No Love for The Pack?

Therran D

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How come the "experts" on ESPN (i.e. Colin Cowherd) and the folks in some of the forums that I've read online still dismiss Green Bay as being a legit playoff contending team, even though they are a) on a five-game winning streak, and b) sittin' in the playoffs thus far at 9-4? It angers me because everyone's like, "Who have they played?" or "This team really hasn't been tested." So yeah, maybe we did have to play the Lions twice, Browns and Rams once, but YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME...HELLO!!! Regardless of who've we've played, we're on a 5-game winning streak; ANY winning streak is a MAJOR accomplishment in the NFL, regardless if it's 13, five, or even two. Seems like no matter how well we do, we'll never get the props we deserve!

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I think the main thing is our inconsistency. We can beat the Ravens and Dallas, yet lose to the Bucs.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Does the same go for Minnesota, there Therran?

The Packers are not a serious team. C'mon man..really.

Only Homers think so, at this point..

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah but one lose isnt the end of our season, if we won the rest of our games other teams would be taking notice and that loss vs WHO?

So what?

Who did the Steelers lose to in 2005? They lost to the Jacksonville Jaguars who lost to the Rams that season, that doesnt mean the Steelers and Jags suck, it means one weekend doesnt make a season, yeah we lost a game but we bounced back strongly and look where we are now.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Cowherd threw the Packers into the garbage can yesterday on SportsNation (along with the Cardinals and Cowboys). Too many penalties and too many sacks were his reason. I'll give him the penalties, because they're god awful terrible, but the sacks have been cleaned up since the Dallas game.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ofcoarse not. The packers are battle tested and the vikings are not. For some reson our schedule is identical(basically) but the packers have proved their worth and the Vikings have not according to this forum

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
ofcoarse not. The packers are battle tested and the vikings are not. For some reson our schedule is identical(basically) but the packers have proved their worth and the Vikings have not according to this forum
I really hate sweeping generalizations.

I'd argue both teams have proven their worth and i'd argue Minnesota has proven they're a Super Bowl contender.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah but one lose isnt the end of our season, if we won the rest of our games other teams would be taking notice and that loss vs WHO?

So what?

Who did the Steelers lose to in 2005? They lost to the Jacksonville Jaguars who lost to the Rams that season, that doesnt mean the Steelers and Jags suck, it means one weekend doesnt make a season, yeah we lost a game but we bounced back strongly and look where we are now.
trailing the vikings by three games with the tie-breaker off to minnesota with 3 games left to play?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
trailing the vikings by three games with the tie-breaker off to minnesota with 3 games left to play?
We're down by 2 and they have the tiebreak with 3 to play.

Why are we talking about the division? The Vikings are going to win it. It's gone, over, finished, ain't happening.

OP
OP
Therran D

Therran D

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Uh...NO! The Vikings are gettin' ALL the props in the world, depsite them having virtually the SAME schedule. "Favre is Golden...Childress is an offensive-minded genius...their offense is unstopable...Jared Allen...Jared Allen...Jared Allen..." that's all I ever hear about that team.

All I'm saying is that how that WE shouldn't be looked over because of our so-called lack of strength of schedule.

And how can you say a team with the league's #1 defense--and with one fo the leagues top 5 QB's--is not serious? Give me break...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hate sweeping generalizations.

I'd argue both teams have proven their worth and i'd argue Minnesota has proven they're a Super Bowl contender.
no doubt, i was just have some fun is all. Get into the playoffs and get on a roll and let the chips fall where they may. Packers are playing good ball right now but the schedule has been suspect like the vikings so it will be interestng to see if the vikings and packers are good as billed against playoff teams.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh...NO! The Vikings are gettin' ALL the props in the world, depsite them having virtually the SAME schedule. "Favre is Golden...Childress is an offensive-minded genius...their offense is unstopable...Jared Allen...Jared Allen...Jared Allen..." that's all I ever hear about that team.

All I'm saying is that how that WE shouldn't be looked over because of our so-called lack of strength of schedule.

And how can you say a team with the league's #1 defense--and with one fo the leagues top 5 QB's--is not serious? Give me break...
your no 1 defense has alot to do with your dismall special team play that has given up huge yards(insert percy 'the real deal" harvin) Short distance to the goal line which induces less yardage to pad the stats. Not to mention your terrible yardage the penaltys are giving up. Favre carved up your secondary and will continue to do so as the O-Line in Minnesota is far superior to any line you have faced this year. How many points did the Vikings drop on you this year? Don't hate the players,hate the game playerhater

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings have of course proven to be the better team this season then the Pack, but to say if we did face them in the play off, it wouldn't be closer then it was would be ridiculous. We've shown more that we can clean up our penalties at times, more so then we did in the first half of the season. The D has shown up a lot more, but that Harris injury is hurting us. Tramon will have a target on his back when teams play us. Plus, Grant is getting it together and our O-Line play has been much better.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
your no 1 defense has alot to do with your dismall special team play that has given up huge yards(insert percy 'the real deal" harvin) Short distance to the goal line which induces less yardage to pad the stats. Not to mention your terrible yardage the penaltys are giving up. Favre carved up your secondary and will continue to do so as the O-Line in Minnesota is far superior to any line you have faced this year. How many points did the Vikings drop on you this year? Don't hate the players,hate the game playerhater
I don't understand how Vikings fans are so happy with where the team is right now. Honestly, I would say that, for the most part, Favre has been the difference maker for your team this year. However, he's old and he certainly won't be around much longer.

