No room on roster for driver

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Don't anger DD. He could pull a Favre and go to the Bears or Lions :( (Vikings are not a legitimate threat)

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His agent tweeted this last night. Congrats to Donald Driver winning DWTS!! Now it is time to get ready for another season with the Packers!"

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I can't see Driver being cut, especially after MM, Rodgers and Matthews came to DWTS to support him. That'd be cold

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will be back this season...dancing is over, football is on. DD will end his packers career with 2 superbowl rings.

Reaction score
Too much talent on the roster. Driver is past his prime
1. Too much talent on the roster: True
2. Driver is past is prime: True
But I disagree with what you are saying.

Driver is the best 5th receiver a team could really ask for. Gurley or anyone else we have would not produce as well. When Driver did get a chance to make a play, he made it. The last 2 years, almost every catch/touchdown was well earned on his part.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder if he will be active or not today...

More or less a wasted roster spot as far as production on the field this year.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver is a great guy and one of the best Packer players ever. But uncharacteristically I think Thompson let sentiment get in the way of a business decision.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think pr had something to do with it. Could be locker room influence too. No idea.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then Brett would have stayed..

I think Driver was an insurance policy over others and that is all he was going to be..

No Thompson held tight to his beliefs in that instance and let Brett go. He said hit the road jack. See the difference?

I would have rather seen an Offensive lineman as our insurance policy.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
At this point I'll be very surprised if Driver is active tonight. I hope and expect Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Jones, and Ross to be active. Driver has been a healthy inactive at least a few times this season, even when Jennings and Nelson were out - and last week when Cobb was inactive.

Drivers contract of more than $2M does look like a reward for past performance. He was surpassed by Jones last season and came into this one as the #5 WR. That's a lot of money to pay the #5 WR and that's why many of us were against his retention - and the #5 WR should be a special teamer as Boykin was and now Ross is. Driver'scontract reminds me of Wolf trading picks for "past considerations" - a practice now outlawed by the league. It wouldn't have surprised me for Wolf to have done Driver's deal but it is very 'un-Thompson-like'. Perhaps he just wanted to prove he's human?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
At this point I'll be very surprised if Driver is active tonight. I hope and expect Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Jones, and Ross to be active. Driver has been a healthy inactive at least a few times this season, even when Jennings and Nelson were out - and last week when Cobb was inactive.

Drivers contract of more than $2M does look like a reward for past performance. He was surpassed by Jones last season and came into this one as the #5 WR. That's a lot of money to pay the #5 WR and that's why many of us were against his retention - and the #5 WR should be a special teamer as Boykin was and now Ross is. Driver'scontract reminds me of Wolf trading picks for "past considerations" - a practice now outlawed by the league. It wouldn't have surprised me for Wolf to have done Driver's deal but it is very 'un-Thompson-like'. Perhaps he just wanted to prove he's human?
Boykin actually jumped DD

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts