NOW what's your thoughts on Lions game?

GoPackGo!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After seeing the Lions this week against Pittsburgh what do you think will be the outcome of the Packers vs Lions game? Even though the Lions did not win they hung in there with defending superbowl champs. I don't think it is a safe bet that the Packers will win next week considering how the Lions got through the Pittsburgh offensive line and brought down Big Ben, I think it was 3 times for sacks. I just hope this buy will give us the time to get healthy and fix our OLine. Who do you think is going to win next week and why?
:detsux:??

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, the Packers will win this because I feel they have more skill people. Although, it will be a good game imo. But pack will come out on top!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calvin Johnson is going to play? Matthew Stafford is going to play? If they play, it's a close victory. If not, it's a victory. It's at Lambeau. If it were right now, with them, at Ford Field, I don't know, but it's not.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The O-line will be the same, no miracles will happen in two weeks. I truly believe the lions will be more fired up for this game than the Pack. Lets face it, this game is a big let down from Monday Night. I have come to grips that the Pack is no different from last year. We lose several heart breakers this year again by 7 pts or less. Pack lose by less than 3 pts to the lions.

If you think about it we are really no different from last year, maybe worse. The O-line is for sure no better and I would argue worse. The defense may have improved in some areas but we have lost ground in others. A perfect example is Kampman. He is no longer a big play game changer player, he is an average Outside LB.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What? How could you argue the Packers O-Line will be worse when Clifton will be back in the lineup along with Tauscher(probably)? These 2 guys add tons of experience to the line and although they will still give up some sacks, I'm thinking it will improve at least a little bit.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can beat the Lions, but they're gonna be tough. We absolutely cannot overlook them. Nor should our players make jokes at their expense (See Jermichael Finley's twitter comments.)

They're desperate to prove themselves, are much improved over last season and would love to get a big win over a division rival. They've played tough in every game thus far. I think we really need to come out swinging.

I think our O line will be improved, though we might still have some problems. We should get Clifton back this week, plus we're rumored to be signing Tauscher sometime this week, which should provide some depth. Plus Barbre has stepped up since week 1, so I think our O line will be better.

Either way, we cannot afford to go down any more games. Lets hope our team plays like a man possessed.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What? How could you argue the Packers O-Line will be worse when Clifton will be back in the lineup along with Tauscher(probably)? These 2 guys add tons of experience to the line and although they will still give up some sacks, I'm thinking it will improve at least a little bit.

Thats true if they were healthy. Clifton is 33+ years old coming off yet another injury. Tauscher coming off major knee surgery, he won't be in condition and hasn't put the pads on since last year. Yes it could be worse.

I would rather put Lang and Barbe in at tackle, either develop them or give TT the motivation to do something about in the off season. Otherwise next year we will be with 2 old (one year older) injury prone tackles and in the same situation we are in this year.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The O-line will be the same, no miracles will happen in two weeks. I truly believe the lions will be more fired up for this game than the Pack. Lets face it, this game is a big let down from Monday Night. I have come to grips that the Pack is no different from last year. We lose several heart breakers this year again by 7 pts or less. Pack lose by less than 3 pts to the lions.

If you think about it we are really no different from last year, maybe worse. The O-line is for sure no better and I would argue worse. The defense may have improved in some areas but we have lost ground in others. A perfect example is Kampman. He is no longer a big play game changer player, he is an average Outside LB.
I get your feeling, but the thing is our shedule is MUCH easier than last year's. Browns, Buccaneers, Lions (at least at home)... You get my point.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get your feeling, but the thing is our schedule is MUCH easier than last year's. Browns, Buccaneers, Lions (at least at home)... You get my point.

It makes me sick to think if we would have gotten a player or 2 in free agency for the O-line where we would be now with that schedule. I understand what you are saying, but I am not sure if the winless lions gave up 20 sacks in the first 4 games last year. You won't win may games giving up that many sacks no matter who you are playing.

MilwaukeePackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We Will Win This Game But Not A Blow Out And It Wont Be An Easy Win. We All Love The Pack And We All Watched During The Preseason And Were Like Damn This Team Is Good. We Have Not Looked Good By Far. We Were Dominating Teams In The Preseason And We Cant Beat The Bleeping Bengals At Home! I Feel U When U Say We Are Just Like Last Year Because We Are. Not As Good As I Thought We Would Be But The Packers Are My Team And I Love Them Win Or Lose. No Bandwagon This Way!!!

:detsux:

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see what you're saying Dilligaff. The dilemma of young unproven and healthy o-lineman or the very much proven, but injury-prone vets. Here's to hoping that they both have healed and can perform decently without problems.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Stafford and C. Johnson are healthy this game is going to be too close for comfort. This is a divisional game and the Lions will play better than what they usually as will the Pack but this game is by no means at all an easy win.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
We gotta stop acting like the Bengals should have been a blow out victory. Yes, we all thought it was gonna be, but that was before they defeated Pittsburg, Baltimore, and lost close to the 5-0 Broncos (thx sparta). Bengals came to play this year, i've said it before and I'll say it more. 1 win over a division rival, 2 losses to 2 playoff contenders, and 1 win over the lambs. We seriously can't make any predictions still.

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey and as of this mornging Pack signed Tauscher back. I really dont know his injury status but he will definatley help bring some exprience to the line, thats for sure.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We gotta stop acting like the Bengals should have been a blow out victory. Yes, we all thought it was gonna be, but that was before they defeated Pittsburg, Baltimore, and lost close to the 3-1 49ers. Bengals came to play this year, i've said it before and I'll say it more. 1 win over a division rival, 2 losses to 2 playoff contenders, and 1 win over the lambs. We seriously can't make any predictions still.

Actually they lost to the now 5-0 Broncos. And yesterday Cedric Benson became the first running back to rush for more than 100 yards against the Ravens defense in some 40+ games. It's say to say the Bengals are a much better team this season than anyone thought.

It still doesn't excuse the loss, and I don't believe in moral victories. Not when it comes to football anyway. We should be the type of team other teams don't want to play against. The type of team that makes opponents fans nervous. The type of team that, not only gets hype, but lives up to every expectation. When people use the words "Dominant, commanding, great," they should be discussing us. Not other teams. I'm sick of hearing how good the Ravens are. How good the ****ing Vikings are. How good the Giants are. It should be us in that conversation each and every single year. Not them.

:paladin:

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I Full Heartedly agree with you Sparta, but the sad part is ESPN has tunnel vision and can only put the playoff teams from last year into that category. We all know that 1 fieldgoal would have led us to the playoffs last year (f*ckin viking game), and that we shoulda been the first to beat the "undefeated" Titans. But unfortunatley we didn't, so ESPN doesn't give the Pack the time of day. WHEN we make the playoff this year, you'll hear more about the pack next season, i promise.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@3irty1-

I don't want hype for the sake of wanting hype. I want us to earn the hype. To command the respect of the rest of the league like the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Ravens and Giants do. Like the Vikings are starting to do. And we do that by playing well, playing tough and beating the good teams.

It's our ****ing time. We just need to do it.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually they lost to the now 5-0 Broncos. And yesterday Cedric Benson became the first running back to rush for more than 100 yards against the Ravens defense in some 40+ games. It's say to say the Bengals are a much better team this season than anyone thought.

It still doesn't excuse the loss, and I don't believe in moral victories. Not when it comes to football anyway. We should be the type of team other teams don't want to play against. The type of team that makes opponents fans nervous. The type of team that, not only gets hype, but lives up to every expectation. When people use the words "Dominant, commanding, great," they should be discussing us. Not other teams. I'm sick of hearing how good the Ravens are. How good the ****ing Vikings are. How good the Giants are. It should be us in that conversation each and every single year. Not them.

:paladin:
Great post IMO. The Bengals playing so well and winning from though opponents makes that loss a lot easier to digest, but it was still a home, winnable game.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Lions might be a little down after battling the Steelers and losing. That has to be a let down. However, having our team rest for a week is a blessing and a curse. Your guys get a little healthier, but the also lose some of their rhythm. I think it's definitely a plus we are playing at home. Maybe the refs won't **** us this time and on grass the Lions pass rush won't be as quick.

I don't expect us to be able to run so it's all gonna be on Rogers and the WR/TEs to score points. D better be ready to play and have those secondary problems worked on. MM should try mixing up his play calling and not be so predictable. What's happened to the quick slants!? Can't rogers throw em? Yeah, he had good touch on the long balls generally, but the slants are/were our bread and butter. Doesn't seem like we throw em much anymore.