What are you going to do when he's gone? Your so called "golden boy" Adrian Peterson seems to have lost a bit of a step and has been shut down by opposing defenses quite a few times this year (I can name two particularly memorable games...), and to top that, you have no qb prospects behind Father Time. Your defense is competitive, but so far, only against questionable teams (like our "#1 defense"). Our offense, if it weren't for our horrendous O-line play, could have easily shredded your defense, just as Favre did ours.

So tell me then, why is it so incredibly difficult for sports casters to ignore that GB is an up and coming team in the league while the Vikings are seemingly hinging on a few players? They glorify Favre and his lone TD pass in the game, while Rodgers goes for 300+ and 2-3 TDs with the win, and gets a mention in a highlight, maybe.

That's the question that's being asked. Is our rise being eclipsed by the Vikings record and Favre's drama? I think it is, and I think the issue here is that this year, in particular, our players aren't getting the love they deserve.

My opinion: let's keep it that way. I like the way we are sort of flying under the radar right now. With a good draft this year and strong offseason, we could be an elite team next year. The fact that we are most likely in the playoffs and pull off some interesting surprises should be enough to show everyone that we're in for a good next couple of years. If nobody wants to see it that way, then fine, we'll just do it anyways.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"The Packers ARE who we THOUGHT they were...If you wanna crown 'em..then go ahead and crown 'em"....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That doesn't make them "battle tested"...however.

Do you honestly think that they are better than...

1. Saints
2. Vikings
3. Eagles
4. Giants
5. Dallas
6. Arizona?

I don't....

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand how Vikings fans are so happy with where the team is right now. Honestly, I would say that, for the most part, Favre has been the difference maker for your team this year. However, he's old and he certainly won't be around much longer.

What are you going to do when he's gone? Your so called "golden boy" Adrian Peterson seems to have lost a bit of a step and has been shut down by opposing defenses quite a few times this year (I can name two particularly memorable games...), and to top that, you have no qb prospects behind Father Time. Your defense is competitive, but so far, only against questionable teams (like our "#1 defense"). Our offense, if it weren't for our horrendous O-line play, could have easily shredded your defense, just as Favre did ours.

So tell me then, why is it so incredibly difficult for sports casters to ignore that GB is an up and coming team in the league while the Vikings are seemingly hinging on a few players? They glorify Favre and his lone TD pass in the game, while Rodgers goes for 300+ and 2-3 TDs with the win, and gets a mention in a highlight, maybe.

That's the question that's being asked. Is our rise being eclipsed by the Vikings record and Favre's drama? I think it is, and I think the issue here is that this year, in particular, our players aren't getting the love they deserve.

My opinion: let's keep it that way. I like the way we are sort of flying under the radar right now. With a good draft this year and strong offseason, we could be an elite team next year. The fact that we are most likely in the playoffs and pull off some interesting surprises should be enough to show everyone that we're in for a good next couple of years. If nobody wants to see it that way, then fine, we'll just do it anyways.
Even hough we were 10-6 with gus ferrotte last year and added Loadholt and harvin? You guys got destroyed by the Vikings a month ago on your own turf. penaltys, weak schedule, injurys, you squecked by a terrible bears team just this week. the vikings are playing great ball except last week so what do you expect? I think the packers get alot of love on ESPN. Maybe not as much as the Vikings but they don't deserve as much since the packers got swept and what is so hard to figure that out? News flash rodgers had less than 200 yards this week and no TD's. Brett favre(remember him?) Has an incredible TD to Int ratio and just came off of a november where he was NFC offensive player of the month. So give them a big virtual kiss if you think they need more love

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
"The Packers ARE who we THOUGHT they were...If you wanna crown 'em..then go ahead and crown 'em"....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That doesn't make them "battle tested"...however.

Do you honestly think that they are better than...

1. Saints
2. Vikings
3. Eagles
4. Giants
5. Dallas
6. Arizona?

I don't....
I didn't say they were better than any of those teams. I said they could potentially compete with those teams. The Saints have definitely shown weakness, at times. The Vikings really got us bad on our O-line play and secondary, but both of those aspects of our game have really stepped up recently. The Eagles and Giants are certainly beatable, by ANY team. We all know about Dallas. Arizona can clearly be beaten (just because you couldn't beat them, doesn't mean we can't).

Just as you said, we ARE who everyone THOUGHT we were going to be. That's a playoff caliber team. We had some rough and tumble games at the beginning of the season, and everyone started doubting, but now we're sitting right where we should be.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

The question is...why are you so happy with where your team is?

You are barely over .500 in 5 years under Ted Thompson.

You haven't won ANY playoff games without Brett Favre at the helm and there is NO guarantee that Rodgers will EVER win one....

And you wonder why no one is singing your praises in the NFL...??

Wow. That's alot of arrogance to have for a team that really hasn't proven anything as of yet.

You have to EARN it in the NFL. The Saints have been a contender for a few years, and you don't hear people even really blowing their horn yet....

Do not count thy chickens before they hatch...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts