Nnamdi Asomugha to Eagles *updated*

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone heard any updates on where this guys is headed.
I heard the Pack would be interested but that NYJ and Dallas are the front runners?

I dont want to speculate because I have no info....

thats why Im posting on here.... has ANYONE heard any real news on this.... not just rumors?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never heard any serious news about us being interested. Only speculation. But then again, the media only knows who the Packers are interested in after they sign the contract. Leaks in the building are extremely rare, and something TT is particularly proud of.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmmmm. things are quiet...too quiet....TT just dumped a good deal of money off the books and he is ready to roll with his draft picks and UDFA signings. I wouldn't be shocked if C Wood's buddy joins the ranks.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything about the Packers signing ANYBODY, except undrafted free agents and our draftees. Not one tweet, rumor article (that is a credible source), or anything of that sort to suggest the Packers are trying to trade for someone, thinking about signing someone, etc. I've only heard three things 1) guys leaving 2) bringing in undrafted free agents 3) singing the draftees.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be shocked if we signed nnamdi. I will light an extra candle though in front of my TT shrine.

Cowboys should be out of it. Signing spears.

OP
OP
packers020802

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because all Im hereing is that hes going to the Cowboys.....
If we dont land him I would much rather see him go to the Jets than Dallas

Could u imagine having..... Twill, Nnamdi Asomugha, and Chuck

that would be so sick.

Thanks for the info guys!

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most likely that he will end up with the Jets after the Texans signed Jonathan Joseph and after the Jets restructured 4 players contracts to make room.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I am so glad he's not going to the Jets. I HATE Rex! On the other hand, if the Packers can sign him, I will have what I am going to term a "Packgasm"

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad we don't play them in the regular season. Hopefully we will have a good game plan if we see them in the playoffs.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad we don't play them in the regular season. Hopefully we will have a good game plan if we see them in the playoffs.
Remember, if their kicker hadn't missed TWO regular-chipshot FGs in the Wildcard game, we would have been eliminated in that first playoff game and Arod would be lifetime no playoff wins.

That team is good...... DAMN IT! Why didn't he sign with the Texans early this week!

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember, if their kicker hadn't missed TWO regular-chipshot FGs in the Wildcard game, we would have been eliminated in that first playoff game and Arod would be lifetime no playoff wins.

That team is good...... DAMN IT! Why didn't he sign with the Texans early this week!

Or if James Jones doesn't drop that pass we blow them out

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Wow. They going to run a lot of nickel I guess.

Capers lined the Packers up in nickel on about two-thirds of the snaps. The Eagles are looking like the top competition to the Packers for the NFC Title. I’d have rather seen Asomugha in the AFC.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers lined the Packers up in nickel on about two-thirds of the snaps. The Eagles are looking like the top competition to the Packers for the NFC Title. I’d have rather seen Asomugha in the AFC.

They got a lot of talented rushers too and Jim Washburn is one of the best DL coaches in the NFL.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't the Eagles also need a safety? Would they, dare, play him some at safety? He was originally drafted as a safety and is big enough.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy ******* Crap! If only they had kept Mikel, it would've been the best secondary in the league. They have the best corners in the league, but Tramon, Sir Charles and Shields aren't that far behind. But when you add Nick Collins and Peprah/Burnett to the equation and compare with what they have, we're still the best secondary in the league.

But boy oh boy that is too much talent on that secondary.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
If he'd have missed one the Packers still win. Even if he had made both, MM probably adjusts his playcalling right? They are not the champions and want to be us with TWill and Sammie Shields and Mr. Woodson.
And Frank, we'll have Finley, whom none of their DBs can cover, a better backfield with Grant and Starks and Green.
I get your frustration but I'd be surprised if Vick is anything close to what he was last year. He's learning he can't run around like he used to, he got hurt. Dom knows this and we all know he's not an elite passer.
Packers will still have an elite defense and a top 3 QB and an elite offense. The Eagles haven't got there yet.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I tell you something about this Eagles. We better have Finley flying high by the time we play them, because we're gonna need to focus on the TE A LOT.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
But I tell you something about this Eagles. We better have Finley flying high by the time we play them, because we're gonna need to focus on the TE A LOT.
Don't forget Randall, DJ or Green RS, I think we'll see alot of stuff happening out of the backfield. I think the Green Bay offense is the most dangerous in the league. Two or even three cover corners can't compete with the array of dangerous receivers we will put on the field this season.
It's honestly scary to think what our team might look like this season.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget Randall, DJ or Green RS, I think we'll see alot of stuff happening out of the backfield. I think the Green Bay offense is the most dangerous in the league. Two or even three cover corners can't compete with the array of dangerous receivers we will put on the field this season.
It's honestly scary to think what our team might look like this season.

Don't know how much rookies will contribute this year, with no OTAs and Minicamp...

Members online

Latest posts