No Love for The Pack?

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
The question is...why are you so happy with where your team is?

You haven't won ANY playoff games without Brett Favre at the helm and there is NO guarantee that Rodgers will EVER win one....

And you wonder why no one is singing your praises in the NFL...??

Wow. That's alot of arrogance to have for a team that really hasn't proven anything as of yet.

You have to EARN it in the NFL. The Saints have been a contender for a few years, and you don't hear people even really blowing their horn yet....

Do not count thy chickens before they hatch...

You haven't won ANY playoff games WITH Brett Favre at the helm and there is NO guarantee that Favre will EVER win you one....

And you wonder why we ask for a little praise in the NFL...??

Wow. That's alot of arrogance to have for a team that really hasn't even clinched the division that has such "crappy" teams in it.

Want OUR respect? You have to EARN it here.

Do not count YOUR chickens before they hatch Sir Jeff..

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Even hough we were 10-6 with gus ferrotte last year and added Loadholt and harvin? You guys got destroyed by the Vikings a month ago on your own turf. penaltys, weak schedule, injurys, you squecked by a terrible bears team just this week. the vikings are playing great ball except last week so what do you expect? I think the packers get alot of love on ESPN. Maybe not as much as the Vikings but they don't deserve as much since the packers got swept and what is so hard to figure that out? News flash rodgers had less than 200 yards this week and no TD's. Brett favre(remember him?) Has an incredible TD to Int ratio and just came off of a november where he was NFC offensive player of the month. So give them a big virtual kiss if you think they need more love
We "squeaked" by a terrible Bears team because we didn't NEED to do any better. The game was in our hands so we played conservatively. We ran the ball (quite well, I might add), and kept possession. Isn't that what a team should do? Just because we didn't run up the score and spank the hapless Bears doesn't mean we should have anything to worry about. Oh and that wasn't even at home.

Penalties have been a problem, but they've DEFINITELY improved. I already addressed our matchups with you earlier this year and I've shown you how another one could have a different turnout. Sorry you missed that, you can go back and read it yourself. We've also addressed the schedule quite a few times, you can't really use that against us anymore.

As a Vikings fan, you are only going to see a Packers loss or a Packers "squeaky" win with nothing but negative and see us as having all sorts of problems. Every team has penalties, every team has injuries (Winfield, Harvin ring a bell?), but they always seem to manage. There's really no point in arguing this, you're going to see it one way, we're going to see it the other way. The only people who really have the best point of view are the objective sports casters and networks. They clearly see something in us, but why don't we get to hear more about it?

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
true, as you have alot to prove before Rodgers is declared a winner. Sorry but 15-14 as a starter is not that impressive to me

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are barely over .500 in 5 years under Ted Thompson.

You bring up our history with TT and how we aren't that good.

Wow. That's alot of arrogance to have for a team that really hasn't proven anything as of yet.

Yet, right here you say we haven't really proven anything yet when you're talking about a Vikings franchise that hasn't won a SB. I know Vike fans hate to hear it keep being brought up, but when people like Jeff do these history lessons about the Pack, you have to look at it both ways.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

You haven't won ANY playoff games WITH Brett Favre at the helm and there is NO guarantee that Favre will EVER win you one....

And you wonder why we ask for a little praise in the NFL...??

Wow. That's alot of arrogance to have for a team that really hasn't proven anything as of yet when it comes to the Postseason (since it existed :/).

You have to EARN it in the NFL.

Do not count YOUR chickens before they hatch Sir Jeff..
Took the words right out of my mouth.

If I'm not mistaken, you haven't won any playoff games with Favre yet. You aren't guaranteed any wins. The one serious NFC contender you played this year? Guess what, you lost. Pretty badly, at that.

The problem with trying to discuss anything with you is that you NEVER see it the other way around. Most of your points are perfectly valid for the Vikings as well. At least we acknowledge our weaknesses and try to improve them.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's current record as a Viking
11-2
Playoff record is 0-0

He won us 1 ring and that took him a while, what makes you think that the Vikings will win one this season in Favre's first season ?
Who said he would? If you can read my earlier posts i said the packers and the vikings have yet to prove their worth

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

You are barely over .500 in 5 years under Ted Thompson.

