Now What?

JWalkRulz84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have roughly 9 million to spend. We need to find at least 1 starter on the O-Line, A solid pass rusher, A linebacker, 2 starting safeties and depth at corner...Thats a lot of positions to fill. So, if I'm in TT's shoes right now, I wait about a week because...

Either Greg Wesley or Jerome Woods will be released...Arturo Freeman is still out there as well

Bryce Fisher and Courtney Brown will both currently be available

Jay Foreman, Edgerton Hartwell

Now, as of right now, Im just focusing on defense simply because we have waaaay to many holes on defense to even worry about offense. Now we all sit here and think, its like shopping at a Thrift store, however we are going to have to make due with these types of free agents and the draft, so let's get started here...

Packers Sign Safety Arturo Freeman
REASONING: Freeman had a solid season under Bates last season. He was always in the right place and the Fins had the 4th best Pass Defense last season, I'll surely take a member of that. He knows Bates' system and would be just fine.

Packers Sign LB Jay Foreman
REASONING: This is simply for depth. He is also good enough to play all linebacker positions and will also be able to push our younger group of linebackers.

Packers Sign DE Courtney Brown
REASONING: In the past seasons, there has been a lot of rumors of Brown coming to Green Bay and so forth. I know Washington is heavily interested, but they are only 2.1 under the cap, we have the advantage here. We can sign him to a contract loaded with incentives and if it doesnt play out, we still have Kampman, no worse than we were last year, and possibly better.

DRAFT
1 - S Thomas Davis
REASONING: Many believe he will fall simply because many of the teams that needed a safety have filled that void, i.e - Minnesota, Detroit and New Orleans. The only team Im really worried about is St. Louis. This would add an instant boost to our team.

2 - OLB Odell Thurman
REASONING: Had a private work out witht the Pack and Bates was very impressed. He could give us the most promising linebacking corps out there and he is athletic enough to play the weak side.

2 - OG Logan Mankins
REASONING: Losing our 2 starting guards hurt us, we are in need of someone to step in, Mankins could very well start for us next season.

3 - S Donte Nicholson
REASONING: We are still in dier need of depth at the safety position. Boy, we are gonna have some youngeons running around back there; Carroll, Thomas, Davis, and Nicholson. But there is a lot of promise back there.

4,5,6,7 to be completed at a later date...but you get the picture.

QB - Brett Favre, Craig Nall, JT O'Sullivan
RB - Ahman Green, Najeh Davenport, Tony Fisher
FB - William Henderson, Nick Luchey
WR - Javon Walker, Robert Ferguson, Antonio Chatman
WR - Donald Driver, Robert Ferguson, Antonio Chatman
TE - Bubba Franks, Ben Steele
LT - Chad Clifton, Brad Bedell
LG - Logan Mankins, Steve Morley
C - Mike Flanagan, Scott Wells
RG - Mark Tauscher, Atlas Herrion
RT - Kevin Barry, Brennan Curtin

DE - Kabeer Gbaja Biamilla, Aaron Kampman
DE - Courtney Brown, Kenny Peterson, R-Kal Truluck
DT - Cledtius Hunt, Cullen Jenkins
NT - Grady Jackson, Donnell Washington
SLB - Na'il Diggs, Steve Josue
MLB - Nick Barnett, Torrance Marshall
WLB - Odell Thurman, Jay Foreman
CB - Al Harris, Jason Horton
CB - Ahmad Carroll, Joey Thomas
FS - Arturo Freeman, Donte Nicholson
SS - Thomas Davis, Mark Roman

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Horton is unimpressive. I say we have to pick up another WR I think its best we go into the season with FIVE receivers.

Who ya got returning kicks/punts?

grabthar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to sound like a Badger homer, but I think that picking Leonhard from Wisconsin in the 7th or so would be a good pick for GB. He can return kicks and is a solid blue collar player.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Leonard could help us also. He could play some nickel and dime,special teams, punt returns and save us some money. I would also sign Darrin Charles the 6'6" reciever and Matt Katula the long snapper, as free agents

Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
I think Leonard could help us also. He could play some nickel and dime,special teams, punt returns and save us some money. I would also sign Darrin Charles the 6'6" reciever and Matt Katula the long snapper, as free agents

Darrin Charles is awesome....he went to my highschool......he has nfl hands, but at 6'6 doesnt have the speed....but i could see the packers picking him up for depth at TE....

Leonhard is a stud...

i think he broke every big 10 punt return record ....crazy

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
grabthar said:
Well, I am not the Badger homer who things that every player on Wisconsin's team should be drafted by the Packers. :lol: I know plenty of them.

Me neither. I just want the Packers to pick up E. James because he plays in the capital of the state in which I reside in. Green Bay.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers should sign Anthony Davis. We are on the verge of listing all Badgers available. Who's next? Hawthorne? Starks? How about Buenning? :mrgreen:

Members online

Latest posts