Nick Collins's Surgery Successful, Optimistic About Return

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad things are optimistic. I know that people have had fusion surgeries in the past and that things have been just fine for their playing careers afterwards. But I'm not very familiar with the procedure. Anybody?

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Very good news. Hope Nick is able to play again, can't imagine a career ending at such a young age for such a talented player.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick is an amazing player, great to hear it went well. Here's to a full recovery.

I think a lot of people underestimate just how important he was to our defense.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
This is great news for the Packers and even better news for Collins and his family. Praying for a full recovery; and a speedy one.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Great news, great news for next season. Hope Collins does well with his time off and keep in shape.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to hear that his surgery went well... it would be such a sad ending to a bright career... can't wait to see him suit up again for us next year!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Don't want to be a Debbie Downer and I want to be optimistic, but at the same time he had a major injury. Even with a spinal fusion we are talking about an extended recovery time. Bones don't fuse overnight and even then, it may require follow up surgeries. He may well decide to call it quits even if he could play again. I know I'd have second thoughts about playing again after what he went through. We'll just have to wait and see.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Don't want to be a Debbie Downer and I want to be optimistic, but at the same time he had a major injury. Even with a spinal fusion we are talking about an extended recovery time. Bones don't fuse overnight and even then, it may require follow up surgeries. He may well decide to call it quits even if he could play again. I know I'd have second thoughts about playing again after what he went through. We'll just have to wait and see.

While I agree, I am happy that even if he did call it quits its not like he will be permanently injured, and he would be making the best decision for himself. It has to be a tough call, but not everyone can be like Favre and throw themselves into injury after injury into injury causing boneheaded decisions later in life. He was a great asset to the Pack, and it would be a dang shame to see him go, but for his safety it would be worth it if he did.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to an article on PFT, it can take up to 6 months to see what is going on regarding if Nick will play again or not.
One thing at a time.
Life first.
Football second.

Members online

Latest posts