Notebook: Jennings, Woodson Both Likely To Play

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
by Mike Spofford, Packers.com
posted 11/03/2006

Wide receiver Greg Jennings and cornerback Charles Woodson both appear they'll be ready to play on Sunday at Buffalo.

Jennings, who missed last week's game with an ankle injury, practiced both Thursday and Friday and, barring any setbacks, should return to the starting lineup. He said the day after he does any running on the ankle, it remains sore, but that's to be expected.

"I think I'll be able to go," said Jennings, who remains listed as questionable. "I'm doing a lot better now. I'm a lot more comfortable in cutting and just running, getting off the jam, things like that. That was the biggest issue going into the Arizona game, how comfortable I felt with myself."

Meanwhile Woodson, who missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday with a knee injury, returned to practice on Friday and has been upgraded from doubtful to questionable.

Head Coach Mike McCarthy said if Woodson is able to play, he will play only defense and will be replaced on punt returns by receiver Shaun Bodiford, with cornerback Will Blackmon his backup.

Bodiford filled in for Woodson on one punt return last week, on the play right after Woodson initially hurt his knee and limped off the field. Bodiford returned the punt 16 yards and had a chance to break into the clear, but didn't see a running lane to his left quite soon enough.

"I obviously saw it a second too late," Bodiford said. "Close but no cigar, isn't that what they say?

"Hopefully we'll get one. Any opportunity to showcase what I can do with the ball in my hands, that's all I'm trying to do, to help contribute to the team."

Bodiford and Blackmon also will be the two deep men on kickoff returns in place of running back Vernand Morency, who is out with a back injury.

Other injuries
The injury news is also good on defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins (questionable, ankle), who practiced both Thursday and Friday and is expected to play for the first time in three games.

Running back Ahman Green (knee) and defensive tackle Corey Williams (knee), who are listed as probable, returned to practice Thursday and Friday after sitting out Wednesday and should play.

Fullback Brandon Miree (elbow) was downgraded from doubtful to out after missing all three practices this week. Defensive tackle Johnny Jolly (ankle) missed practice Wednesday and Thursday and was downgraded from probable to questionable.

McCarthy said the next week will be important in Miree's recovery, and how he feels toward the middle of next week will help determine how much longer he will be out.

"Just with the type of injury he has, it could be short-term or long-term based on the progress he makes here in the next three or four days," McCarthy said.

Ready if needed
Running back P.J. Pope, signed this past week, will be active for Sunday's game as the No. 3 running back behind Green and Noah Herron, McCarthy said.

Pope has had very little time to learn the playbook, but McCarthy said if he's pressed into emergency duty, he'll be ready.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ I'm looking for a better performance from Henderson this week, since he apparently was playing hurt early in the season when they had no other fullback to go to.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i wish miree could play but im confident with henderson

Might be 2 more weeks for him...MM mentioned that this coming week would be a big terst on how much longer he will be out

just posted a ?? to the guy on the other forum that seems to have "insider" info on stuff

Members online