Nick adding fuel to the fire?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers are ready for Favre | StarTribune.com

"There's no advantage one way or the other because Brett is not their entire team," Collins said. "They got a lot of playmakers that make them go. They got Adrian Peterson. They got Percy Harvin. Brett is not the key guy who makes them the so-called 'Powerhouse of the North.' Brett is just a guy."

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not necessarily. To date their game has been all Adrian Peterson all the time. Until last week's bit of madness, Favre hadn't really been anything more than a game manager. It's the style of football the Vikings have been playing for the last couple of years.

What Favre does is he brings experience. He can read defenses better than Tarvaris or Sage, which means he can make better throws when he has to. Otherwise the guy really is just another guy on the team. It's not meant as a knock against him at all.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not necessarily. To date their game has been all Adrian Peterson all the time. Until last week's bit of madness, Favre hadn't really been anything more than a game manager. It's the style of football the Vikings have been playing for the last couple of years.

What Favre does is he brings experience. He can read defenses better than Tarvaris or Sage, which means he can make better throws when he has to. Otherwise the guy really is just another guy on the team. It's not meant as a knock against him at all.

Collins may not have meant what he said in a condescending way but he needs to mature a little & realize that intent & perception can be two entirely different things.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I wish these guys would just sing his praises...nothing but one compliment after another to the point of giving us tooth aches (they're such sweet comments, you understand)...and then turn from the press and say "F**k that bullsh*t, we're taking his sorry head off on Monday". Their analytical offerings should be kept in the locker room...no tweets ... no splashy commentary ... just take it to the Vikies on the field, not the press.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'll take honesty from a player than BS pseudo psychology to somehow AFFECT the other side. This is a grudge match and I don't think anything said is going to make the players play any better than they already will.

What Collin said is the truth and not like it makes a bit of difference to anybody. Favre, Childress, AP and the entire Vikings team knows it's the truth. Farve was brought in to sell tickets and game manage. AP is the man, stop him and you got a shot at winning.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What you genius's are forgettin' is that Favre only been in Minnesota for a MONTH, and without their best receiver, Berrian.

He is only going to get better as he gets more familiar with the WR's...like he did with the JETS last year.

What's Nick Collins' wonderlic?

It's gotta be like an 8, or something..

haha..You're goin' down...:rotfl:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
What you genius's are forgettin' is that Favre only been in Minnesota for a MONTH, and without their best receiver, Berrian.

He is only going to get better as he gets more familiar with the WR's...like he did with the JETS last year.

So he's gonna get better and lose the last 5 games like he did in NY? That'll work for me.

Who gives a crap what Collins wonderlic is!? What difference does it make when your talking about player statements before a game.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

and yet he shouldnt miss any otas, or training camps, because he will get in sync with the players with in a month or 2...

See our point now?

If he was in camp they might not have hard times beating sub par teams.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So he's gonna get better and lose the last 5 games like he did in NY? That'll work for me.

Who gives a crap what Collins wonderlic is!? What difference does it make when your talking about player statements before a game.

What part of "He had a torn bicep don't you understand"?

Sub-par teams..you mean like Cincinatti, and the Packers...

You guys are a joke!

Bring it on.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Yeah, The Stealers thought Cinci was sub par too. Cinci ate their Wheaties this season, let me tell u. Lets face it, both the pack and the queens haven't played anybody worth mentioning until Tommorow. It aaaaall comes down to tommorow. May the best team win, and the queens lose.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, The Stealers thought Cinci was sub par too. Cinci ate their Wheaties this season, let me tell u. Lets face it, both the pack and the queens haven't played anybody worth mentioning until Tommorow. It aaaaall comes down to tommorow. May the best team win, and the queens lose.

i would like to agree with you ,, however im more worried about when the queens play at lambeau nov 1st .. to me ,, its a way more important game .. dont get me wrong ,, im hoping we can go in there and steal one .. but even if we loose tommrow ,, it wont be that bad .. we still have to play the queens at home ... thats the game i believe will be epic ...

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What part of "He had a torn bicep don't you understand"?

Sub-par teams..you mean like Cincinatti, and the Packers...

You guys are a joke!

Bring it on.

I am still waiting for the Ted ego thing..

It cant be your avoiding it cuz you have no solid proof eh?

Nahhhhh

Side note the Viks havent played the Pack yet

and as others have said..Cinnci beat Pitt so one might say they could be very very good

Vikings beat Detroit WOW!! And the Browns-two big power houses...

But did do a fantastic job beating the niners

So Jeff..you hate the Pack so much why not change your name to suit your fandom to the Vikings?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, Minny has played 2 weak sisters and another team in rebuilding mode. GB has played a good Chicago team, a possibly good Cincinatti team, and one weak sister. We'll get a better idea where both teams (and JQ precious Favre) are when they play tonight. Looking forward to it.

Glad GB is the underdog, less pressure on us. Favre is gonna be slinging the ball around and checking out of runs to prove a point. I think the Hero worship from last week will work against Favre. He thinks he still has skillz and can win a game alone on his arm. 3-4 picks are possibly by him tonight.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Minny has played 2 weak sisters and another team in rebuilding mode. GB has played a good Chicago team, a possibly good Cincinatti team, and one weak sister. We'll get a better idea where both teams (and JQ precious Favre) are when they play tonight. Looking forward to it.

Glad GB is the underdog, less pressure on us. Favre is gonna be slinging the ball around and checking out of runs to prove a point. I think the Hero worship from last week will work against Favre. He thinks he still has skillz and can win a game alone on his arm. 3-4 picks are possibly by him tonight.

I hate to tell you all, but SF is a good team and I think some here are down playing a bit. It's true about the other two teams they faced however.

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am worried about the O line protecting Rodgers and also about the D stopping AP. I am not worried about Favre. There are at least 15 other qb's in the league better than him and Rodgers is one of them. Favre is on a very good team, he is not the reason the team is good. I can't wait until this game, I hope Favre is eating humble pie. :stinker:

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to tell you all, but SF is a good team and I think some here are down playing a bit. It's true about the other two teams they faced however.

SF is a good team. But not having Gore really hurt them that game. Their offense still isn't great, but their D will keep them in games.

That being said, I think the Packers have played better teams so far. But the Vikings have played better as a team thus far. But not a lot better.

fromphilly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not worried about Favre. There are at least 15 other qb's in the league better than him and Rodgers is one of them. Favre is on a very good team, he is not the reason the team is good. I can't wait until this game, I hope Favre is eating humble pie. :stinker:

i didn't expect Brett to play like this tonight. he IS their best player tonight.

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
i didn't expect Brett to play like this tonight. he IS their best player tonight.

I can't say Brett is doing anything amazing. Yes he played well and you can't take that away from him, but most of his plays were just dump offs to his receivers. I recently read an article that said his average pass completion travels only 5 or 6 yards, which is like 36 lowest in the NFL.

He has become a game manager, and he missed on a few long throws which makes me think the arm isn't all there anymore. That said he threw a few lazers, too, so I guess I will wait until later in the season to pass judgement.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't say Brett is doing anything amazing. Yes he played well and you can't take that away from him, but most of his plays were just dump offs to his receivers. I recently read an article that said his average pass completion travels only 5 or 6 yards, which is like 36 lowest in the NFL.

He has become a game manager, and he missed on a few long throws which makes me think the arm isn't all there anymore. That said he threw a few lazers, too, so I guess I will wait until later in the season to pass judgement.

there is nothing wrong with being a game manager ,,, if your winning games by all means ,, manage the game ... also i can believe people are worried about bretts arm ,,, it looks like it always has ... nothing really changed with brett other than the jersey and his age ...

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
there is nothing wrong with being a game manager ,,, if your winning games by all means ,, manage the game ... also i can believe people are worried about bretts arm ,,, it looks like it always has ... nothing really changed with brett other than the jersey and his age ...

I know there's nothing wrong with being a game manager. I'm just saying he has to rely on the talent of the rest of his team to be effective. I just don't know if he can still do what Rodgers is doing right now.

On a side note...Brett really looks his age after games now. He always comments on just how tired he is, and he looks it. I might have to join some of the doubters that think he won't last the whole season at this level.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

not a single pic by no. 4 although Rodgers got one in case you missed that and do Favre skills look diminished to you? 24 for 31 for 271 3 td's and a qb rateing of 142. I THINK HE MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING LEFT IN THE TANK DON'T YOU?
Thanks Mike Mccarthy and ted thompson for the gift of favre. Now Teddy you might have some explaining to do! LOL

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not a single pic by no. 4 although Rodgers got one in case you missed that and do Favre skills look diminished to you? 24 for 31 for 271 3 td's and a qb rateing of 142. I THINK HE MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING LEFT IN THE TANK DON'T YOU?
Thanks Mike Mccarthy and ted thompson for the gift of favre. Now Teddy you might have some explaining to do! LOL
Where will Favre be in 4 years? 5 Years? Probably sittin' on the porch down in the Bayou drinking his tea watching Aaron Rodgers play in the playoffs. Enjoy Favre's last couple of years...he won't last much longer than that. That is why the decision was made to let him go in the first place. Arod is the quarterback of the future. If Favre had to play behind our O-line right now he'd be dead already, and everybody would be saying how washed up he is right now. Whether you like TT and MM, I agree that it was time to let Favre go and time to start playing the kid they have been grooming for 3 years. Unfortunately, they haven't adressed the O-line issue and it is costing us right now. If they don't address the issue in this offseason, we should toss TT to the curb, because he would have to be totally oblivious to not see it 2 seasons in a row. MM better get his act together this season too or we need to hire an Offensive Co-Ordinator and strip him of those duties so he can concentrate on the game more (like yelling at his players for making so many stupid penalties). Is it really that hard to come up with a pass play designed to make a 5 yard gain, or to make a run play that has a blocker in front of Grant? Good God... people have said that Favre threw mostly 5 yard passes in that game and that it was not that great of a performance. YES...5 YARD PASSES CAN BE EFFECTIVE !!! When your run game is getting shut down, a 5 yard pass can eat the other defense alive.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@AzPackerFan-

We threw several screens and short passes last night. In fact, they worked pretty well. The problem is, when you can't run the ball that well and you're playing from behind, your only option is to go deep. We were down by two TD's 4 minutes into the 3rd quarter. We had no real choice but to start throwing the ball.

However, here's what I saw- Despite our revolving door for an o-line, and despite getting jobbed by the refs, our team was quite competitive. Had Rodgers had some better protection, I'm willing to bet we win that game. Plus, I dunno what happened to our pass protection, but we did a great job stopping AP, holding him to the fewest yards to date. And man, what a monster play by Clay Matthews!

So if we fix a couple of things, I imagine we can be very good down the stretch. We have the bye week at an opportune time this week. Hopefully we can get some problems solved and come out swinging.

Members online

Latest posts