Overall, I think it will be close. 21-17 Packers.

sublime843

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. I have a feeling that the Pack will start to have some sort of swagger if we pull out a couple of wins in the next few weeks. Getting Clifton back I think will be huge and getting MT to resign will give the OL some sort of chemistry.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. I have a feeling that the Pack will start to have some sort of swagger if we pull out a couple of wins in the next few weeks. Getting Clifton back I think will be huge and getting MT to resign will give the OL some sort of chemistry.

Not sure how a team could justifiably acquire "swagger" beating the Lions and Browns, but understand your point.

Also, you are falling into the trap I predicted and was warning about with regards to the O-line. Our O-line is INSTANTLY better now with Clifton back and Tauscher re-signed. However, the initial problem remains and that is competent replacements for these guys. Green Bay is no doubt about to embark on a string of wins - maybe up to 5 in a row. Suddenly, everybody forgets about our O-line issues because we're 7-2. But, many fail to understand the reason we're 7-2 is cupcake opponents (save Minny). Then, we'll hit a stretch of tough games, and the whining will begin again. Then, I would expect a one-and-done in the playoffs (mainly because we cannot run the ball or stop the run) and then fans are left dazed and confused just like the past few years where they don't know if the Packers are actually good or not.

I guess Cliffy and Tausch can play another year or three, but that seriously compromises TT's current rebuild of his rebuild.

sublime843

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure how a team could justifiably acquire "swagger" beating the Lions and Browns, but understand your point.

Also, you are falling into the trap I predicted and was warning about with regards to the O-line. Our O-line is INSTANTLY better now with Clifton back and Tauscher re-signed. However, the initial problem remains and that is competent replacements for these guys. Green Bay is no doubt about to embark on a string of wins - maybe up to 5 in a row. Suddenly, everybody forgets about our O-line issues because we're 7-2. But, many fail to understand the reason we're 7-2 is cupcake opponents (save Minny). Then, we'll hit a stretch of tough games, and the whining will begin again. Then, I would expect a one-and-done in the playoffs (mainly because we cannot run the ball or stop the run) and then fans are left dazed and confused just like the past few years where they don't know if the Packers are actually good or not.

I guess Cliffy and Tausch can play another year or three, but that seriously compromises TT's current rebuild of his rebuild.

Winning is winning regardless of who we beat. I'm not falling into any sort of trap when it comes to our O-Line. I know we're in a ****** spot when it comes to our O-Line: starters and depth. We need to to trade for somebody or get working in the draft to meet those needs. Also, if this team gels like it looked it was going to from the pre-season, you can count on a pretty deep playoff run. We stopped Forte and Peterson the first go around and the defense will get better throughout the season barring serious injury to any key players

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A big factor is whether Calvin Johnson's knee is healthy. If the Packers can stop Keven Smith, that will be a big key to the game. Green Bay was able to hold Peterson to 55 rushing yards. Even though the Lions have old man Culpepper, he may be able to torch the 22nd-ranked pass defense that Favre ripped up.

On the Packer's side of the ball, they have to do a better job of pass protection, but maybe that's not a big worry against the Lions, cause the Pack should be able to run the ball at will against their lousy rushing defense. I think Rodgers will be able to hand the ball off a lot, and then when the Lions commit to the rush, he could hit Jennings deep.

Detroit has been pretty competitive. They played the Steelers and the Bears pretty close, and beat the Redskins. I think Green Bay wins the game by a small margin.:detsux:

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can't remember if I put in my predictions for this game or not. But I'm board at the moment, so I'll put what I think now.

Comeback game, of sorts, for the Packers. The main things I'm going to look at are...
*Quinn Johnson. He'll be active for the first time. Will he make an impact right away in the run game?
*The O-line, of course. Clifton is back and the inside of the line is back to what it should be (Colledge, Spitz, Sitton). I expect a better performance. It's a weaker opponent and a healthier line.
*Atari Bigby. Will he help solidify the secondary in coverage, and make an impact with QB pressures and stopping the run. I think it'll be a nice upgrade over what we've had. But still not sure if he's the answer there.

Packers win 38 - 17
Rodgers throws for over 300 yards, no INTs, 4 tds
Finley, Jennings, Driver, and Nelson all have TD catches.
Grant and Jackson run for about 150 combined - Grant gets 1 td.
Packers D gets 2 sacks, and causes 3 turnovers.

a few negatives to balance it out...
Rodgers is sacked 2 times
we lose 1 fumble
give up way too many rushing yards to Culpepper.
Still give up 2 or 3 big plays through the air.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts