Now that the Giants Made Romo and Brady Look Silly...

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not saying Rodgers can't ever be good, but it will take him sometime to even get us close to a Superbowl win probably many many years, right now Favre is our only chance to make it that far. And I would say we better have a "great" second string QB behind him when or if he gets hurt.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IronBMike said:
You're all missing the point. I know that he's unproven, but we know what Favre brings. I don't think he can take us to the big game. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I don't think he can do it anymore. I've seen too many playoff games over the past few years to give me any confidence. I'm willing to take a shot with Rodgers, despite whatever "fragility" you all claim he has.

As unproven as he is, he does bring a shot of hope into the future doesn't he?
As for having him replace Favre, we have a quandary... When does youth overtake experience? Isn't that really the question?
Fvre made some not so good throws vs the Giants but he made some good ones as well... USUAL Favre. The throws he DID make were not good enough to overcome a stifling Giant defense and an overall poor performance by the Packers.
Giants BEAT the PACKERS just like they beat the Patriots... They did not beat just Favre, or Brady, they physically and mentally outplayed us.

Favre's throw at the end was a culmination of the Giants stifling play.

Packers as a team was outplayed just as the Patriots were outplayed.

2 things I am reflective about. Packers, as poorly as they played the Giants, scored 20 points and lost the game in OT because of a turnover.

And Favre's play was better than that of the rest of the team.

Would the Packers have won that game with Rodgers in at QB? I doubt it.

GIVEN that Favre will probably return, A-Rod will be a very highly paid clipboard holder yet again.

Will the Packers win the Superbowl with Favre next year? We really don't know.

Will the Packers win the Superbowl with A-Rod next year? Chances are slimmer.

Great post!!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett is better than Romo and Brady, I expect him to play like it. Is that too much!

We'll get em next year.

I don't think anyone is blaming you, Trom.

You were critiquing. There were other people calling for him to retire and saying he sucks. HUGE difference.

Nobody is perfect. Everyone can be criticized. Actually, criticism is a good thing. I think the whole team needed criticism except for Donald Driver, who was player of the game for us.

Now, what really was stupid was that Brady was yelling at Wes Welker, who was player of the game for the Patriots. What a jerk!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NOT me!!! I can't take it! Don't criticise me... WAAAAAAHHH!

Gawd I'm bored... Sorry, no offense. Just trying to have some fun.

SmokeFan20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, what really was stupid was that Brady was yelling at Wes Welker, who was player of the game for the Patriots. What a jerk!

When I seen him doing that, I thought to my self "Heaven forbid your receivers not make you look like God and catch all your crappy passes, Tommy Boy."

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

When I seen him doing that, I thought to my self "Heaven forbid your receivers not make you look like God and catch all your crappy passes, Tommy Boy."

Heh. Really.

Now if Wes Welker were 10 feet tall, then he could have caught that pass and Brady could have a legitimate excuse to yell at Welker. Actually, I take that back. I think Welker would have to be 15 feet tall to catch that one.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SmokeFan20 said:
Zombieslayer said:

Heh. Really.

Now if Wes Welker were 10 feet tall, then he could have caught that pass and Brady could have a legitimate excuse to yell at Welker. Actually, I take that back. I think Welker would have to be 15 feet tall to catch that one.

I'd like to see a 10ft tall WR. 10ft 350lbs. He'd be a little top-heavy, but still.... Can you imagine the vertical on a 10ft tall dude? It'd be like a 70" vertical! I'd put him on fieldgoal block and have him stand behind the line. He'd block kicks all day long!!

You could put him in on 3rd and 7, have him lean over the line and get a first down!! Go double reverse and have him run up the line, just stepping over people. Imagine getting a stiffarm from a giant like that!!
:pop:

I say we recruit 52 of them. Stem-cell research! It can be done.

I'll start a PayPal donation button! :idea:

NYEnglishGiant

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi guys,
there was a big difference between the way Favre played against us and the way romo/brady did. Favre made a bad throw which lost you the game, romo/brady (and to a lesser extent garcia) melted under the pressure. romo was screaming at his WRs and his line, so was brady. Favre handled the pressure our d-line brings as well as anyone in the postseason. Jerry Reese, our GM said the Packers were the toughest team we played in the postseason. I agree with him. you guys played us better than either the pats or the cowboys.

for what it's worth I'd take favre as my QB over brady any day of the week. I've seen Brett do the impossible with a bad o-line and little support, any QB would look good if they had brady's line and wrs... as soon as the pressure got to brady he fell apart.

I look forward to playing you guys again in the NFC championship game next year!

Fan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi guys,
there was a big difference between the way Favre played against us and the way romo/brady did. Favre made a bad throw which lost you the game, romo/brady (and to a lesser extent garcia) melted under the pressure. romo was screaming at his WRs and his line, so was brady. Favre handled the pressure our d-line brings as well as anyone in the postseason. Jerry Reese, our GM said the Packers were the toughest team we played in the postseason. I agree with him. you guys played us better than either the pats or the cowboys.

for what it's worth I'd take favre as my QB over brady any day of the week. I've seen Brett do the impossible with a bad o-line and little support, any QB would look good if they had brady's line and wrs... as soon as the pressure got to brady he fell apart.

I look forward to playing you guys again in the NFC championship game next year!
Yeah.. stopping Favre has been the focus of opponents' defensive game plans for 17 years. He doesn't frustrate easily; he can't always get 'er done, but he'll keep firing until the whistle blows.

It looks like Eli may finally be ready to match the enormous expectations placed on him. If that's the case, he'll be the 2nd best QB in the NFC and we'll see you in the Championship next year!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See I don't think the Giants made Brett look silly. I think for whatever reason, this past season in those two really cold games, Favre lost his focus. It doesn't mean the dude is a bad quarterback. It means he's not done growing yet. Believe it or not, there is still some room for improvement in guy who many of us believe might be the best who has ever played the game. Even the very best can make mistakes. Brett threw a bad pass on that interception because he didn't go through his reads. If he reads that defense properly, and no one reads a defense better than Brett,we have three receivers who are wide open. He threw to the wrong guy and he threw a bad pass. **** happens. But I don't think too many believe he's suddently washed up. He got caught up in the cold. But then again he's played 17 years, he's 38 years old, and maybe he just doesn't want to play in the crap anymore. If that's the case then it's time to retire. If that's not the case then he has to refocus in bad weather. Go back and look at Brett's career and you'll see that until this year,he has played brilliantly in bad weather.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go back and look at Brett's career and you'll see that until this year,he has played brilliantly in bad weather.

Right. Everybody knows that. That's why it's a little more difficult to come to grips with his performance in the last two bad weather games. (Seahawks game doesn't count. the wind in chicago and against the giants was the mitigating factor, not simply the cold air.)

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Go back and look at Brett's career and you'll see that until this year,he has played brilliantly in bad weather.

Right. Everybody knows that. That's why it's a little more difficult to come to grips with his performance in the last two bad weather games. (Seahawks game doesn't count. the wind in chicago and against the giants was the mitigating factor, not simply the cold air.)

Bozz,

His performance in those games were reminiscent of the entire team's performance. Didn't the Packers as a team play waaay under their abilities?

Though we can say the weather got to Favre, the same thing can be said about the entire team.

I am not defending #4 here, I am looking at the whole picture.

Could it also be said that it is more difficult to play in the cold and the wind than it is in the snow?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bozz,

His performance in those games were reminiscent of the entire team's performance. Didn't the Packers as a team play waaay under their abilities?
yes. absolutely.

Though we can say the weather got to Favre, the same thing can be said about the entire team.
You can say that, if you like. But I have come to expect a lot out of Brett Favre. One of the things i have come to expect in the last 15 years or so is that, no matter what the weather conditions, Brett Favre will play solid. Is that fair? Probably not. But that's how i feel.

Could it also be said that it is more difficult to play in the cold and the wind than it is in the snow?

Yes. absolutely.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
You can say that, if you like. But I have come to expect a lot out of Brett Favre. One of the things i have come to expect in the last 15 years or so is that, no matter what the weather conditions, Brett Favre will play solid. Is that fair? Probably not. But that's how i feel.

Bozz,

I think that the two extreme combination of wind/cold was something that even Brett Favre may not have much experience in. Afterall, the winters until very recently have been mild in Wisconsin.

Again, I am not defending the one who needs no defense, but, may be his age, combined with the exceptionally bad weather has the whole team a bit in a funk.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Obi1 said:

Bozz,

I think that the two extreme combination of wind/cold was something that even Brett Favre may not have much experience in. Afterall, the winters until very recently have been mild in Wisconsin.

Again, I am not defending the one who needs no defense, but, may be his age, combined with the exceptionally bad weather has the whole team a bit in a funk.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
packedhouse01 said:

Bozz,

Here is the difference, like it or not, Brett Favre is the leader on this team. He has always set mode for toughness on this team and has been the epitome of a guy who can play in anything with no excuses. He doens't have Reggie White to help him lead the team, he has to do it by himself. That's a lot of pressure, but it's the way it is. Those guys on that team admire him. When he comes out and plays like it's cold, and it was damn cold, hisw team will play the same way.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thank you for your input.

To everyone else - If Giants fans are saying the same thing I'm saying, then it's not just me being a homer.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
bozz_2006 said:
packedhouse01 said:

Bozz,

Here is the difference, like it or not, Brett Favre is the leader on this team. He has always set mode for toughness on this team and has been the epitome of a guy who can play in anything with no excuses. He doens't have Reggie White to help him lead the team, he has to do it by himself. That's a lot of pressure, but it's the way it is. Those guys on that team admire him. When he comes out and plays like it's cold, and it was damn cold, hisw team will play the same way.

A 90 yard strike to Driver isn't too bad, Another Td pass he threw wasn't bad either. It seems to me that your mind is made up that Favre is at fault for losing the game.

You may be right but I'd like to believe that the game was lost by the whole team. Favre is as good as he has always been.

It can be said that the Giants outplayed us and the last throw was a culmination of it.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see a 10ft tall WR. 10ft 350lbs. He'd be a little top-heavy, but still.... Can you imagine the vertical on a 10ft tall dude? It'd be like a 70" vertical! I'd put him on fieldgoal block and have him stand behind the line. He'd block kicks all day long!!

You could put him in on 3rd and 7, have him lean over the line and get a first down!! Go double reverse and have him run up the line, just stepping over people. Imagine getting a stiffarm from a giant like that!!

The thing is, we have to make just one, then ensure he's on the Green Bay Packers and not somebody else. As long as he has good hands, our 3rd down percentage should be over 90%. You keep 2 TEs in and one FB in to block, just in case they do a suicide blitz. You can send a RB out as a decoy too, and he might occasionally get one, as our 10' tall WR would be tripled covered. Plus, our 10' tall WR would draw lots of pass interference penalties as CBs get frustrated covering him.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady & Romo should retire along with Favre. They obviously are past their prime.

Maybe Archie should pump out a couple more sons for the other 30 nfl teams.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eap33 said:

The thing is, we have to make just one, then ensure he's on the Green Bay Packers and not somebody else. As long as he has good hands, our 3rd down percentage should be over 90%. You keep 2 TEs in and one FB in to block, just in case they do a suicide blitz. You can send a RB out as a decoy too, and he might occasionally get one, as our 10' tall WR would be tripled covered. Plus, our 10' tall WR would draw lots of pass interference penalties as CBs get frustrated covering him.

Wouldn't somebody counter with a nearly 10 ft tall DB?

There is an Idea... recruit Yao Ming and a Hong Man Choi to play football... HMMMMM!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Obi1 said:
bozz_2006 said:
packedhouse01 said:

Bozz,

A 90 yard strike to Driver isn't too bad, Another Td pass he threw wasn't bad either. It seems to me that your mind is made up that Favre is at fault for losing the game.

You may be right but I'd like to believe that the game was lost by the whole team. Favre is as good as he has always been.

It can be said that the Giants outplayed us and the last throw was a culmination of it.

The Giants did outplay us, no doubt. I didn't say Favre had to take the hit for the game, it was a definitely a team loss. Brett Favre is also our best player and our primary team leader. The team plays as he plays. Just as he has the ability to elevate everyone else's play, when he doesn't play well, there is a tendency for this team to look real average.

The other things is that even after the interception, the defense couldn't stop them.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts