Nice game Refs

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The point is they were not subjective tonight...they were flat out BS. Flat out. We are so much better than the Packers it's not even funny.

The Quarrals td was not a td...and that catch by Shianco was a td. Everyone knows it. The only people that won't are Packer fans like you.

Blame anyone but yourself - the true calling card of a loser.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And just food for thought.(Have to defend my team a little. Just wait you'll like this.) The Vikes are 3 plays away from being 5-1. Brett's fumble in the end-zone that gave Miami the game. Brett's pick 6 that gave the Jet' s the game and Brett's pick 6 last night. And you wonder why Chilli is calling out Brett? If it was Jackson he would have been benched long ago.

No doubt about it. He did it to us for years. He did it to the Jets. Now he's doing it to the Vikings. For us, it's great what he's doing to the Vikings. His biggest crime to the Vikings is all the wasted time that could have been used to develop Jackson, or maybe Rosenfels, or some other young QB. I would imagine that a time will come, in Minnesota, where Brett Favre and Herschel Walker will be regularly mentioned in the same sentence.

It just boggles my mind that some people can somehow convince themselves that the Pack made the wrong move in accepting Favre's own decision to retire and then moved on with Rodgers.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
And just food for thought.(Have to defend my team a little. Just wait you'll like this.) The Vikes are 3 plays away from being 5-1. Brett's fumble in the end-zone that gave Miami the game. Brett's pick 6 that gave the Jet' s the game and Brett's pick 6 last night. And you wonder why Chilli is calling out Brett? If it was Jackson he would have been benched long ago.

Fair enough. Am happy that he is not my team's problem any more.

The Packers could also easily have a better record. The games have all been close, including the two OT losses that could have gone either way. That just how the cookie crumbles some times.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't really complain as much about the officiating when you win! Losing team does, I can tell you honestly I complained up a storm these last few weeks, but those games bordered on the realm of ridiculous. Some teams have every right to complain, because those penalties cost us the game. Bad penalties did NOT cost the Vikings that game. Try Favre throwing multiple INT's several of which resulted in points for the Packers. The Vikings would very likely of won that game had it not been for that. The Vikings lost if for themselves. If you really want to blame someone, look no further than Farve. I'm all for blaming the officials but don't blame them for something that they didn't do. To be honest, there were bad calls on both sides, calls that should of been penalties but were not. Both have a right to complain about those, but lets get one thing clear, the Vikings didn't lose the game because of it. Now man up Vikings, regroup and come back for more. How many chanced did he have to hit that endzone during the last few minutes of the game. How many times did he fail.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Waa Waa Waaa, those nassty refsess stole this game from us. Oh wait a minute, I just checked this morning's Washington Post and do you know what it said? Packers 4-3 Vikings 2-4. That's the only "fact" that really matters now isn't it?

V

Vikeman

So what about the pick in the endzone you got while shoving our wideout out of the play all the way down the sideline?

What about the NUMEROUS plays where your RT held Matthews, mostly by the facemask and helmet?

you cant have it both ways.

And just b/c the TV box says that it should have been a TD doesnt mean it was. Everyone who saw it CLEARLY saw him trap the ball against the ground.

If you wanna be a REAL fan and READ the rule book, it states, in summary form, that a reciever CANNOT use the ground as a means to secure the ball to the body, in any form. The nose of the ball CLEARLY hit the ground, pushing the ball into his grip.

HENCE no TD.

But, in your defense, the Quarless TD was a BAD call. Too bad your Coach did not have the nuts to challenge it.

Don't have time to read through all of this, but feel my $0.02 is necessary:

We got a lot of calls last night. I thought the TD called back and the Packer TD were just bad calls. But every game up to this one, I thought the calls went against us. How does CM3 take off his helmet in the middle of the play and no refs notice all that hair flopping around? Viking fans have a right to be miffed. But we have been on the other side the first 6 games, it still feels like we deserve a few more games like this.

Overall, even for all the non-Packer games I have seen this season, the officiating has been noticeably poor. Not sure what is going on.

TY....that's all I wanted to hear.

V

Vikeman

There were bad calls both ways. We just got the better end of the deal this time. If Childress had had the balls to challenge the Quarless touchdown, and if it had been overturned, what's to say we wouldn't have scored a play or 2 later anyways? It wasn't like this was a 4th down play.

How about the completely bogus personal foul on Collins? Since Vikeman has declared the TV bozos the ruling force, they even said it was bogus. Maybe the second 4th and 1? Never shoulda been 4th down due to a missed spot (per Vikeman's new TV heroes), and Kuhn wasn't down... he kept digging and might or might not have gotten it (also noted by Vikeman's TV authorities).

And then Vikemnan has the balls to say we won due to the officiating, and then says the Queens are better than the Packers because we lost to the Bears? I guess Vikeman didn't realize we were called for 18 penalties against the Bears, many bogus, and we still almost won that game.

As for Matthews' helmet, it looked like the chin-strap had been pulled loose (no surprise there, as Loadholdt had a handfull of Clay and his helmet numerous times and didn't get called) and the helmet was coming off on its own before Matthews threw it the rest of the way off. I have no idea if that affects the ruling or not.

You don't get it both ways, Vikeman, at least not in any place other than your mom's basement. When you get home from school, you can whine and pout and stomp your little feet all you want... just don't do it here.

Give me a break dude. The spot on Kuhn was because the whistle was blown and he was wrapped up. Doesn't matter if he was digging or wasn't on the ground. Thw whistle was blown...short of a 1st down. Try again

And once again I'm not talking about holding calls. Holding happens every play. I'm talking about TD's being taken away when in fact it was a td. That's the play that cost the Vikings the game. I find it funny that the Packer fans who were with me watching the game live knew it was BS....but the fans on here don't seem to think so.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
V

Vikeman

Waa Waa Waaa, those nassty refsess stole this game from us. Oh wait a minute, I just checked this morning's Washington Post and do you know what it said? Packers 4-3 Vikings 2-4. That's the only "fact" that really matters now isn't it?

The fact that you read that liberal rag means you don't even deserve a response.

But hey I got some advice for you....the Washington Post is good for 2 things....starting chimney fires and training puppies. LIB!!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah don't feel so bad Vikeman, it seems to be a league wide issue. The Vikings and Packers can't be the only ones complaining about it. I can tell you in Eagles are up in arms too. Eventually it'll hit its crescendo and the league will be forced to address it. Until then hang on, things are not all that bad for your Vikings!

V

Vikeman

The Rodgers int in endzone Walker went out of bounds then touched the ball

Shouldnt been a int right?

This is the rule

or does that just apply to an offensive player

Was Frank Walker the 1st person to touch the ball? You are digging real deep now to dispell a Shianco td that should have been credited. Don't worry...I would be defensive about the win myself.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Was Frank Walker the 1st person to touch the ball? You are digging real deep now to dispell a Shianco td that should have been credited. Don't worry...I would be defensive about the win myself.
Walker was the first person to touch the ball and I was wondering about that when it happened. I'm not sure if the rule is applied the same to the defense. I know on offense if you go out of bounds you can't be the first person to touch the ball.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I RARELY pick on flags tthat are called or not called

YOUR coach didnt challenge the TD catch

Point being every game will have a handfull of plays where a ref screws up

Packers have had their share..

AZ playoff facemask

Skins helmet to helmet

So just move on, wont change a thing

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh, Bravo!

BTW, I absolutely HATE the zebras. HATE them. Each one is more incompetent than the next.

But, as I said, bad calls to both teams. When you come to the other team forum and start whining about the refs in the loss, you kinda look like a crybaby.

Raptorman said it best.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were bad calls both ways. We just got the better end of the deal this time. If Childress had had the balls to challenge the Quarless touchdown, and if it had been overturned, what's to say we wouldn't have scored a play or 2 later anyways? It wasn't like this was a 4th down play.

How about the completely bogus personal foul on Collins? Since Vikeman has declared the TV bozos the ruling force, they even said it was bogus. Maybe the second 4th and 1? Never shoulda been 4th down due to a missed spot (per Vikeman's new TV heroes), and Kuhn wasn't down... he kept digging and might or might not have gotten it (also noted by Vikeman's TV authorities).

And then Vikemnan has the balls to say we won due to the officiating, and then says the Queens are better than the Packers because we lost to the Bears? I guess Vikeman didn't realize we were called for 18 penalties against the Bears, many bogus, and we still almost won that game.

As for Matthews' helmet, it looked like the chin-strap had been pulled loose (no surprise there, as Loadholdt had a handfull of Clay and his helmet numerous times and didn't get called) and the helmet was coming off on its own before Matthews threw it the rest of the way off. I have no idea if that affects the ruling or not.

You don't get it both ways, Vikeman, at least not in any place other than your mom's basement. When you get home from school, you can whine and pout and stomp your little feet all you want... just don't do it here.
Post of the Thread nomination.

Write On!!!

narmer2000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Officiating overall this year in the league has been horrible. Look at the Chicago/Detroit game..Detroit won that game...the Green Bay/Chicago game...18 penalties on one team....not to mention the Dolphins/Steelers game where they took the game from Miami...maybe the officials are planning on their own lockout.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't really complain as much about the officiating when you win! Losing team does, I can tell you honestly I complained up a storm these last few weeks, but those games bordered on the realm of ridiculous. Some teams have every right to complain, because those penalties cost us the game. Bad penalties did NOT cost the Vikings that game. Try Favre throwing multiple INT's several of which resulted in points for the Packers. The Vikings would very likely of won that game had it not been for that. The Vikings lost if for themselves. If you really want to blame someone, look no further than Farve. I'm all for blaming the officials but don't blame them for something that they didn't do. To be honest, there were bad calls on both sides, calls that should of been penalties but were not. Both have a right to complain about those, but lets get one thing clear, the Vikings didn't lose the game because of it. Now man up Vikings, regroup and come back for more. How many chanced did he have to hit that endzone during the last few minutes of the game. How many times did he fail.
:amen:

Another nomination for Post of the Thread.

Packers won because they were better and that's all there was to it.
Had not one thing at all to do with the Refs.
Pull your heads out of the spot where the sun don't shine, wake up and smell the coffee.
Packers were better than the Vikes.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shank-*** was clearly out in the back of the endzone. Favre should have thrown at least 4 picks in that game as well... The pack have been on the wrong side of bad calls for some time now. Dont complain about this one when you actually lost the game for yourselves viking fans!:viksux:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
:amen:

Another nomination for Post of the Thread.

Packers won because they were better and that's all there was to it.
Had not one thing at all to do with the Refs.
Pull your heads out of the spot where the sun don't shine, wake up and smell the coffee.
Packers were better than the Vikes.

Just to make a point, Vikings offense outscored the Packers offense. So take that! Nah nah nah nah nah!:happy0005:

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
When you come to the other team forum and start whining about the refs in the loss, you kinda look like a crybaby.
Crybaby? Eh, thats not the term I would've chosen, but whatever...
Kind of sad really, how someone can invest so much time in to trying to convince a group of people that they're right...
Kinda reminds me of a Jehovah's Witness or something...
:amen::amen: "Are you prepared for Jehovah's return?" :amen::amen:

Dude, take this **** to your online girlfriend or something, go away...

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL @ all the Vikings fans whining, I mean it looks rather pathetic now. It looks really lame saying you were the better team when you guys lost, and saying that you are 3 plays away from being 5-1 means NOTHING, we could say that to to be honest, but really what does that even mean? it means hey we almost won some games we were just a couple of plays away, just a nicer way of saying we lost.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Kevin Seifert said it perfectly on his NFC North blog:
Ultimately, however, complaining about officiating calls is a loser's lament. The Vikings had plenty of other opportunities to win that game, and the Packers could probably find instances where they felt an official's call went against them.

NFC North Blog - ESPN

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Just watched the tape. Did anyone notice that, on Rodgers 2nd INT, not only did Walker interfere with Jennings waaaay past five yards, BUT ALSO he clearly stepped out of bounds.

Then he tipped the pass which led to the INT.

He cannot be the first to touch the ball.

Viking fans, you are correct. The refs did a horrible job on this game.

Members online

Latest posts