You haven't won ANY playoff games without Brett Favre at the helm and there is NO guarantee that Rodgers will EVER win one....

And you wonder why no one is singing your praises in the NFL...??

You have to EARN it in the NFL. The Saints have been a contender for a few years, and you don't hear people even really blowing their horn yet....

Do not count thy chickens before they hatch...
True. Rodgers is an unknown quantity in the playoffs. He might succeed, he might not.

We do, however, know things about Favre, like this:
"After beating the San Francisco 49ers in the 1997 NFC Championship Game, Favre won just three of his last 10 playoff games. Eli Manning had more postseason wins in a 29-day span this past season than Favre had in his last decade with the Green Bay Packers."

-Taken from an article after Favre retired... oh I have to be more specific. The one with the press conference.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol superbowl count

packers 3

vikings still have ..................... 0
really? I haven't heard proffesser. everytime your takeing a beatdown on here(which is alot)that is always your comeback. keep crying about the poor packers who don't get the love but maybe they don't like cheese

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW all this "Vikes don't get THAT much love" talk from ESPN is not really accurate. Every time I've heard the ESPN NFL analysts talk about the top NFL teams, it's been the Colts, Saints, and the Vikings. That talk really hasn't faded as of late. I would know since I've watched my fair share of ESPN.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Took the words right out of my mouth.

If I'm not mistaken, you haven't won any playoff games with Favre yet. You aren't guaranteed any wins. The one serious NFC contender you played this year? Guess what, you lost. Pretty badly, at that.

The problem with trying to discuss anything with you is that you NEVER see it the other way around. Most of your points are perfectly valid for the Vikings as well. At least we acknowledge our weaknesses and try to improve them.
I know you played one division contender twice and got spanked in both games, BTW Thank you for loseing to the 1-12 Bucs as i did not want them to go 0-16

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
News flash rodgers had less than 200 yards this week and no TD's.

Brett favre(remember him?) also had less than 200 yards last week.

Peterson? Less than 100 yards.

Best reciever? Berrian, less than 50 yards.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I know you played one division contender twice and got spanked in both games, BTW Thank you for loseing to the 1-12 Bucs as i did not want them to go 0-16
We were too distracted by the creamsicle uniforms to concentrate on the game. :shock:

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So 0-2 Records mean nothing in the playoffs, You play a side and win or you go home, The colts were 14-2 and they got knocked out, Its one game to make a season, Favre's arm will be dead by then anyway and we will kick your ***** into the turf.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW all this "Vikes don't get THAT much love" talk from ESPN is not really accurate. Every time I've heard the ESPN NFL analysts talk about the top NFL teams, it's been the Colts, Saints, and the Vikings. That talk really hasn't faded as of late. I would know since I've watched my fair share of ESPN.
Yeah they just dominated a 9-3 division leader this week and did I mentioned have clinched a playoff spot already? FYI the packers lost to the 11-2 vikings so that happens. they usually praise the team that wins and not vice versa

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
BTW Thank you for loseing to the 1-12 Bucs as i did not want them to go 0-16

Packers always try and do community service for underprivileged kids...

After the playoffs i hear they're donating Jared Allen's hair to Cancer patients

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Grasping at straws with that Bucs loss, huh? Like I said, there was a lot we did wrong in the past (in that game, particularly). But we've addressed most of those issues and we're playing good football right now.

If you consider losing by one score getting spanked, then the Pitt and the Cards spanked you and grounded you for a week, no TV, no computer. Seriously though, it's the NFL, every team has problems and has weak games, get over it and move on. The past doesn't matter too much except when it comes to home field advantage. An entire season is a long time to change and a lot of football to grow into your team.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So 0-2 Records mean nothing in the playoffs, You play a side and win or you go home, The colts were 14-2 and they got knocked out, Its one game to make a season, Favre's arm will be dead by then anyway and we will kick your ***** into the turf.
Yeah I know you said that twice earlier this year and it didn't turnout so well for you if memory serves