Nice game Refs

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched the tape. Did anyone notice that, on Rodgers 2nd INT, not only did Walker interfere with Jennings waaaay past five yards, BUT ALSO he clearly stepped out of bounds.

Then he tipped the pass which led to the INT.

He cannot be the first to touch the ball.

Viking fans, you are correct. The refs did a horrible job on this game.

Indeed then, concede them that point. But after all the times we have been screwed on bad calls this year, I don't feel sorry for them as much. Tough cookies.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Indeed then, concede them that point. But after all the times we have been screwed on bad calls this year, I don't feel sorry for them as much. Tough cookies.

Kitten, you missed my point. My point is that Rodgers 2nd interception should have been nullified as the first player to touch the ball (Walker, the Viking defender) had previously stepped out of bounds. Thus, he was ineligible to touch the ball first. As soon as he touched it, there should have been a penalty on the Vikings.

Not that it matters. Just saying...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten, you missed my point. My point is that Rodgers 2nd interception should have been nullified as the first player to touch the ball (Walker, the Viking defender) had previously stepped out of bounds. Thus, he was ineligible to touch the ball first. As soon as he touched it, there should have been a penalty on the Vikings.

Not that it matters. Just saying...

Got you! Sorry about that, I thought you were talking about a different play! I guess the point is we still won the bloody game, LOL! :happy0005:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Kevin Seifert said it perfectly on his NFC North blog:

NFC North Blog - ESPN

I like the term "loser's lament". I think Florio used it too. This is a really hard loss for the Vikings to take. Even when both teams are in good condition and playing well, losing this game is never pleasurable. To come in to this game thinking they were gonna ride Brett's arm to a big blowout over a broken up team and then lose, has to be discouraging.

Seifert and Florio also both made good points. There ARE bad calls in every game. A winning team knows how to win in spite of the calls. I hated the call at the end of the Arizona game and at the end of the Washington game, but if our team had played better, we wouldn't have been in such a predicament. The same goes for the Vikings last night. Childress called a timid game. Did you notice how few times Favre really went deep? He could have torched our torn up secondary, and Childress didn't press the issue. Childress didn't use the challenge flag when he could have. Childress didn't leave AP in on crucial plays. He was just plain timid. Dilfer called Childress out today for throwing Favre under the bus. Childress is a large part of the reason for last night's loss and he knows it. He's trying to save his job by sacrificing his QB and complaining about the refs. He's a coward.

Then Favre threw 3 picks in the second half. It's hard for any team to win with 3 second-half picks. He kept trying to come back, but our linebackers had his number this time around.

Reaction score
Why don't you make me tough guy? The only reason you are so angry is because you know I'm right....You don't deserve the win.

And you talk about a pathetic fanbase....Riddle me this...Why did Favre get booed walking off the field at his last game at Lamblow? Why were 30% of the fans at "HISTORIC LAMBLOW FIELD" there wearing purple?

And this board was dead a few years back when the Packers picked Hawk in the top 5. DEAD. There wasn't a Packer fan to be found. So please take your bandwagon comments elsewhere chump before I smack you around this site.

The packers have the best fan base is the NFL WTF are you talking about. We have sold out about 290 games in a row. You had to share a field with a baseball team for the past decade. We have the most historic field in all of sports with Fenway park and Wrigley field. Hell the bears fans are more respectful than vikings fans. Don't be mad because you picked up Brett Favre. You flew down to his place, had players cry and tell him to come back because he had a miracle season, and now hes finally showing his true colors and all of a sudden you guys don't want him.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
The packers have the best fan base is the NFL WTF are you talking about. We have sold out about 290 games in a row. You had to share a field with a baseball team for the past decade. We have the most historic field in all of sports with Fenway park and Wrigley field. Hell the bears fans are more respectful than vikings fans. Don't be mad because you picked up Brett Favre. You flew down to his place, had players cry and tell him to come back because he had a miracle season, and now hes finally showing his true colors and all of a sudden you guys don't want him.
NFL's best fans? We gotta hand it to Steelers (barely) - NFL - ESPN
The (barely) donotes a tie between them and who? who? who? THE VIKINGS, lol, just kidding, fool....Who you think?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Refs fudged up a NFC North match up game thats unheard of. Bears vs Lions, Packers vs Bears, Lions vs Vikings, Packers vs Vikings, well maybe throw in the Packers vs Lions game too.

This isn't news, it has happened so many times so far this year its a joke. This time we can be the ones laughing.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Refs **** up, dude.

It's part of the game. I don't really know what to tell you.

Score a TD at the end of the game and it isn't an issue.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

So what? A. He DID use the ground to keep control of the ball. B. They're complaining because it took time to see that Harvin had one foot out of bounds? Give me a break.

The referees owe us one playoff game from last year and two regular season games this year, so it all comes out in the wash. This means the refs still owe us.

In any event, the Vikings screwed up worse than the refs. Childress made wimpy play calls. He held his star running back out on crucial plays and needless to say; Favre stank up the place with 3 and almost 5 interceptions. You have room to complain about the refs when you first of all play worthy of winning. This was not that game.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe people are upset the Packers finally got a break in a game.

Last week, the Packers have a phantom "defensive player over the center" called on a punt. On the ensuing play, the Dolphins score on a screen where Jake Long commits the most blatant illegal man down field penalty ever committed.

Two weeks ago, ARod gets a helmet to the head while throwing an interception in overtime. NO CALL, Redskins win.

Week 3 vs. Chicago, Jay Cutler has TWO interceptions called back due to roughing the passer and pass interference penalties.

I don't feel bad for a bad call or two. It's part of the game. BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awwwwwwwwwwww!
Boo-Friggen-Hoo!
I feel soooooooo sorry for you....Not!

Why the hell should I side with you after watching the Pack go through the same thing?
Losing games after being screwed with bad calls.
After reading the linked article, it just makes me want to jump up and down with joy and do a happy dance!

:viksux: :kawaii: :taunt: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_lol: :Dancing: :grin2: :happy0005:

It's awesome! awesome! AWESOME!!!!!!! That the blown calls helped the Pack. Who proved once and for all that they are BETTER than the Vikings this year.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The refs have really banged us in all 3 of our losses, badly.
The Bears game was a joke with multiple bad and big calls... Ints reversed and a TD reversed because of their bad calls.

The Redskins game was a missed H-2-H hit on Rodgers in OT.

The Dolphins game was the gayest call ever with the guy lined up over the long snapper NOT less than a yard away.

But I admit last night the refs banged the Vikings, clearly, on the Quarless TD and the Shanko one perhaps.

So I grant you your complaint. If they had been good in all of our games, we'd be 6-1, which I would prefer over 4-3. Yes you would be 3-3.

Refs are bad, worse than ever. And more games are decided by one play these days it seems, so refs have too much impact on who wins and who loses.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And here's a few spot on comments from the link.

1. mgulrud says: October 25, 2010 6:02 PM oh freakin cry me a river.. non of those throws would have been made if the Vikes didnt have a hand attached to Mathews facemask ALL night long... dont worry though, they get it right ONCE
  2. JimmySmith says: October 25, 2010 6:02 PM The NFL also apologizes for the fact that the Vikings are 2-4 and fading fast, they are sorry Favre came back only to expose himself to the world as the true pervert that he is, they are sorry that Jared Allen got $70 million and can't seem to sack anyone, they are especially sorry that Sidney Rice tried to screw the Vikings and should have gotten surgery in the off season instead of waiting, sorry Chilly doesn't seem to be able to count to 11 and effectively use his challenge flag.
    We are very very sorry, will you ever forgive us?
  3. Scud Webb says: October 25, 2010 6:02 PM Isolated bad calls. CM gets facemasked all game, gets one call. An interception by a guy who had stepped out of bounds. Two bad GB spots. And on and on. Suck it up.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Meh,

Refs are just making up for the jobbing the pack got at the Metrodump last year.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
And here's a few spot on comments from the link.

1. mgulrud says: October 25, 2010 6:02 PM oh freakin cry me a river.. non of those throws would have been made if the Vikes didnt have a hand attached to Mathews facemask ALL night long... dont worry though, they get it right ONCE
  2. JimmySmith says: October 25, 2010 6:02 PM The NFL also apologizes for the fact that the Vikings are 2-4 and fading fast, they are sorry Favre came back only to expose himself to the world as the true pervert that he is, they are sorry that Jared Allen got $70 million and can't seem to sack anyone, they are especially sorry that Sidney Rice tried to screw the Vikings and should have gotten surgery in the off season instead of waiting, sorry Chilly doesn't seem to be able to count to 11 and effectively use his challenge flag.
    We are very very sorry, will you ever forgive us?
  3. Scud Webb says: October 25, 2010 6:02 PM Isolated bad calls. CM gets facemasked all game, gets one call. An interception by a guy who had stepped out of bounds. Two bad GB spots. And on and on. Suck it up.

Not to go all devil's advocate, but can you honestly blame them or holding CM3? If I were an opposing O-Linesmen I'd rather risk the holding penalty then have my QB decimated. You don't think these cats watched the film on GB's games with Philly and Buffalo? The facemask is a bit much and a more serious penalty but they don't seem to be calling them so these teams are going to continue to hold to protect their QB from The Beast.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the NFL feels the need to pacify the viking crybabies like a bunch of little children, so sad. They fail to see the shortcomings of their team due to their need to blame someone else.

Real reasons the vikes lost:

1. Favre's 3 picks, one of which was returned for a TD, he quite obviously is trying to force things and be the hero

2. Childress, oh I could go on for days about this guy. He does know what a challenge flag is, right? yet another 12 men penalty that I found very fitting. Also, why did he have AP on the sideline so much? Finally there is his unwillingness to bench Favre when he's clearly playing horrible. Thank you Brett for getting the vikes stuck with this guy until 2013.

3. Your d-line got absolutely owned by our "swiss cheese" o-line, they completely gave up on the pass rush and resorted to trying to tip passes. So this is what jared Allen looks like against a starting OT, interesting.

They could have given you that TD but I bet the result of the game would've been the same, the vikes clearly did not have a good game last night. in fact if the refs made no mistakes then the Frank Walker int and a late hit call on Nick Collins would've been wiped out too, so you see it works both ways. So keep crying, no one cares.

:viksux:

Members online

Latest posts