Nick Collins update

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
From what I've heard, the first exam was supposed to happen late last week. But Jason Wilde cautioned that even a very positive report from the doc would only be the beginning of the process. Beyond having the Packers docs sign off on it too, I'm not sure what the rest of the process is. The comments McCarthy has made has me wondering if Collins would have to convince him he should play, even if all the docs sign off on his return.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I thought the status update was supposed to be last week. I'm kinda tired of waiting. Seems like it's been forever

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think hes waiting back on the results from the docs, he took the tests last week. Like somebody else said this is just the first step in seeing if he can comeback, he has to go through our team doctors, then Mccarthy wants to sit down with him as well, if the 2 previous steps go as planned.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, he is getting his results today from the docs.

I expect him to be able to play again myself but that's purely a gut feeling.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Collins is his own man and will make his own decision. If all the doctors involved sign off saying he is good to go there is no way McCarthy will overrule what Nick wants and say "no you can't play"

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've heard, the first exam was supposed to happen late last week. But Jason Wilde cautioned that even a very positive report from the doc would only be the beginning of the process. Beyond having the Packers docs sign off on it too, I'm not sure what the rest of the process is. The comments McCarthy has made has me wondering if Collins would have to convince him he should play, even if all the docs sign off on his return.

Yeah, McCarthy sounded like his preference was to have Nick hang it up.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the status update was supposed to be last week. I'm kinda tired of waiting. Seems like it's been forever

Even if he can play, it's still going to be a very long process before he even sees the field. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him on the PUP list or even IR to start the year, provided he's given the green light. McCarthy REALLY doesn't want him to play.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he is just making it blatantly clear that he will not be pushing him into playing at all. He wants this to be Nick and the doctors making the decision.

PackersandPokemon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think McCarthy is trying to get him to stop playing; rather, he's emphasizing that he cares more about his players' safety than risking their health by trying to force him back in. Personally, I don't read in too much to the "if he were my son" quote- it was the [politically and morally] right thing to say.
I really hope that Collins will be cautiously allowed back in..great guy, great player.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Packers never announce until the physicals are complete. Assuming the docs tell him he is at no more risk than normal, and he comes back, will he mentally be the same player. Seems to me it would always be at the back of your mind.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way I look at it is, the doctors must of gave him some encouraging news because if they gave him bad news I dont think he would have to even meet with the packers, he would just hang it up.

Members online

Latest posts