No Coach of the Year Award for MM

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Well deserved. He really overcame adversity this year.

/sarcasm

I'll give him that it was a GREAT personnel choice to get rid of Moss. Although, there were times during the playoff game against the Jets where he really could have used a deep threat.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate him but he's right up there in the discussion with best head coach of all time. McCarthy not even receiving one vote did surprise me though.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Congratulations to TheSnowPlow and the cool Pats fans everywhere. The man is an excellent coach, there's no denying that.

It's the Year of the Snub™ for the Green Bay Packers. All the more reason to play their blanks off on Sunday. Bring home the Lombardi, guys.

OP
OP
Zeck180

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congratulations to TheSnowPlow and the cool Pats fans everywhere. The man is an excellent coach, there's no denying that.

It's the Year of the Snub™ for the Green Bay Packers. All the more reason to play their blanks off on Sunday. Bring home the Lombardi, guys.

That's a sign why the Pack never received any awards of any kind! Cause they're all getting rings!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im watching sound fx with him right now. Its pretty funny. He is talking to ocho before a game telling him he is going to double him all day. Ocho - "wait... are you serious?.... tell me your kidding...." BB - "Im not going to let you spike the ball here" (@NE)

hilarious.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I hate him but he's right up there in the discussion with best head coach of all time. McCarthy not even receiving one vote did surprise me though.
Tomlin didn't get a vote either. He deserves some sort of recognition for keeping the team winning with Dennis Dixon leading it.

Gymrat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tomlin didn't get a vote either. He deserves some sort of recognition for keeping the team winning with Dennis Dixon leading it.
With Ben being out 4 games and the Packers having all these injuries and both teams being in the Super Bowl you would assume that Tomlin or Big Mike would have each gotten at least one vote.
Let me get this right, Bill B. trades a future HOF WR for a third round pick and wins coach of the year, yet TT trades a future HOF QB for a third and gets nothing but grief for it even during media week while his team is preparing to play in the Super Bowl? I don't even....

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did you all really expect Mike to win it?

If postseason was considered, I would definitely expect as much. But regular season-wise? Even with all the injuries, no freaking way.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did you all really expect Mike to win it?

If postseason was considered, I would definitely expect as much. But regular season-wise? Even with all the injuries, no freaking way.

what about if we would have beat the pats this season? would that have swung it the other way?

Reaction score
Somebody in the NFL higher ups wanted to see the Patriots in the Superbowl this year only to see them get destroyed. It doesn't surprise me that they just keep giving these awards to the same people every year. Not to worry though, GB will win the only award that counts this Sunday............THE RING!!!

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Ben being out 4 games and the Packers having all these injuries and both teams being in the Super Bowl you would assume that Tomlin or Big Mike would have each gotten at least one vote.
Let me get this right, Bill B. trades a future HOF WR for a third round pick and wins coach of the year, yet TT trades a future HOF QB for a third and gets nothing but grief for it even during media week while his team is preparing to play in the Super Bowl? I don't even....

I'm with you on this. MM and Tomlin certainly deserved consideration for the job that each has done this season. I'm not saying they should have won but they should have each gotten votes.

While Bellichick did a good job I think Morris and Haley deserved the award more. They both turned perennial losers into very competitive teams this year. Oh well, I guess us Packer and Steeler fans will have to be content seeing our teams play in the BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Considering that off this site I never heard McCarthy brought up once outside of Troy Aikman, I'm not surprised.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think it was about 3 years ago that ESPN The Mag did a little story on win percentage coupled with playoffs over a 10 year span. The Packers of the 60's led everyone, but the Patriots had the opportunity to take the lead if they had gone to the Super Bowl. I remember breathing a sigh of relief when it didn't materialize. No other team was even close. Belichick would have surpassed Lombardi. Instead the Lombardi trophy is still aptly named.

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
unbelievable. I thought for sure MM would have been in the running. With all the injuries, I thought he was a shoo in. Most teams would have fallen apart with that kind of injuries.

And what did BB do? Brady had a great year but their defense left a look to be desired.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I think it was about 3 years ago that ESPN The Mag did a little story on win percentage coupled with playoffs over a 10 year span. The Packers of the 60's led everyone, but the Patriots had the opportunity to take the lead if they had gone to the Super Bowl. I remember breathing a sigh of relief when it didn't materialize. No other team was even close. Belichick would have surpassed Lombardi. Instead the Lombardi trophy is still aptly named.

As a Pats fan, let me just be clear -

The Lombardi trophy is aptly named, and IMHO Lombardi is, and will always be, the best coach this league ever saw. My own personal opinion is that Belichick is the best coach in the modern era, but I wouldn't worry too much about them ever renaming the trophy after him or anything :)

Members online

Latest posts