Nick Collins

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone is raving about our D. But when they do, all i ever hear about seems to be charles woodson and clay matthews. Nick Collins is quietly having a very very good year and is making plays and doing more than his assignment. I think he is a top 5 free safety in the league and is very underrated.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hands down he is having a great year and is one of the elite Safties in the NFL. The reason you always hear about Woodson is because he is Green Bay's Defensive MVP hands down, and according to ESPN, he is ranked in the top 10 in the NFL MVP Watch.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should be praising the D-Line a lot more. They've been exploding up the backfield and making running backs miserable in the process. Sad that Ryan Pickett is as old as Harris. He really does his job well.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we take Nick Collins for granted. For all the talk about him being a ******, when his father was having health problems, and that he was a gambler that allowed too many big plays. Guess what? If he did allow one single big play, I'm astonished. And he hasn't diminished his playmaking skills.

He's overshadowed by Woodson, but there has been a lot of Nick Collins talk. On another site, discussing with Ravens fans, we kept telling them that we had our own Ed Reed in Nick Collins, and they started bashing. 1 FR and 1 INT. Good enough for ya???

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hands down he is having a great year and is one of the elite Safties in the NFL. The reason you always hear about Woodson is because he is Green Bay's Defensive MVP hands down, and according to ESPN, he is ranked in the top 10 in the NFL MVP Watch.

Thats the truth about it, Our D has been great but Woodson is playing the best and that why Collins doesnt get a mention.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Fine with me if the media underestimates our D. Just makes it that much of a surprise when the opponent rushing attacks grinds to a halt against JJ&P. And they turn the ball over 1-2 times a game to the Pack.

Our line is brutal against the run and Woodson is a freak of nature. Superman's tackle was probably the single best Defensive play I've seen in years. Collins is a ball hawk, hard hitting safety and having a hell of a year. He's a force in the Secondary.

Our Linebackers are as good as any in the league imo. Barnett has definitely come back strong. The Rookie OLBs are great picks and can only get better. Matthews, rookie D player of the year possibly.

The last 3 games the D has really started looking playoff caliber. Sucks we lost Harris. He's still better with tons more playoff experience than Tramon. Although if Tramon can hold it together and avoid P.I's, we might have a Championship caliber D on our hands.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins is very underrated, but that is a good thing in my eyes. We shoulda given him a big contract last year, lets hope we don't lose him this year

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins and don't forget Bigby make that defense work, not taking away the great play of the others mentioned on this thread.

Just as a reminder that the first part of the season the safety position was the most highly talked about and debated position on the defense by everyone. TT was looking for answers everywhere, Woodson was calling out the coaching decision on Steve Smith, and we cut Rouse. We were picking up players everywhere trying to fill that position while Collins and Bigby fought through injuries.

Once healthy those two have had a pretty outstanding year. I bet that Caper feels more comfortable now blitzing than he did when that position was so unstable.

Both those players need to be resigned, if not we will see this defense sputter next year.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins and don't forget Bigby make that defense work, not taking away the great play of the others mentioned on this thread.

Just as a reminder that the first part of the season the safety position was the most highly talked about and debated position on the defense by everyone. TT was looking for answers everywhere, Woodson was calling out the coaching decision on Steve Smith, and we cut Rouse. We were picking up players everywhere trying to fill that position while Collins and Bigby fought through injuries.

Once healthy those two have had a pretty outstanding year. I bet that Caper feels more comfortable now blitzing than he did when that position was so unstable.

Both those players to be resigned, if not we will see this defense sputter next year.
you mean "anthony" smith. Yeah i thought that atari bigby's return was the most overlooked. Nick collins will be resigned eventually but i doubt TT will dish out the cash for bigb because of his inability to stay healthy. the Dolphins thought that he had huge potential but that was the exact reason why they cut him.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone is raving about our D. But when they do, all i ever hear about seems to be charles woodson and clay matthews. Nick Collins is quietly having a very very good year and is making plays and doing more than his assignment. I think he is a top 5 free safety in the league and is very underrated.

Collins was a Pro Bowl participant last season, he's hardly been overlooked. Maybe overlooked in the sense that he's not the most outstanding individual defensive player in GB in '09.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts