No Love for The Pack?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Packers always try and do community service for underprivileged kids...

After the playoffs i hear they're donating Jared Allen's hair to Cancer patients
They won't accept it, it's only a wig for toughness. Unfortunately it only works on injury depleted O-lines.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grasping at straws with that Bucs loss, huh? Like I said, there was a lot we did wrong in the past (in that game, particularly). But we've addressed most of those issues and we're playing good football right now.

If you consider losing by one score getting spanked, then the Pitt and the Cards spanked you and grounded you for a week, no TV, no computer. Seriously though, it's the NFL, every team has problems and has weak games, get over it and move on. The past doesn't matter too much except when it comes to home field advantage. An entire season is a long time to change and a lot of football to grow into your team.
thw cards did spank us but pitt did not. the vikings were up by 17 with 3 minutes to go and you picked up some garbage yards against a prevent defense a since everybody in america saw the Vikings give you a spankin in front of the largest cable TV audience ever for any show the lovefest with the vikings started

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a shame we dont play the Vikings one more time, We could put AP for the season like we did last year oh well we will do it in the playoffs instead.
Yeah ask Al harris how tough AP is and beside we have chester taylor and his 5 yd per carry average

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
True. Rodgers is an unknown quantity in the playoffs. He might succeed, he might not.

We do, however, know things about Favre, like this:
"After beating the San Francisco 49ers in the 1997 NFC Championship Game, Favre won just three of his last 10 playoff games. Eli Manning had more postseason wins in a 29-day span this past season than Favre had in his last decade with the Green Bay Packers."

-Taken from an article after Favre retired... oh I have to be more specific. The one with the press conference.

That says more about the Packers to me, than it does about FAVRE!

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my, I just dont thing that McNabb can win a Superbowl he has had his chance and failed, I think Rodgers really could get us one. Lets wait and see
your lovefest with rodgers is alarming as your on the rebound from brett favre. just be careful as i don't want to see you get hurt and please wear a glove for your love

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your lovefest with rodgers is alarming as your on the rebound from brett favre. just be careful as i don't want to see you get hurt and please wear a glove for your love

WTF? LOL

I dont care what you post, keep posting though cause its getting interesting.

Im off to bed now Ill read this topic in the morning or afternoon its nearly 3 in the morning

That message looks like nothing to me at the moment

Night Night people

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
WTF? LOL

I dont care what you post, keep posting though cause its getting interesting.

Im off to bed now Ill read this topic in the morning or afternoon its nearly 3 in the morning

That message looks like nothing to me at the moment

Night Night people

Where the hell are you, anyway...Tromadz?

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has been great this season so far and yes he's had better stats then McNabb, but it's hard to go against McNabb considering all the experience he's had. I definitely have a ton of confidence that Rodgers can lead the Packers to the Super Bowl, he still needs to develop though. It's still scary that Rodgers can only get better from here on out when he's been playing great thus far.

Partial

Cheesehead
Reaction score
have you seen there stats Rodgers>Mcnabb

Way too many factors beyond stats, though. I heard that McNabb is the all-time leader % of passes intercepted. Not relevant but interesting.

Rodgers is a young guy whom is beginning to look like he could potentially be the real deal. He has a lot of talent around him, and I'm still waiting to see him elevate the game of the players around him. He's athletic and has a heck of an arm but still inexperienced.

To me, part of being a great player is consistency and availability. Rodgers hasn't been a starter long enough imo to be considered a great player, nor has he been consistent enough in that time (though he is performing very well right now the past 5-6 games now).

McNabb has been in the league 10 years and has quarterbacked a team to the NFC championship 5 times now. The Eagles were my preseason NFC super bowl pick so I think it will be 6 times in 11 years, which is out of this world. Obviously, they have a lot of talent and quality coaching there, but you don't have that sort of success consistently without a superstar QB. See the Pack with Favre as an example.

Rodgers will have to get to the championship game to be mentioned in the same breath as McNabb (imo). To surpass him he's going to have to get there several times and be consistently great. If he surpasses him, we've got a HOFer in Rodgers. I don't think he'll be as good over as long of a period as McNabb, though. That is unbelievably rare and we'd be insanely fortunate to go from one HOFer to another back to back.

OP
OP
Therran D

Therran D

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The Packers ARE who we THOUGHT they were...If you wanna crown 'em..then go ahead and crown 'em"....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That doesn't make them "battle tested"...however.

Do you honestly think that they are better than...

1. Saints
2. Vikings
3. Eagles
4. Giants
5. Dallas
6. Arizona?

I don't....

Dallas? Are you serious!? 'Zona just got spanked by the 'Niners...Giants??? C'mon..."You CANNOT be serious!"

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Sorry the packers do not have the talent to beat the vikings as was proved already acouple times.

I disagree with that statement. The 2nd game got awfully close in the 2nd half. Yeah, the Vikings still won, but lets not say GB doesn't have the talent to beat the Vikings, that is BS.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I disagree with that statement. The 2nd game got awfully close in the 2nd half. Yeah, the Vikings still won, but lets not say GB doesn't have the talent to beat the Vikings, that is BS.

See, when we beat the raves all I heard was that they were missing 2 key players...

Well when we lost to the Vikings no one wants to say we were missing players

Members online

Latest posts