Nick McDonald

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could easily see Nick McDonald challenging for a starting Guard spot by next season. If you watch the video he is almost ridiculously relentless with some of his blocks. He will be blocking/pushing some guy down field 30 yards away from the play. Granted he played at a small school with crappy competition he seems to have good hand placement on his blocks and good quick feet to continually drive players back. He also seems to do a great job of double teaming off the snap and then shedding off to pick up a linebacker.

YouTube - Nick McDonald #77 GVSU Lakers Football 2010 NFL Draft Prospect OL Pt. 1!

Green Bay Packers Undrafted Free Agents With a Real Shot... | Jersey Al's Packers Blog

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he'll end up on the practice squad this season. Not that he isn't good or anything but that we already have good depth on all spots on the line:

Starters: LT - Clifton, LG - Colledge, C - Wells, RG - Sitton, RT - Tauscher
Backups: LT - Bulaga, LG - Spitz, C - "The hyphen", RG - Newhouse, RT - Lang

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he'll end up on the practice squad this season. Not that he isn't good or anything but that we already have good depth on all spots on the line:

Starters: LT - Clifton, LG - Colledge, C - Wells, RG - Sitton, RT - Tauscher
Backups: LT - Bulaga, LG - Spitz, C - "The hyphen", RG - Newhouse, RT - Lang
I agree with you.
Bye bye Barbre and Giaconimi. If any other team bites on any of our castoffs, it will first be those guys.... we should safely be able to stash old McDonald on the practice squad. Not Floppy Newhouse.

PackerChamps

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's some more information about the kid including his strengths and weaknesses and a nice article pertaining to his bio:

Wow, since he is only 10 years old, birthdate from site is November 1999, we should definately hold on to him. If his is 6'4 at 10 imagine how big he will be at 20. :eek:hmy:

OP
OP
olwig420

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree he will prob be on the practice squad this year but if Newhouse, Colledge, or Spitz don't show up this year to be great starter or backup I can say this guy could be putting on some pressure next year for a spot. Once again i could see this happening.

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like McDonald and think his chances of making the 53 are OK. EDS made the 53 last year as an UDFA, so why not McDonald? He was impressive against D2 competition last year and has the physical tools to be good.

I wouldn't assume he would clear waivers to get on the practice squad if he is really that good.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, since he is only 10 years old, birthdate from site is November 1999, we should definately hold on to him. If his is 6'4 at 10 imagine how big he will be at 20. :eek:hmy:

Haha, I knew TT liked 'em young! LOL

I like McDonald and think his chances of making the 53 are OK. EDS made the 53 last year as an UDFA, so why not McDonald? He was impressive against D2 competition last year and has the physical tools to be good.

I wouldn't assume he would clear waivers to get on the practice squad if he is really that good.

I think EDS made the team last year out of lack of depth. We barely had anyone else outside of Wells as a capable center. That's why they experimented with Spitz. Plus there was nobody behind Colledge or Sitton who we could call capable backups. Now we have guys like Newhouse, McDonald and Lang who can all be capable backups to fight for a starting job.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha, I knew TT liked 'em young! LOL

I think EDS made the team last year out of lack of depth. We barely had anyone else outside of Wells as a capable center. That's why they experimented with Spitz. Plus there was nobody behind Colledge or Sitton who we could call capable backups. Now we have guys like Newhouse, McDonald and Lang who can all be capable backups to fight for a starting job.
We also lacked T depth, but they still put Meredith on the PS.

I really doubt they kept EDS just for depth purposes. They saw something in him they didn't in Meredith.

Members online

Latest posts