Nick adding fuel to the fire?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Add to that the dropped TD pass by Donald Lee. If he holds on to that friggin ball, this game goes to overtime. So even with a porous offensive line and some very weak pass protection, we still had a shot to beat one of the better teams in the league. I think it's quite promising.

MplsPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's get real here. There's no way Jordy Nelson scores a TD if vikes don't play prevent defense and there's no way A-Rodg would've thrown for 380+ yards. You guys claim to know football. Everyone knows that garbage time stats and scores are just that, garbage.

Honestly, this wasn't as close of a game as everyone is trying to pretend it was. It looked like the Vikings took the foot off the pedal after the safety by Jared Allen. Before that, the Pack only scored on a long bomb and a stripped fumble return for a TD. While the Vikes ran up and down the field at will.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mpls-

I disagree- Green Bay did a pretty good job moving the ball as well. The opening drive was solid, though unfortunately Rodgers got sacked and fumbled. Then the drive in the 3rd quarter where Donald Lee dropped a TD pass.

Plus, that pick by Woodson should have stood. No way was that pass interference. That was a complete homer call against the Packers that would have otherwise saved a TD.

So I think the game was every bit as close as it looked.

MplsPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you not hear the ref say that there were two fouls against the defense on that Woodson so-called pick? Offsides on the defense was declined. Pass interference was accepted. So either way, it was going to be Viking ball still.

And if the game was as close as you say, I don't see why GB would need to do 2 onside kicks in the last 5 minutes..??

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't hear that actually. I was in my local sports bar so I couldn't hear much of anything.

But, here's the difference- The PI gives them an automatic first down. Offsides doesn't.

Again, if Donald Lee holds on to that stinkin TD pass, we're down by 7 and get the ball back with plenty of time in the 4th quarter to tie. That's why I think the game was closer. As it stands, we lost by 7. If it was such a route, how did we stay competitive despite all of our flaws?

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Garbage time..Garbage time...

If the game was closer, no way do the Packers score those points, and Minnesota would have tacked on another TD or two...haha:rotfl:

MplsPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys cannot conceive the fact that Green Bay got man-handled last night huh? Well, whatever floats your boat. They'll meet again in November at Lambeau. Hopefully they can protect Rodgers this time so we can see the true Favre vs Rodgers show.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't hear that actually. I was in my local sports bar so I couldn't hear much of anything.

But, here's the difference- The PI gives them an automatic first down. Offsides doesn't.

Again, if Donald Lee holds on to that stinkin TD pass, we're down by 7 and get the ball back with plenty of time in the 4th quarter to tie. That's why I think the game was closer. As it stands, we lost by 7. If it was such a route, how did we stay competitive despite all of our flaws?

they scored the next play so it doesnt matter what down it was. And Woodson grabed the wr and turned him. You cant tell me if it was the other way you would be saying it wasn't pi.
This game was not close. Garbage time yards and scores made it look that way, but if you think the viks were playing the same way after the saftey as they were the whoel game, then we were watching to different games.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where will Favre be in 4 years? 5 Years? Probably sittin' on the porch down in the Bayou drinking his tea watching Aaron Rodgers play in the playoffs. Enjoy Favre's last couple of years...he won't last much longer than that. That is why the decision was made to let him go in the first place. Arod is the quarterback of the future. If Favre had to play behind our O-line right now he'd be dead already, and everybody would be saying how washed up he is right now. Whether you like TT and MM, I agree that it was time to let Favre go and time to start playing the kid they have been grooming for 3 years. Unfortunately, they haven't adressed the O-line issue and it is costing us right now. If they don't address the issue in this offseason, we should toss TT to the curb, because he would have to be totally oblivious to not see it 2 seasons in a row. MM better get his act together this season too or we need to hire an Offensive Co-Ordinator and strip him of those duties so he can concentrate on the game more (like yelling at his players for making so many stupid penalties). Is it really that hard to come up with a pass play designed to make a 5 yard gain, or to make a run play that has a blocker in front of Grant? Good God... people have said that Favre threw mostly 5 yard passes in that game and that it was not that great of a performance. YES...5 YARD PASSES CAN BE EFFECTIVE !!! When your run game is getting shut down, a 5 yard pass can eat the other defense alive.
Brad Childress's job is on the line so it made perfect logic to bring him North. He is here to win this year so if they don't go atleast to the NFC championship game Chilly & favre will ride off in the sunset together. Childress has to produce this year and I don't blame him for not trusting his future in T-Jack or sage. The old man looked good and four games in the pack is 2 games back. With that O-line and D-line the pack will take a beatdown this year no matter how well Aaron Rodgers plays. If you think Favre will not make it through the season you might want to change your prayers towards the health of mr. Rodgers. he took a beatdown last night and farve got knocked down I think once unless a missed a hit on him while I was cooking burgers For 24 completions he averaged almost a 11 yards a catch so he did his job. which is to manage the game and no pics! Mission accomplished in my mind

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What you genius's are forgettin' is that Favre only been in Minnesota for a MONTH, and without their best receiver, Berrian.

He is only going to get better as he gets more familiar with the WR's...like he did with the JETS last year.

What's Nick Collins' wonderlic?

It's gotta be like an 8, or something..

haha..You're goin' down...:rotfl:

yeah and how he fell off the second half the year (granted had an injury) but admitted he ran out of gas. :viksux:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Add to that the dropped TD pass by Donald Lee. If he holds on to that friggin ball, this game goes to overtime. So even with a porous offensive line and some very weak pass protection, we still had a shot to beat one of the better teams in the league. I think it's quite promising.
yeah I am sure brett would shut his arm down in the 4th QTR like he did last night If the packers were a score or two closer. Because it was obvious that Farve coudn't do a thing against that defense of the pack. He had no chance against woodson or big Al & co. He had terrible numbers up to that point so he had to shut his arm down in the fourth and just hope to hang on. yeah those bissmal numbers of 24 for 31( with three drops) 3 td's O int's and a QB rateing of 142. Wow did the Vikes dodge a bullet last night:shock:

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The score is very misleading as the Vikes did take their foot off of the pedal halfway through the 4th quarter. Should they have? I am sure at that point they go into "let's not get ourselves injured this game is in the bag" mode. If you remember after they gave up that TD to Jordy Nelson they were still all smiles on the field. Jared Allen even started playing half-@$$ in the fourth when if he had continued his relentless pursuit of Aaron he could have got one or two more sacks.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah I am sure brett would shut his arm down in the 4th QTR like he did last night If the packers were a score or two closer. Because it was obvious that Farve coudn't do a thing against that defense of the pack. He had no chance against woodson or big Al & co. He had terrible numbers up to that point so he had to shut his arm down in the fourth and just hope to hang on. yeah those bissmal numbers of 24 for 31( with three drops) 3 td's O int's and a QB rateing of 142. Wow did the Vikes dodge a bullet last night:shock:

Love how you mention 3 drops but when talking about the Packers you wont admit they had drops ( lee Td, 2 by Wynn, you get the point ) ;)

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love how you mention 3 drops but when talking about the Packers you wont admit they had drops ( lee Td, 2 by Wynn, you get the point ) ;)
I am just saying Favre can still play at a high level and Sydney Rice came down about the one yard shy of 4 TD's passes last nite. So his QB rateing could of been higher. That man has a rocket launcher of an arm

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this Mike McCarthy?

No, just a fan who doesn't believe all is totally lost yet. Remember the Giants of 2007? Started the year in horrible fashion and wound up winning the Super Bowl. While I think winning the Super Bowl is a lofty goal, I don't believe all is lost yet. I still believe we can ultimately win the division and make the playoffs this year.

Our biggest problem is our offensive line. With Clifton returning after the bye week and the signing of Tauscher, I believe we'll improve. Barbre has really stepped up on that right side since his first game, and our left side will be improved with Clifton back in the lineup.

On defense, we should be getting Bigby back after the bye week. That will help with our pass protection. Plus you saw our ability to stop the run. We held AP to less than 100 yards. Hopefully we can do that again in round 2.

The wheels aren't off the wagon yet. Right now they're just wobbling a bit. Now we have time to make some repairs. Lets hope we can do just that.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As I said before, 2 losses with 12 to go..and 1st 2 games after bye looks good for us..

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
No, just a fan who doesn't believe all is totally lost yet. Remember the Giants of 2007? Started the year in horrible fashion and wound up winning the Super Bowl. While I think winning the Super Bowl is a lofty goal, I don't believe all is lost yet. I still believe we can ultimately win the division and make the playoffs this year.

Our biggest problem is our offensive line. With Clifton returning after the bye week and the signing of Tauscher, I believe we'll improve. Barbre has really stepped up on that right side since his first game, and our left side will be improved with Clifton back in the lineup.

On defense, we should be getting Bigby back after the bye week. That will help with our pass protection. Plus you saw our ability to stop the run. We held AP to less than 100 yards. Hopefully we can do that again in round 2.

The wheels aren't off the wagon yet. Right now they're just wobbling a bit. Now we have time to make some repairs. Lets hope we can do just that.

Yes let's think for a second here. Why did we lose against the vikings? Not AD, Favre. I don't think Favre would have had that big of a night if Bigby was there. Also the O-Line. Clifton and Tausch are coming back. If you look at what Rodgers has been able to do with a terrible line just think what he's gonna do with 2 pro bowlers protecting him.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes let's think for a second here. Why did we lose against the vikings? Not AD, Favre. I don't think Favre would have had that big of a night if Bigby was there. Also the O-Line. Clifton and Tausch are coming back. If you look at what Rodgers has been able to do with a terrible line just think what he's gonna do with 2 pro bowlers protecting him.
Jared Allen will still own the Pack and sharon Rodgers

MilwaukeePackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL @ PackersRS. The Playoffs? LOL. But I Do Feel With Them Back On The Line We Will Be Better! Don't Count Us Out Yet! Just Watch We Will Be In The Playoffs! I Truly Believe That Although We Have A lot Of Problems Once Again.

:viksux:

MilwaukeePackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@ Skol Guy! I Am Willing 2 Put Money On It That JA Will Not Have A Game Like That Nov 1st. They Will Def Fix That. I Have Paypal Whats Up Skol Guy U Queen Fan Punk!!!

:viksux::viksux::viksux:

Members online

Latest posts