? The North is what it is called now but yeah north division games are usually pretty close and I think the Lions are going to get better with a new staff and all. Packers by 10 although an upset would be great for my team but rodgers is too good and will shred the secondary of Detroit. Go Lions!:jester:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are an old school guy are you not? The North is what it is called now but yeah north division games are usually pretty close and I think the Lions are going to get better with a new staff and all. Packers by 10 although an upset would be great for my team but rodgers is too good and will shred the secondary of Detroit. Go Lions!:jester:
The Lions have a secondary??? :shock:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is a top 5 qb IMO behind The manning boys, Brees and Tom Brady so the pack could be very dominate quickly. The Vikings had everything else except a qb so that should show everybody how important a stud QB can do for a team. Ted Thompson will be going after lineman in the draft but then your ageing secondary will have to be replaced soon so I think Free agents are the way to win now. Look at the contracts the Vikings have brought in with Allen, Berrian, Hutchinson, Favre and Chester Taylor. Ziggi is opening up his wallet to make Minnesota dominate something Murphy and Thompson will have to do. (you could also add the money to re-sign Winfield as part of ziggi's deep pockets)

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Crunch time for the Packers ...

I think, that IF the players go into the game against the Lions with the "mind-set" that alot of the posters on these boards have ... then they are setting themselves up for a huge "upset" ...

I for one, do not think the Lions are as bad as their 1-4 record suggests ... Their 2 recent games kinda "supports" this ... - For a long while they were still "hanging in there" against the Steelers (alot better than the Packers were able to "hang in there" against the Vikings for an example).

Playing against a division opponent and an opponent who has absolutely nothing to lose, is always dangerous ..., and reading articles and interviews from the team doesn't really make me think that this game will be a "blow-out" (as it should be, if you look on the "paper") ...

The match-up against the Lions is a very possible "no-win" scenario ..., because everyone expects the Packers to win regardless ...

Much was said and written during the off-season about this "promising" Packers team ... and the "hype" went to soaring heights during the pre-season, with speaks of Super-bowl contender etc etc etc ... However, 4 games (for the Packers) and 5 for most other teams, into the season, the "picture" is looking very different ...

The Packers might very well (yet again) have one of the youngest and most talented teams in the league, but talent alone won't produce wins ...

Personally I find myself in a "tough" spot when having to make a pick in this game, because I actually see the possibility of an "upset" this sunday, being very likely ... - And I won't be surprised if it happens ... - Then again if the Packers win, I won't be surprised either ... because that is what everyone is expecting ...

"Anything can happen on any given Sunday", has never rung more true than in this case, in my opinion ... The "no-win" scenario is an almost certain ... Because:

If the Packers win - That's what everone expected and it will not really give the Packers much as in terms of "momentum", because of that fact ...

If the Packers lose - One has to wonder what it says about management and their "team-building" process ... 5 years into the "rebuilding" "Era" of Ted Thomsen, and still no (notable) actions or "demands" seems eminent from the board of directors, despite "poor" results ... - Had it been another "business" any "responsible" board would have taken actions ...

Granted 3-2 going into week 7 look better, but one has to wonder if it might not actually be better for the Packers to actually be 2-3 at that point, because some times ... what people need is a "serious" wake up call, rather than being "lulled" into believing something that just isn't true ...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At home, I expect the Packers to roll. With that being said detroit is always tough in the division. If Baltimore can beat the Vikes which should be a great game and Chicago haveing a tough game this week. The Pack could be sitting pretty by sunday night. They could be one game back real easy in acouple days so your right I hope for you guys that they don't look ahead as a division foe is always tough. Should be a stellar weekend of football.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
At home, I expect the Packers to roll. With that being said detroit is always tough in the division. If Baltimore can beat the Vikes which should be a great game and Chicago haveing a tough game this week. The Pack could be sitting pretty by sunday night. They could be one game back real easy in acouple days so your right I hope for you guys that they don't look ahead as a division foe is always tough. Should be a stellar weekend of football.

I just don't see the Ravens win in the Dome against the Vikings ... I'm looking forward to that game as it will be a "Clash of Titans" (so to speak) and no doubt it will be an awesome game to watch ... - But in the end I think the Vikings will prevail and be 6-0. Comparing the players on both teams and how each team has progressed through out the season so far game for game ... The Vikings are on a "rise", improving as each week goes by, where as the Ravens have been declining ...

The same seems to be true for the Packers ... I read alot of other posts on various boards about how the Vikings are overrated and before every game about how #4 is going to "revert" back to his "old self" and throw multiple "up for grabs" ... - for 5 games straight "Old Greybeard" has proven his critics wrong, on almost every occassion ... - Granted he hasn't had a "Stellar" game in all 5 games, but really ... what it "boils" down to are wins vs loses ..., something that alot of fans seem to forget, when the numbers don't support their arguements ...

Personally at this point (I know alot can change, but I just don't see it at this point), I think it will come down to the 2 games; Vikings and Bears will be playing, which will determine the winner of the NFC North ...

At this point I think Vikings and Bears will advance from NFC North. - I just don't see the Packers being able to contend in the long run (yet again) this season ...

Another game I'm looking forward to watch is Bears @ Atlanta ... - will be interesting to see the Falcons and if they are able to "roll on" ...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't see the Ravens win in the Dome against the Vikings ... I'm looking forward to that game as it will be a "Clash of Titans" (so to speak) and no doubt it will be an awesome game to watch ... - But in the end I think the Vikings will prevail and be 6-0. Comparing the players on both teams and how each team has progressed through out the season so far game for game ... The Vikings are on a "rise", improving as each week goes by, where as the Ravens have been declining ...

The same seems to be true for the Packers ... I read alot of other posts on various boards about how the Vikings are overrated and before every game about how #4 is going to "revert" back to his "old self" and throw multiple "up for grabs" ... - for 5 games straight "Old Greybeard" has proven his critics wrong, on almost every occassion ... - Granted he hasn't had a "Stellar" game in all 5 games, but really ... what it "boils" down to are wins vs loses ..., something that alot of fans seem to forget, when the numbers don't support their arguements ...

Personally at this point (I know alot can change, but I just don't see it at this point), I think it will come down to the 2 games; Vikings and Bears will be playing, which will determine the winner of the NFC North ...

At this point I think Vikings and Bears will advance from NFC North. - I just don't see the Packers being able to contend in the long run (yet again) this season ...

Another game I'm looking forward to watch is Bears @ Atlanta ... - will be interesting to see the Falcons and if they are able to "roll on" ...

Should be a memorable season for the NFC North. Vikings clearly have a leg-up, but their pass defense could be their Waterloo. I don't see the Bears reaching the playoffs - they're game as hell, but they don't have enough firepower on offense and they're banged-up on defense. Green Bay has a cuupcake of a schedule remaining and they've yet to play well, which I think we all agree they're capable of doing.

If Minny can beat Baltimore, then I'd say they win the North. If not, Green Bay will win the division. Not sure about wild cards this year - lots of good teams and lots of bad teams.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Rodgers is a top 5 qb IMO behind The manning boys, Brees and Tom Brady so the pack could be very dominate quickly. (...)

I wouldn't put Rodgers in the same position as those just yet ... - Yes his stats (on paper) are impressive, but even Romo has clinched more wins than Rodgers and those two are actually comparable, both in play style, as well as "career startings" ... Rodgers needs to "prove" he is a "top10" quarterback ... and so far (based on last seasons and 4-5 games into this one) he hasn't produced (unless you only go by "fantasy stats") ...

Should be a memorable season for the NFC North. Vikings clearly have a leg-up, but their pass defense could be their Waterloo. I don't see the Bears reaching the playoffs - they're game as hell, but they don't have enough firepower on offense and they're banged-up on defense. Green Bay has a cuupcake of a schedule remaining and they've yet to play well, which I think we all agree they're capable of doing.

If Minny can beat Baltimore, then I'd say they win the North. If not, Green Bay will win the division. Not sure about wild cards this year - lots of good teams and lots of bad teams.

I agree that the Vikings pass defense needs some (serious) improving, however, even in games where they haven't been able to contain the pass, - yet the Vikings have still won ... And the game against the Packers showed that they are in fact able to "contain" some of the pass (when they aren't going into "prevent-defense" ...). And that is among one of the reasons why I think the Vikings will still win against the Ravens come Sunday ... Flacco will be easier to "rattle" than #4 and that is what it will come down to I think ...

The opposite could be said about the Packers ... - The Packers have managed to put some relatively good numbers up, but have failed to "convert" those numbers into wins ...

I think most managers would rather have a team that wins ugly, but still wins, rather than a team that plays like a "dream", but loses ... or ?

And the Packers schedule, might not be as "cup-cake" as you would like to think ...

In the end we'll see after Sunday :)

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the Packers schedule, might not be as "cup-cake" as you would like to think ...

Well, the only way I could accept this argument is if the Packers aren't as good as I thought, and I'm not convinced - YET - that is the case.

I see only a handful of potentially difficult home games for Green Bay (but all are somewhat easily winnable):
@Green Bay versus Minnesota
@Green Bay versus San Fran
@Green Bay versus Baltimore
@Green Bay versus Seattle

So, I would expect no worse than a split of the above games. Then, there are only (2) difficult road games:
@Pittsburgh
@Arizona

Pittsburgh is not the defense they were last season, but they play well at home, so I will concede a loss. Likewise, Arizona is not the same explosive offense as last season and they're near the bottom of the league in pass defense. Green Bay wins this game.

So, I see 11-5 at this point and at worst, a wildcard. However, this is all based on Clifton not missing any additional time and having Tauscher start by the Minnesota game.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the only way I could accept this argument is if the Packers aren't as good as I thought, and I'm not convinced - YET - that is the case.

I see only a handful of potentially difficult home games for Green Bay (but all are somewhat easily winnable):

So, I would expect no worse than a split of the above games. Then, there are only (2) difficult road games:
@Pittsburgh
@Arizona

Pittsburgh is not the defense they were last season, but they play well at home, so I will concede a loss. Likewise, Arizona is not the same explosive offense as last season and they're near the bottom of the league in pass defense. Green Bay wins this game.

So, I see 11-5 at this point and at worst, a wildcard. However, this is all based on Clifton not missing any additional time and having Tauscher start by the Minnesota game.
I would put Chicago away, and take out SF and possibly Dallas at home. Dallas is kind of in the same situation as we are: very talented team, but not living up to the expectations...

I don't think SF is a big deal, unlike Seattle (given Hasselback is healthy).

The rest I totally agree...

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
(...)

If this was in the off-season of even during the pre-season I would have agreed with you - hands down, but ... Given the last 4 games ... it would appear that the Packers are indeed not as good as "everyone" think they are ...

Now assuming that the Packers win their next two games (against the Lions and the Browns, - 2 games, where I only pick the Packers as "sure winners" against the Browns ...) they will be 4-2 going into:

Unless something seriously changes in the next 2 weeks my bet would be on the Vikings on this ...
- a loss (4-3)

Before having seen 49'ers last game, I would have said the 49'ers would give the Packers a "run for their money", however ... now I'm more inclined to think the Packers will win this one ...
- a win (4-4)

The Packers really need to step up big and get their defense as well as offense in shape to win this one ...
- a loss (4-5)

Based on Seattles last game ... it would seem that Hasselbäck has returned rejuvenated ... - could go either way ...
- 50/50 (so we'll call it a draw either being 5-5 or 4-6)

@Pittsburgh
You are right, the Steelers are not what they were last season, however, as a team I still think they are better than the Packers currently are ... at this point I'm inclined to go with the Steelers ...
- a loss (5-6 / 4-7)

@Arizona
At this point I believe the Packers to be able to win this one ...
- a win (6-6 / 5-7)

As always we can only speculate, however, - I just don't see the return of Clifton and Tauscher being the "definite" answer to the problems the Packers are currently facing ...

The upcoming game against the Lions is a "tough" one, because it's a "no-win" situation ... - Even if the Packers win - the questions still remain, because Packers are "supposed" to win this one ... And if the Packers lose ... well ... that should speak for it self ...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The paeckers also have a tough stretch at the end of the season. I think all 3 could get in with dallas being down. Giants and Philly will be in the mix and maybe Atlanta out of the west So why not have both wild cards out of the North? I see only Arizona/Atlanta and either the Giants or Philly out of the east so it could happen

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would put Chicago away, and take out SF and possibly Dallas at home. Dallas is kind of in the same situation as we are: very talented team, but not living up to the expectations...

I don't think SF is a big deal, unlike Seattle (given Hasselback is healthy).

The rest I totally agree...

I didn't list Dallas, because they're not very good - at least at this point.

San Francisco plays the style of defense that gives WCO's fits, so they will remain on my list until they prove to really be a fluke.

Chicago doesn't worry me because we already beat them and they really don't have an offense that can match Green Bay's. Also, their linebacking corps - their heart and soul - is depleted.

So, I guess I am arguing that Green Bay has a very, very favorable schedule the rest of the way and if they don't make the playoffs, there are issues that probably won't be fixed in an offseason.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't put Rodgers in the same position as those just yet ... - Yes his stats (on paper) are impressive, but even Romo has clinched more wins than Rodgers and those two are actually comparable, both in play style, as well as "career startings" ... Rodgers needs to "prove" he is a "top10" quarterback ... and so far (based on last seasons and 4-5 games into this one) he hasn't produced (unless you only go by "fantasy stats") ...

I agree that the Vikings pass defense needs some (serious) improving, however, even in games where they haven't been able to contain the pass, - yet the Vikings have still won ... And the game against the Packers showed that they are in fact able to "contain" some of the pass (when they aren't going into "prevent-defense" ...). And that is among one of the reasons why I think the Vikings will still win against the Ravens come Sunday ... Flacco will be easier to "rattle" than #4 and that is what it will come down to I think ...

The opposite could be said about the Packers ... - The Packers have managed to put some relatively good numbers up, but have failed to "convert" those numbers into wins ...

I think most managers would rather have a team that wins ugly, but still wins, rather than a team that plays like a "dream", but loses ... or ?

In the end we'll see after Sunday :)
Stats are overated IMO as Brett threw one pass against the Pack in the 4th qtr, The Vikings were up by 16 with 3 1/2 minutes to go remember. Favre was throwing at 81% before that last pass against the Pack so Brett could of kept finding his recievers and picked up some more yards if the Vikes so inclined but Childress had to put in the lame *** chilly ball which gave the pack a chance to get back in it. I hate when he does that! This is a big weekend for all because I think Chicago losses this weekend which could tie-up The Pack and the Bears. So if the Vikings lose it will be wild in the North. I predict the Vikings win but you never know. Anyway should be plenty of beers and hopefully not too many cuss words to help enjoy. Good luck to the pack

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect this one will be similar to the Rams game a few weeks ago. Packers won by 19 but it was just a 6 point lead well into the second half.

Detroit has been competitive in most of its games this year. They led Minnesota and were even with Chicago at the half in those games and thew some worrisome moments late vs. Pittsburgh last week.

Looking at the stats there's not a great distance between the Packers & Lions at this point. They've usually had a bad half or quarter that's cost them games so far.

But this is a game the Packers should win and had better win.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. We have to win this game. If not there's a good possiblility that we could drop two to the Lions this year, since that Thanksgiving game is always a toss-up for the Pack.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts