Nice game Refs

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All I got to say is.. Trent Dilfer said the officials made the CORRECT call on the Shiancoe NON-TD.

And, that's all that matters.

Try again Dykeman.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you know NFL rules? Seriously? Did I or do I ever complain about holding calls? Even when Clifton grabs all over Allens jersey and arms....that's part of the game. The fact of the matter is the Vikings were screwed on the shianco td. It is so obvious it was a td. I can set myself aside and be an unbiased Viking fan and I can tell you as an NFL fan it is a league wide problem. You saw it firsthand tonight. Until the NFL gets it's act together is will continue to be a problem.

The rule is simple....and I will quote it for you Tuesday on Ref review. The ball can hit the ground if the rec has possession. Shianco had possession.

Your team is not better than ours. You lost to the Bears. The refs handed you this game.

As far as whining is concerned I'm gonna spend the next 3 hours bumping threads calling out Packer fans for complaining about holds. It's my new mission.

Tonight was a shameful night for the NFL.

See you at the dome.
If the ball hits the ground, it's incomplete. That simple. He was coming down with it, and he used the turf to maintain control.

I think this rule is stupid. The guy had control of the ball.

However, by NFL rules, it was a perfect call.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else,buy I plan on spending the next 3 hours sleeping contently in my bed dreaming about my first place Packers...

Ah, sweet dreams fellow Packer fans...sounds like it will be a LONG night for a few Viking fans!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Ok folks settle down. Man, what a bunch of, well I can't say it because it's calling people names.....

Face it. The NFL refs sucks. Now, for those here that know me, I believe I said that in the beginning of the year. And I believe we had a thread on it. There were holding calls not called, on BOTH teams. And think of it, when was the last time you watched an NFL game and not one holding call is made? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Yeah, me neither.

Shiancoes TD should have been? Quarles shouldn't have? Big Deal. The game is in the books and nothing will change. If you have to complain about the refs in a close game then your team is not doing it's job. Right now I think Brett is about one more pick 6 from being benched. If it was Jackson he would be on the bench after the Jets game. (BTW, good luck next week, the Pack will need it.) That's at least two games that he lost on a stupid pass.

Just agree that the refs suck and hope like hell they call a better game next time.

And just what the hell is Matthews doing taking his helmet off during a play? Anyone wanna guess how much it's going to cost him?

kaiser7ko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can i just ask what "name" i called "him???" i feel i merely stated the fact's of the game and the short comings of his coaching staff!!!! obviously i may be too much of a packers fan for a PACKERS forum and for that i apologise but im sure if i got banned and then had to go to vikings forums to get my kicks i would be banned straight away for talking such bs on whats meant to be a forum for THE FANS THAT IT REPRESENTS!!! :S

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dilfer is wrong 50% of the time and you need to check on the other 50%.

I checked. The play was called correctly as an incompletion according to the rules. Looks like he was right this time. Crazy how the purple wearing Sallys can't see it was called a good game by the refs. The only one was the Quarless TD, which wasn't the refs fault. They didn't see it. Like I said, blame your own coach. GB has more complaints than the Vikings do, seeing how Matthews rarely gets holding calls or facemasks which there were plenty of.

Great game though!!

kaiser7ko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can i just ask why we seem to be accommodating non packers fans so much in a PACKERS forum???? I suppose im going to get banned for asking such a sensible question but i guess someone got to do it...............

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
regardless, if the refs cost you the game, the game wasnt yours to take. simple. Teams beat refs when they are good enough.

We are not the team that can, as we have the same beefs over ALL of our losses. We could blame them for all our losses in the last 11 months IMO. Not even small plays, but BIG ones.

The main thing is that if we had played better beforehand, we would have won those games. Works both ways i am afraid.

Blaming the refs is like blaming the wind, fog or rain. Blaming a slippery ball, blaming the start time of a game, or the temp at game time.

Its all relative and cyclical. Both teams deal with the same factors at the exact same time.

Everything else is an excuse. We are not above them, but you cannot blame them for a loss.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Can i just ask why we seem to be accommodating non packers fans so much in a PACKERS forum???? I suppose im going to get banned for asking such a sensible question but i guess someone got to do it...............
Because some of us non-Packer fans bring good football discussion to the forum. If you want a forum were other fans aren't welcome I can name a few for you.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I checked. The play was called correctly as an incompletion according to the rules. Looks like he was right this time. Crazy how the purple wearing Sallys can't see it was called a good game by the refs. The only one was the Quarless TD, which wasn't the refs fault. They didn't see it. Like I said, blame your own coach. GB has more complaints than the Vikings do, seeing how Matthews rarely gets holding calls or facemasks which there were plenty of.

Great game though!!
Actually most of what I have seen is Packer fans complaining about not getting holding calls. As I stated before, there were plenty of holding calls on both teams that could have been made, but were not. And I for one am not blaming the refs for the game. Tell me, since you have the rulebook handy, what's the penalty for a player taking his helmet off during a play?

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Come on man why wouldn't you want viking fans here to rub it their faces? :viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually most of what I have seen is Packer fans complaining about not getting holding calls. As I stated before, there were plenty of holding calls on both teams that could have been made, but were not. And I for one am not blaming the refs for the game. Tell me, since you have the rulebook handy, what's the penalty for a player taking his helmet off during a play?

Summary:

Delay of game penaly/ unsportsman like conduct: 10/15 yds.

who did this tonite?!? I saw Woodson get his knocked off and Matthews take his off during a T.O. to throw all that lions mane back into his helmet, neither of which would be a penalty.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Because some of us non-Packer fans bring good football discussion to the forum. If you want a forum were other fans aren't welcome I can name a few for you.

This is the correct answer.

Raptorman is killing it in this thread. I think I clicked the Awesome button twice.

Carry on...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And this board was dead a few years back when the Packers picked Hawk in the top 5. DEAD. There wasn't a Packer fan to be found. So please take your bandwagon comments elsewhere chump before I smack you around this site.

Dead cuz the owner sold it and lot of people went to a different forum cuz they didnt like how the new owner ran this one

Why not speak of which you know, and not talk out your butt?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Ok folks settle down. Man, what a bunch of, well I can't say it because it's calling people names.....

Face it. The NFL refs sucks. ...
Shiancoes TD should have been? Quarles shouldn't have? Big Deal. The game is in the books and nothing will change...

Just agree that the refs suck and hope like hell they call a better game next time.

Raptorman- you are ruining my favorite impression that all Viking fans are jerks. I have to admit that I welcome your input here on the Packer forum, despite the fact that you root for the bad guys.

Can't agree with you more. The refs have been exceptionally bad lately. I have lost count how many times this season that I have been able to (without needing replay) know that a call was incorrectly made. Yesterday, I knew that Ben R. fumbled going into the endzone, in real time. I could not believe that a TD was called! It ended up costing Miami the victory. I have also seen several in-bounds catches when, again in real time, I saw that a foot was clearly on the line, etc. What amazes me is that often the referee is looking right at the foot, too!?

I don't know about the Vikings as I don't watch all their games, but I think the Packers have come out on the short end of several key bad calls (or non-calls, as was the case in last year's playoffs). So, as a Packer fan, it is nice to finally see a key bad call or two go against our opponents.

I also agree with another post in this thread that good teams rise above bad calls. Unfortunately, the Packers haven't been good enough to make the refs irrelevant lately. Apparently, neither are the Vikings.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one who has noticed this?????

After every single NFL game it is always, always something else other than the other team having a good game.
It's always:
"We made too many mistakes."
"The refs didn't make enough calls."
Etc etc etc.
It's every excuse in the book except one: The other team played better than we did.
Credit is never given to the winning team by the losing team or it's fans.
There weren't any bad calls that had anything to do with the Vikes loss.
The Packers played better than them.
And that's what happened tonight.
End of story.
Over and out.
Nuff said.

Your welcome Vikes fans for that bit of free education.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
If there's one thing I got out of the post game, it's that Childress is an ***-hat. You've got to be kidding me, what kind of coach does that? If was Brett, I'd be seriously considering retirement this week. No way I'd play for that guy.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't have time to read through all of this, but feel my $0.02 is necessary:

We got a lot of calls last night. I thought the TD called back and the Packer TD were just bad calls. But every game up to this one, I thought the calls went against us. How does CM3 take off his helmet in the middle of the play and no refs notice all that hair flopping around? Viking fans have a right to be miffed. But we have been on the other side the first 6 games, it still feels like we deserve a few more games like this.

Overall, even for all the non-Packer games I have seen this season, the officiating has been noticeably poor. Not sure what is going on.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Summary:

Delay of game penaly/ unsportsman like conduct: 10/15 yds.

who did this tonite?!? I saw Woodson get his knocked off and Matthews take his off during a T.O. to throw all that lions mane back into his helmet, neither of which would be a penalty.
Matthews took his helmet off during a play in the 4th quarter. When I get home tonight I can look at the game and give you a time.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair game does need to get called, refs have been a complete joke. But I can't tell you how many times Viking lineman get away with blatant holding calls. When William's jersey is being pulled off during an AP run in the 4th quarter, you have to call something. Wouldn't be surprised if refs let things go to see the old man win again. Too bad not even they could help it.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were bad calls both ways. We just got the better end of the deal this time. If Childress had had the balls to challenge the Quarless touchdown, and if it had been overturned, what's to say we wouldn't have scored a play or 2 later anyways? It wasn't like this was a 4th down play.

How about the completely bogus personal foul on Collins? Since Vikeman has declared the TV bozos the ruling force, they even said it was bogus. Maybe the second 4th and 1? Never shoulda been 4th down due to a missed spot (per Vikeman's new TV heroes), and Kuhn wasn't down... he kept digging and might or might not have gotten it (also noted by Vikeman's TV authorities).

And then Vikemnan has the balls to say we won due to the officiating, and then says the Queens are better than the Packers because we lost to the Bears? I guess Vikeman didn't realize we were called for 18 penalties against the Bears, many bogus, and we still almost won that game.

As for Matthews' helmet, it looked like the chin-strap had been pulled loose (no surprise there, as Loadholdt had a handfull of Clay and his helmet numerous times and didn't get called) and the helmet was coming off on its own before Matthews threw it the rest of the way off. I have no idea if that affects the ruling or not.

You don't get it both ways, Vikeman, at least not in any place other than your mom's basement. When you get home from school, you can whine and pout and stomp your little feet all you want... just don't do it here.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Raptorman- you are ruining my favorite impression that all Viking fans are jerks. I have to admit that I welcome your input here on the Packer forum, despite the fact that you root for the bad guys.

Can't agree with you more. The refs have been exceptionally bad lately. I have lost count how many times this season that I have been able to (without needing replay) know that a call was incorrectly made. Yesterday, I knew that Ben R. fumbled going into the endzone, in real time. I could not believe that a TD was called! It ended up costing Miami the victory. I have also seen several in-bounds catches when, again in real time, I saw that a foot was clearly on the line, etc. What amazes me is that often the referee is looking right at the foot, too!?

I don't know about the Vikings as I don't watch all their games, but I think the Packers have come out on the short end of several key bad calls (or non-calls, as was the case in last year's playoffs). So, as a Packer fan, it is nice to finally see a key bad call or two go against our opponents.

I also agree with another post in this thread that good teams rise above bad calls. Unfortunately, the Packers haven't been good enough to make the refs irrelevant lately. Apparently, neither are the Vikings.
The refs have sucked for several years now. It's just becoming more apparent because the games are getting closer in score and the bad refs are now affecting the outcome of games.(In general, not necessarily this game)

I'm not sure on the rule for the TD caches, but it don't matter because the NFL will never change a game after its over. And really folks, tell me, when was the last time you saw a NFL game with not a single holding call? It got worse as the game went on because they never called. I could go down a list of non-calls from both teams but what's the point?

And just food for thought.(Have to defend my team a little. Just wait you'll like this.) The Vikes are 3 plays away from being 5-1. Brett's fumble in the end-zone that gave Miami the game. Brett's pick 6 that gave the Jet' s the game and Brett's pick 6 last night. And you wonder why Chilli is calling out Brett? If it was Jackson he would have been benched long ago.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong about the timing so correct me if I am, however, didn't the vikes still manage to have the lead AFTER both of the controversial TD calls? It was 17-14 at halftime so it's not like the Packers were ahead due to either of the calls. Basically, the second half was at the taking for either team with the slight advantage to the vikes and they managed to lose.

Members online