No more "it was a magical season" threads

TheDesertFox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was, but that doesn't mean squat, especially when Favre possibly ends his career on a boneheaded interception in Packer territory. We got our ***** kicked last night and it was an extremely disappointing and bad to end a great season. The stats may have not showed it, but the Giants played way, way better than the Packers last night.

We couldn't get ANYTHING started on offense, our defense did well against the run but let Manning zing it around the field. And when the Giants kept making Giant mistakes (Interception fumble, punt fumble, two missed field goals, etc) we couldn't capitalize.

The coaching looked horrendous from the very beginning, Favre's face looked completely lost in the cold, and ugh... this game just sickens me.
It hurts when you are given so many chances to win a game and your team blows it.

Luckily, however, this loss isn't nearly as painful as I expected it to be. I still believe the Packers were the better team and somehow couldn't get their **** going. Why? It's just pointless to talk about it. We lost and our season is over. In Retrospect, Dallas probably would have been much better.

Moving out of Wisconsin in the fall. That is probably a good thing.

Also, Brandon Jacobs is a total ******* and I hope he tears his ACL, PCL, and MCL in the Super Bowl. Actually, I hope he just gets hit by a car and dies. The world doesn't need people who love to dance in good people's misery.

Peace

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
It must be a depressing life to be cynical as all get out. Yes we got beat on many fronts last night and let a chance at a Superbowl slip through our fingers.

But to throw away a great season and many fun times is a mistake in my opinion... if winning it all is the only measure of a winner.. the world is full of losers.

Each to their own.. but I bet at Christmas as a child you got pissed that the boy next door got a better present than you did too.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It WAS a great season, and we all should remember (who knows, the pack may not go 13-3 for a long time).

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a blast. We won 14 out of 18 times. I also made a lot of money on the Packers this year, which bought me the beer for the next week + some good times with Mrs. Z.

Are we not allowed to celebrate that?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was a magical season...

you cant throw out the baby with the bathwater... because then all you have is a wet, critically injured baby. and nobody wants that right.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't get yer pom poms in a bunch cheerleader dude. this season WAS magical - can't help it if you can't see that. and quite frankly, i don't really care. you're entitled to your own opinion as are the rest of us.

it was a magical season
it was a magical season
it was a magical season
it was a magical season
it was a magical season!!!!!!!

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a Magical season, Watching this team grow each week, having a lot of fun while they learned how to become one of the "elite" teams again.

Making believers out of "the so-called experts who gave them no chance to win", even making a believer out of the one guy who has carried this team on his back for many years now.

There is only on satsified team at the end of the year, The superbowl champion, this team got a taste of what it is like to almost get there.

The magical season I hope continues through next year and the guys who came so close this year get their chance next year.

13-3 is hard to repeat, but IMHO this team is only going to be better next year, with more experience , that goes for players and coaches.

This was only the beginning of what is hopefully many magical season to come!!!!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a Magical season, Watching this team grow each week, having a lot of fun while they learned how to become one of the "elite" teams again.

Making believers out of "the so-called experts who gave them no chance to win", even making a believer out of the one guy who has carried this team on his back for many years now.

There is only on satsified team at the end of the year, The superbowl champion, this team got a taste of what it is like to almost get there.

The magical season I hope continues through next year and the guys who came so close this year get their chance next year.

13-3 is hard to repeat, but IMHO this team is only going to be better next year, with more experience , that goes for players and coaches.

This was only the beginning of what is hopefully many magical season to come!!!!!

Well said. :cool:

OP
OP
T

TheDesertFox

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well said. It was indeed a magical season, my point more or less was it's hard to appreciate it as such, especially after the very bad defeat we suffered.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think things may work out. I know a lot of you will argue we coulda beat the Pats but honestly I'd rather make the SB next year when we may have a chance. I just don't see anyone beating the Pats as much as I wish they would especially with Belicheat having 2 weeks to prepare

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was, but that doesn't mean squat, especially when Favre possibly ends his career on a boneheaded interception in Packer territory. We got our ***** kicked last night and it was an extremely disappointing and bad to end a great season. The stats may have not showed it, but the Giants played way, way better than the Packers last night.

We couldn't get ANYTHING started on offense, our defense did well against the run but let Manning zing it around the field. And when the Giants kept making Giant mistakes (Interception fumble, punt fumble, two missed field goals, etc) we couldn't capitalize.

The coaching looked horrendous from the very beginning, Favre's face looked completely lost in the cold, and ugh... this game just sickens me.
It hurts when you are given so many chances to win a game and your team blows it.

Luckily, however, this loss isn't nearly as painful as I expected it to be. I still believe the Packers were the better team and somehow couldn't get their **** going. Why? It's just pointless to talk about it. We lost and our season is over. In Retrospect, Dallas probably would have been much better.

Also, Brandon Jacobs is a total ******* and I hope he tears his ACL, PCL, and MCL in the Super Bowl. Actually, I hope he just gets hit by a car and dies. The world doesn't need people who love to dance in good people's misery.

Peace
You must be a pro athlete or coach, because that's the only reason you could look at this season as a disappointment. You see, players and coaches play football for a career. Their ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl EVERY year.

We the fans, however, understand that Super Bowl wins are excruciatingly elusive and difficult to attain. Talk to a Browns or Lions or Cardinals (or even Viqueens) fan. If Super Bowls were ALL that mattered, they'd all have killed themselves by now. The fact is, for us fans, finishing ahead of 28 other teams IS significant. It's RARE. We haven't been this far since 1997. The JOURNEY was beautiful. It's a damn shame it had to end... and it's fine to be disappointed. I don't mean to say you have to ENJOY losing. But for goodness' sake, the loss doesn't mean necessarily that this year wasn't [...ahem...] MAGIC!!!

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheDesertFox said:

Peace
You must be a pro athlete or coach, because that's the only reason you could look at this season as a disappointment. You see, players and coaches play football for a career. Their ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl EVERY year.

We the fans, however, understand that Super Bowl wins are excruciatingly elusive and difficult to attain. Talk to a Browns or Lions or Cardinals (or even Viqueens) fan. If Super Bowls were ALL that mattered, they'd all have killed themselves by now. The fact is, for us fans, finishing ahead of 28 other teams IS significant. It's RARE. We haven't been this far since 1997. The JOURNEY was beautiful. It's a damn shame it had to end... and it's fine to be disappointed. I don't mean to say you have to ENJOY losing. But for goodness' sake, the loss doesn't mean necessarily that this year wasn't [...ahem...] MAGIC!!!

Your post illustrates why we SHOULD be pissed at last night. Chances at SBs are rare to come by...getting to the SB even harder. We had a golden opportunity and we let it get away.

Was it a great season? Hell yea
Did we do better than most expected? Oh yea
Should we have lost last night? Not if we had played like we did in 14 of the last 18 weeks
Should we be in the SB? I think we should, but we didn't execute OUR gameplan

Anyway...I see both sides of the fence on this.

I think we have a right to complain for a while after last night's performance, but we do have to appreciate the effort, excitement, joy, and disappointment that came with this season.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was the most fun I've ever had over the course of a season as a Packer fan. My memory goes back to about 88 or so.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me it was magical.
Here's why.........those of you that are old enough to remember BEFORE Favre..........how many times did we even have a winning season??? 1969- 8-6, 1972-10-4, 1978-8-7-1, 1989-10-6. Thats it, till 1992. And in NONE of those seasons did we even get a SNIFF of the NFC title game.
Since then, we have had two 8-8 seasons, and only ONE losing season.
I think too many people are SPOILED with the success we have had over the last 17 years.
I'm PROUD of this team and what it accomplished.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Peace

This is where you lose all credibility. You want someone to die, then right after that, you say "Peace". Wow.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheDesertFox said:

Peace

This is where you lose all credibility. You want someone to die, then right after that, you say "Peace". Wow.
Yeah.......ironic, isn't it???
Just shows you where this guys head is at.......where ONLY his proctologist can find it! :wink:

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Peace

I realize you have not been on this site very long so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. There is no room for this type of talk on this website. One of the things most true packer fans pride themselves is being a classy group of good sports, win or lose. Especially on this website. Should you want to be considered a true packer fan then you probably should change how you think about things and consider what in the world is really important.

Hope that Karma thing isn't real, or else you are in trouble!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts